• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gojackets
    replied
    Re: Project Runway!

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    Didn't the show originally have the models chosen each week by pulling out buttons? I'd swear it used to happen more than just if the winner wanted a change. Although unless your model really messes up, you are better off keeping the same one - just changing while it may be an ego boost for the one you take, she probably will still be a bit wary of your loyality and if you do it multiple times, none of them will really trust you. You want your model to modify her walk if necessary to keep your outfit from messing up, not to show herself the best even if it means that iffy seam comes loose.
    I believe the way it was done before was that the winner of the challenge had the option to keep their model or pick someone elses and then they drew names out of a hat and they picked the models from their on. Most of them kept the same model, except to f--k with other people or if their model sucked, like in the 2nd or 3rd season when they had the crazy model no one wanted.

edit: I think then that the model with the losing designer didn't get eliminated right away. If I remember right, when the designers picked their models whomever was left over was eliminated.

edit #2: is that the proper use of whomever? lol
    Last edited by gojackets; 08-25-2009, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    Didn't the show originally have the models chosen each week by pulling out buttons? I'd swear it used to happen more than just if the winner wanted a change. Although unless your model really messes up, you are better off keeping the same one - just changing while it may be an ego boost for the one you take, she probably will still be a bit wary of your loyality and if you do it multiple times, none of them will really trust you. You want your model to modify her walk if necessary to keep your outfit from messing up, not to show herself the best even if it means that iffy seam comes loose.
    I think you are right. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Didn't get to see that part. Was bummed!

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Originally posted by gojackets View Post

That Models of the Runway show looked interesting. Didn't watch it all but was interesting to see it from their perspective and how they feel about their designers.
    Caught part of it last night and I would have loved to get to go to the Grammy "Gifting Room".

Two of the guys--Christopher, the winner, and Ra'mon(sp?) are from Minnesota, one of the models was too, but I don't remember which one.
    Picking the models each week could add to gamesmanship as the show progresses.

Leave a comment:

• gojackets
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Is there anyone straight in this years batch?
    Haha....I thought the MN boy was straight when they first showed him...and then about 15 seconds later I was like...whoops jumped the gun on that one. It is kind of sad that they don't have straight men on the show and they pick the femmiest gay guys they can. I"m guessing that they don't get too many butch gay guys trying out but you would think they could find one. Or find another punk rock guy like Chris(?) that won it a few years back.

As far as the show goes. I agree that the girl with the hooded diaper had the worst dress. The purple thing was hideous tho. The other guy should have gone home just on the technicality that he did not put a wearable dress on the runway. On most of these shows, like top chef, if you don't do what the challenge asks...you go home. Not sure why an exception was made. That guys first dress was beautiful without that ugly *** neck thing.

That Models of the Runway show looked interesting. Didn't watch it all but was interesting to see it from their perspective and how they feel about their designers.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Had some interuptions at the same time I actually liked Jeffery's stuff way better this time out. Other than I thought the winner was vomit-like bad, I thought the others were all legit great stuff. I loved SweetP's leather dress and Karto's Restaurant dress.
    The best 2 looks!

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    So glad I'm not alone. Daniel V had the one excellent dress, but I liked Krto better then Sweet Pea. Chris was actually surprising. He could have won it, if he tamed his red carpet dress down. Remember he got booted then came back when somebody had to drop out. Don't think, Jeffrey should have been there since he won.

The one kicked out was a disaster and deserved to go. The dress looked like something you could make with aluminum foil.
    I'll have to look for a repeat, since my roommate came in and talked long and loud during the show and deliberations.

Do Not Disturb signs may be necessary.
    Had some interuptions at the same time I actually liked Jeffery's stuff way better this time out. Other than I thought the winner was vomit-like bad, I thought the others were all legit great stuff. I loved SweetP's leather dress and Karto's Restaurant dress.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. I watched "The Fashion Show" that ran on Bravo earlier this summer. I liked how they did it, though Kelli added nothing to the show.
    Never understood what her role was or why she was picked.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

So glad I'm not alone. Daniel V had the one excellent dress, but I liked Krto better then Sweet Pea. Chris was actually surprising. He could have won it, if he tamed his red carpet dress down. Remember he got booted then came back when somebody had to drop out. Don't think, Jeffrey should have been there since he won.

The one kicked out was a disaster and deserved to go. The dress looked like something you could make with aluminum foil.
    I'll have to look for a repeat, since my roommate came in and talked long and loud during the show and deliberations.

Do Not Disturb signs may be necessary.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Is there anyone straight in this years batch?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    Minnesota Pride mofo's!

Seriously though, easy decision for week 1.
    Yeah, 2 rodents in the contest....more to root against. He did have the best dress.

I thought they'd keep the space cadet and ditch the black chick. She didn't sketch?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Nathan
    replied

Minnesota Pride mofo's!

Seriously though, easy decision for week 1.

Oh, and Daniel V's collection in the All-Star Challenge was absolute crap. Hated it.

Korto, Chris and Sweet P were all better.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    If there's a contestant named Christopher, I used to work with him.
    He made it to the final 4 in the all stars.. The guy that won the all stars had without a doubt the uggliest clothes evah!

And in the season premiere they jettisoned the space cadet that I felt sure would be on until mid season because she was too wierd to get rid of.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

If there's a contestant named Christopher, I used to work with him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X