Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - Primary season! Duck (questions) season!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 - Primary season! Duck (questions) season!

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    This might have been posted already but it needs to be posted again.

20% of Trump supporters believe the slaves shouldn't have been freed.
    Newsradio this morning kept playing snippets of his victory speech, especially this part:

(at 4:50 mark)
    So this was very exciting tonight. But I’ll tell you it looks like we won by a lot evangelicals. I love evangelicals, and I have to tell you pastor [Robert] Jeffress has been so incredible on television and elsewhere. He has been great. And as you know Liberty University — do we love Liberty University? Huh? Jerry Falwell Jr., an unbelievable guy and he has been with us and with us from the beginning, and I want to thank Jerry and his family. It’s been amazing, the relationship.

So we won the evangelicals.*small applause* We won with young. *small applause* We won with old.*small applause* We won with highly educated.*small applause* *long pause* *sh&t eating grin* We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated. *long pause* *LOUD applause* We’re the smartest people, we’re the most loyal people, and you know what I’m happy about? Because I’ve been saying it for a long time. 46% were the Hispanics—46%, number one with Hispanics. I’m really happy about that.
    He really knows his fanbase, and is certainly playing up to it. Jesus.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

While everyone else is trying to say Rubio and Cruz still have a shot at least Morning Joe this morning called a spade a spade and said it was over.

Trump won Hispanics. You cannot make this **** up.
      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 02-24-2016, 10:29 AM.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This might have been posted already but it needs to be posted again.

20% of Trump supporters believe the slaves shouldn't have been freed.
        This is the important sentence in that article:

But it’s worth noting that he isn’t persuading voters to hold these beliefs. The beliefs were there — and have been for some time.
        These folks have always been there. They probably always will be there. Part of the function of those awful elite gatekeepers was to keep them the f-ck away from the levers of power, because they're ignorant and evil and crazy and above all CERTAIN, and if they ever get control of our courts and laws we will be indistinguishable from (your favorite boogeyman regime here).

The thing that's new is that the GOP has been playing with fire for decades, signalling to these types "Psst... we're on your side. Just give us the votes and we'll do all those things that it's impolite to talk about." The GOP has basically been saying, "we know blacks are inferior and women are inferior and immigrants are scum... but it's this darn political correctness that keeps us from telling it like it is."

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? These guys.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Trump won Hispanics among Republicans.
          Fixed your post. He probably won Muslim Republicans, too. Nuthin from nuthin' leaves nuthin.'
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Fixed your post. He probably won Muslim Republicans, too. Nuthin from nuthin' leaves nuthin.'
            LOL. Whatever. They have two Hispanics running and he crushed both of them. Kasic should have locked up the Muslim vote. Nothing. Trump has no demographics, and no ceiling. I laugh and scoff at everyone who said he did.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

LOL. Whatever. They have two Hispanics running and he crushed both of them. Kasic should have locked up the Muslim vote. Nothing. Trump has no demographics, and no ceiling. I laugh and scoff at everyone who said he did.
              The Latinos in the exit poll were a grand total of 139 souls.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

If Scooby's point is that amongst Republican Hispanics Trump still smoked the two Hispanic guys its important. The GOP hasn't changed its stripes much and if Trump is winning them over in NV will he also win them in the TX and FL primaries?

If the point is he's going to win them in the general election, this is where I step off.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  If Scooby's point is that amongst Republican Hispanics Trump still smoked the two Hispanic guys its important. The GOP hasn't changed its stripes much and if Trump is winning them over in NV will he also win them in the TX and FL primaries?

If the point is he's going to win them in the general election, this is where I step off.
                  The former, not the latter.

Comment

To be fair though, the majority of Hispanics dont like Rubio or Cruz either. Hispanics are not voting R en masse so the 12 that do will vote for the loudmouth over the frauds. At least Trump isnt selling out his race to get votes like Cruz and Rubio.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Newsradio this morning kept playing snippets of his victory speech, especially this part:

(at 4:50 mark)

He really knows his fanbase, and is certainly playing up to it. Jesus.
                      I'm not convinced this isn't a massive troll job. If he wins the nomination (or *gulp* more than that) I half expect his victory speech to include "I love the poorly educated. The American public is so stupid they though *I* was the best choice for this job. Just shows how good of a salesman I am."

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                        I'm not convinced this isn't a massive troll job. If he wins the nomination (or *gulp* more than that) I half expect his victory speech to include "I love the poorly educated. The American public is so stupid they though *I* was the best choice for this job. Just shows how good of a salesman I am."
                        c'mon.

that ain't happening.

tDj & eric & ivanka have to live of "trump this" and "trump that" for years. plus the little anchor babies. he is not doing ANYTHING to jeopardize his brand.

be a better chance of his suspending the constitution so tDj will follow him as presidente
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

There's a ceiling on stupid... somewhere.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Boston Garden.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              The only thing that'd surprise me about Trump is if numbers went down because he started giving his speeches in the original German.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                The only thing that'd surprise me about Trump is if numbers went down because he started giving his speeches in the original German.
                                Or Quebecois.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X