Major earthquake in Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Major earthquake in Haiti

I think we all know that Robertson is a d-bag that is still on the air because he owns the channel he's on. Since he owns it, he's allowed to be a d-bag without objection, and won't face any real repurcussions until after he passes on and his statements and actions are placed in final judgment. You'd think an 80 year old man would start to chill out in preparation.

And you have to chuckle at the Haitian ambassador's response.

I would like to address one thing that I heard tonight, about how the pact with the Devil made it possible for Haiti to suffer the way it has. I would like the whole world to know — America especially — that the independence of Haiti when the slaves rose up against the French and defeated the French army … the U.S. was able to gain the Louisiana Territory for $15 million. That’s three cents an acre. That’s 13 states west of the Mississippi that the Haitian slaves’ revolt in Haiti provided America. Also, the revolt of the rebels in Haiti allowed Latin America to be free. It’s from Haiti that Simon Bolivar left with men, boats, to go deliver Grand Colombia and the rest of South America. So, what pact the Haitians made with the Devil, has helped the United States become what it is.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      First time in the Cafe?
      LOL!
      This space for rent... cheap!

Comment

Thanks, AMC!
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

unprecedented tragedy for this poor poor country. the reports are horrific.
          government has ceased to function. US Special Forces have opened the airport. US, China, France, Italy, Britain all in with help. this will get far far worse before it gets better.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Pretty emotional address from the Canadian governor general, who was born in Haiti, on the Globe and Mail's website. Sad to see this country that struggles to feed itself in the best of times reduced to this. A guy I worked with still has family in country and hasn't been able to reach anyone. Needless to say he took the day off and is hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Thanks, AMC!
              I could have posted Limbaugh's rant about how we shouldn't help Haiti.

All I did was post Robertson's comments and point out that he is a.) one of Christianity's leading figures and b.) one of the most evil men in the world. If anyone would like to refute either statement, I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                All I did was post Robertson's comments and point out that he is a.) one of Christianity's leading figures and b.) one of the most evil men in the world. If anyone would like to refute either statement, I'm all ears.
                The only people who consider Pat to be a Christian leader are non-Christians. I was at my church yesterday and there was a group standing around ****ed off about his comments... most of them didn't even realize Pat was still alive (until his comments hit the news that is), let alone that he still had a TV show.
                Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                  The only people who consider Pat to be a Christian leader are non-Christians.
                  You seem to be forgetting all the christians who support his cable network and that horrific 700 club show that's syndicated on several other channels. He's not exactly small time in America.

Comment

Originally posted by gregg729 View Post
                    That's so slimy, using a major disaster to slam something you don't like. Especially Catholicism and all its denominations. I was in New Orleans after Katrina. I saw many, many Baptist, Methodist, and/or Catholic aid trucks show up and deliver much-needed supplies.

The atheists and agnosts delivered? Nothing.

People who have a problem with organized religion should shut their traps in times of major disasters. It's not like they do even 1% of the good that organized religion does in these times.
                    Congratulations. The single most ignorant post in Forum history. You should be proud.

Robertson's a crazy old moron; as somebody said below, nobody with an ounce of genuine spirituality pays any attention to him.

The emphasis should be on the victims of the tragedy, not some far right loon.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 01-14-2010, 11:40 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Very sad.
                      Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                      http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                      Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                      Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                      Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                      All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
                        A guy I worked with still has family in country and hasn't been able to reach anyone. Needless to say he took the day off and is hoping for the best.
                        One of my good friends at school is in the same situation as of last night. He just flew back from Haiti this past weekend, ironically.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                          You seem to be forgetting all the christians who support his cable network and that horrific 700 club show that's syndicated on several other channels. He's not exactly small time in America.
                          That's representative of a small fraction of fundamentalists. The bulk of the Christian community, especially us evangelicals, ignore him.
                          Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                            That's representative of a small fraction of fundamentalists. The bulk of the Christian community, especially us evangelicals, ignore him.
                            33% of Americans have a favorable impression of him. 76% of American adults say they are some flavor of Christian. Making the I-don't-think-unwarranted assumption that the vast majority of Robertson's supporters identify themselves as Christians, that means roughly 43% of people identifying themselves as Christian have a favorable impression of Robertson.

Whatever -- even if they're lunatics if they donate may Shiva and the Corn Goddess bless them.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh god, make it stop.

This thread is not about Pat Robertson.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Whatever -- even if they're lunatics if they donate may Shiva and the Corn Goddess bless them.
                                right on! donate and donate often.

Comment

Working...
                                X