Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Major earthquake in Haiti

Originally posted by gregg729 View Post
    Oh good grief, get real. I have a big problem with this proposal of turning a natural disaster into a golden opportunity to punish the evil American hegemony.

This argument is no different than Jesse Jackson's proposal of reparations to black Americans for Antebellum slave ownership, and equally idiotic.

We're Haiti's wealthy neighbor. And we're the strongest power on the planet that frequently plays the role of moral authority when our leadership has the backbone to use it. For those reasons, we should be giving aid to Haiti. And $100 million is an appropriate starting amount.

I think it's very disgraceful to use a natural catastrophe as an opportunity for voicing your chip on your shoulder about your country, AMC.
    Thank you for the profane negative rep.

Comment

A reporter I used to work with described Haiti like this, after I asked him how it was...

I saw a pile of corpses arranged like pyre. I have never smelled anything as foul and horrifying. We have it lucky in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        Of course that useful idiot Danny Glover has chimed in with his theory that this earthquake was caused by global warming, climate change and America's failures at the recent Copenhagen gathering. In Gloverland, evidently, a piece of paper, a deal, can forestall an act of nature. Danny Glover meet Neville Chamberlain. No harm done, of course, since nobody, and I mean nobody, looks to that clown for leadershp on any serious issue.
        Danny's totally right. Of course this was America's fault for "failing" in Copenhagen. That's why this earthquake took place in... uh... Haiti. The Earth was so torqued off at the United States that it decided to teach Haiti a lesson. I mean, it's not like there's anywhere in the US that Mother Earth could have struck, right? California doesn't count because all the actors there are innocents who are trying to preach the good word, and Gaia knows this.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Glover's way off base.

Its George Bush's fault.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Danny's totally right. Of course this was America's fault for "failing" in Copenhagen. That's why this earthquake took place in... uh... Haiti. The Earth was so torqued off at the United States that it decided to teach Haiti a lesson. I mean, it's not like there's anywhere in the US that Mother Earth could have struck, right? California doesn't count because all the actors there are innocents who are trying to preach the good word, and Gaia knows this.
            Glover and Robertson need some sort of joint award here. They've certainly earned it.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              Glover's way off base.

Its George Bush's fault.
              Come on now, anyone who's posted here long enough knows that "It's All Clinton's Fault." (tm - ScoobyDoo)
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                Glover and Robertson need some sort of joint award here. They've certainly earned it.
                I think they both need a joint...might help them both get perspective
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  Come on now, anyone who's posted here long enough knows that "It's All Clinton's Fault." (tm - ScoobyDoo)
                  Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Hey, man, it's Dave.

Dave's not here

No man, it's Dave
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      51st state, anyone?
                      Funny you should say that.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That this even has to be said is ridiculous.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Perhaps do a J together and then release a joint statement? Now THAT would be interesting....
                          PAUL THOMPSON FOR HOBEY!www.thompsonforhobey.com

Vote for Hope and Change in 2010!

Comment

Storytime.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              that's uplifting. but still, sins of the fathers shouldn't fall on the sons.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I was listening to a BBC story on Angolan emergency response workers who were appalled at how poor and primitive Haiti is. That has to be the Mendoza line of development.

60 Minutes did a piece tonight. Nothing like a reporter asking the doctors "so, how much more of this can Haiti take"? Send medicine and shut up.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X