2016 Academy Awards - 2/28/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Academy Awards - 2/28/2016

Finally saw Mad Max on Friday. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Amazing story and plot? Nope. But it deserves to sweeping through the editing and effects categories. Stunning.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Best Supporting Actor - Mark Rylance for Bridge of Spies.

Note - my wife and I have not seen ANY of the movies nominated for the major awards. I'm busy putting them on our Netflix queue, however.
      Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
        Best Supporting Actor - Mark Rylance for Bridge of Spies.

Note - my wife and I have not seen ANY of the movies nominated for the major awards. I'm busy putting them on our Netflix queue, however.
        Had about half of them already queued up. Adding the other half.

As for Rylance...wow. That was some serious chops he was up against.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oh Jesus F* is Louis CK stone cold. Love it.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Bye.
            Don't be mad at me. I'm glancing at the Awards while washing between my patient's folds...

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              Don't be mad at me. I'm glancing at the Awards while washing between my patient's folds...
              I thought it was a sh* movie, and begrudgingly allowed the tech and costume awards.

Comment

I thought it was a sh* movie, and begrudgingly allowed the tech and costume awards.
                Ah -- It certainly wouldn't win any writing or acting awards as far as I was concerned, but I thought it looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                  Ah -- It certainly wouldn't win any writing or acting awards as far as I was concerned, but I thought it looked good.
                  I wanted a popcorn movie, expected a popcorn movie, and got convoluted crap.

And that In Memoriam tribute...well done. Losing Nimoy/Rickman/Maureen...those hurt.

Comment

I'm not understanding how MMFR is convoluted. They drove one direction with a bunch of explosions, stopped, then drove back with even more explosions. I saw how ridiculous this was right away, and it didn't stop me from having fun watching it unfold.

Again, not going to win major awards. It shouldn't. Honestly I'm surprised it was nominated.

Comment

@jwoodham 2 minutes ago
                      OBAMA: You can either run for president or you can introduce Lady GaGa at the Oscars. You can’t do both.
                      BIDEN: Okay. I’ve made my decision.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I'm not understanding how MMFR is convoluted. They drove one direction with a bunch of explosions, stopped, then drove back with even more explosions. I saw how ridiculous this was right away, and it didn't stop me from having fun watching it unfold.

Again, not going to win major awards. It shouldn't. Honestly I'm surprised it was nominated.
                        I had no clue what was going on besides driving and shooting. The actual plot...uh, what was that again? WAS there one? Hence, convoluted. I didn't expect an award winner. I expected a True Lies, a Crank, a Snatch sorta movie. Nope. Pure sh*.

Comment

I had no clue what was going on besides driving and shooting. The actual plot...uh, what was that again? WAS there one? Hence, convoluted. I didn't expect an award winner. I expected a True Lies, a Crank, a Snatch sorta movie. Nope. Pure sh*.
                          The women were sick of being used as breeders and watching their children be abused and killed in battle. Furiosa helped them escape. That's about all I picked up, and it was enough. Ah well, to each their own.
                          Last edited by state of hockey; 02-28-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            The women were sick of being used as breeders and watching their children be abused and killed in battled. Furiosa helped then escape. That's about all I picked up, and it was enough. Ah well, to each their own.
                            I was super pumped about Charlize kicking some arse. And nothing. That's how bad the movie was, IMO.

And Sasha still getting pimped out on the Oscars? I know he has a new movie coming out, but still. His act is tired at this point.

Comment

Gaga's performance was amazing.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Gaga's performance was amazing.
                                Yes it was. Very moving. That last close up....man....

Comment

Working...
                                X