Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - Primary season! Duck (questions) season!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 - Primary season! Duck (questions) season!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I keep telling you. People who are mad as hell and won't take it anymore.

Trump is tapping into the undercurrent that all do not benefit by the status quo. When was the last time we had such a feeling? 1932?
    Get used to it. We are in an age when the majority of people consume information that is tailor-made to cater to their past preferences. Unless they go out of their way, they will only read what they already believe. Pair that with the confirmation bias we are all subject to, and you have a formula for an immoderate, "mad as hell" bunch of folks out there.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      He's always done that. It's never about policy, it's just about why you should vote for him because other people do. It's like a voting pyramid scheme.
      That is brilliant.

Not sure exactly where we are, Enthusiasm or Delusion, but the Blow-Off is going to be epic.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        But who are his supporters? I don't know anyone who is actively for Trump. I know people on Facebook who are actively anti-Bernie and Hillary, but not pro-anyone. Are these his supporters, people apparently too ashamed to admit it?
        I have a racist uncle that loves Maine governor Paul LePage (worst governor in the country) and Donald Trump. So these people do exist...

Comment

Where's your Trump ceiling NOW??????

He has policies. No Muslims can fly to this country. The Biggest, Baddest, Wall ever built will be built along the Mexican Border. The Republicans in the Judiciary Committee are doing exactly what he told them to do on the Supreme Court Vacancy, delay, delay, delay. Common Core is dead. Trade Deals will be epic and favor the US in all cases. He's got everything covered.

He has tons of policy.

It's interesting that the two people winning the nominations have the highest negatives. We've seen celebrity win elections at the State level before. The National level should almost be easier. Hell Reagan pulled it off.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            Unfortunately, I know lots....mostly inlaws.... ::
            Half the guys at my work are for Trump. His "telling it like it is" tripe has got them hook, line and sinker.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'd like to congratulate Rubio on another scintillating 2nd place finish! By coming within 25% of the front runner Trump, he clearly is consolidating Establishment support and is the Man To Beat.

I shouldn't enjoy Trump's success so much, but I always try to find the good in people, be it Trump, Handy, Mookie, or even Opie when he was still with us. So, what's to love about how well The Donald is doing?

1) He's destroyed the GOP as we know it.
              2) He's humiliated punditry.
              3) He's neutered Fox cable news.
              4) He's rendered Super Pac's useless.

Hey, if he wasn't a nutso racist circus clown, who knows how far he'd go?
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                How did the 2012 Nevada caucus go "poorly"? Unless Romney was truly hated by the party, he won a landslide and 20 of the 28 delegates. Ron Paul only won the two counties where prostitution is a Top 2-3 industry.
                From what I've read, it wasn't the result that was poor, it was the actual procedure that was a complete clusterf-ck. People didn't know what to do; precinct captains were elected wrong or not at all and then applied the rules wrong; counts were bungled; generally speaking the vote had the integrity of a central African nation.

Basically, take the amazingly professional and fastidious way that IA did theirs and then imagine trying to do it using chimpanzees.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  1) He's destroyed the GOP as we know it.
                  2) He's humiliated punditry.
                  3) He's neutered Fox cable news.
                  4) He's rendered Super Pac's useless.
                  It's too bad he's not a real candidate with real solid ideas and solutions. Cause that's what we really need to fix this crap. Him running a joke campaign where he does that doesn't fix or change anything. In fact, I'd argue it makes it worse.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    It's too bad he's not a real candidate with real solid ideas and solutions. Cause that's what we really need to fix this crap. Him running a joke campaign where he does that doesn't fix or change anything. In fact, I'd argue it makes it worse.
                    The whole Republican party is a joke. Why not be represented by a circus clown? Trump's stance on issues are reflective of a majority of conservative voters and a majority of GOP Congresscritters. Its finally time for this fact to dawn on everybody else, from the media to the Dems to the few remaining swing voters.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

you guys can cry all you want, but when tD and hilly are debating national security and tD blames 9/11 on bubba not killing OBL because he was too busy getting a bj from monica....
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        you guys can cry all you want, but when tD and hilly are debating national security and tD blames 9/11 on bubba not killing OBL because he was too busy getting a bj from monica....
                        You know it'll happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          She'll just say he's good at multitasking!

This is hilarious:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/col...p_donald_trump

Comment

This might have been posted already but it needs to be posted again.

20% of Trump supporters believe the slaves shouldn't have been freed.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Yup. He could be the driving force for change...all he is is confirmation that the idiots are running the asylum.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You know it'll happen.
                                mookie will go buy tivo just to replay that over and over and over hilly may jump tD and kill him!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X