Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2015-16: Super Bowl and offseason

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    What a special day in Antonio Cromartie's life. It's not every day you welcome child #11 and child #12 into the world.
    Something about closing the barn door...
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

As I inferred earlier. His sperm just will not be denied.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

cross post with Genuinely Nice Planet.

Falcons new stadium to have reasonable concession prices.

Refillable pop! Water that doesn't cost more than food! Very much in contrast to what the Niners did.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          cross post with Genuinely Nice Planet.

Falcons new stadium to have reasonable concession prices.

Refillable pop! Water that doesn't cost more than food! Very much in contrast to what the Niners did.
          This is the first step in the NFL realizing they might have priced themselves out of the market...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            This is the first step in the NFL realizing they might have priced themselves out of the market...
            There are a TON of people like me that only buy concessions if absolutely necessary. So what's better? A small profit margin but way more sales, or the reverse? Add to that, good PR...I think we have a winner.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              There are a TON of people like me that only buy concessions if absolutely necessary. So what's better? A small profit margin but way more sales, or the reverse? Add to that, good PR...I think we have a winner.
              This. Tailgating covers food, I might buy a beer or 2 during game to continue my alcohol consumption, but that's really it.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                This. Tailgating covers food, I might buy a beer or 2 during game to continue my alcohol consumption, but that's really it.
                Yep. I might get a pop (sorry, SODA) during the game to wet my whistle, but won't buy a beer due to prices (and the pre-lubrication of tailgating). Food only if I'm starving.

Edit: last year, I did buy some beer, only because a buddy and I were at the Xcel bar, to watch MN, and the in-house feed of the game that was going on at the Xcel (MTU).

We watched the MTU first period, then headed up to the bar, so we could watch both. And then taught the bartender how to pour a bottled Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I like to collect souvenir cups of stadiums I've been to, so I usually get that and occasionally a hot dog. That's the extent of my concession purchases. It blows my mind when I see people drop 50+ throughout a game on three Bud Lights, a nacho plate, burger, and maybe some peanuts.

Best pop/hot dog combo so far has been Wrigley. Little ice and Chicago dogs are oh so good. Worst is Comerica. Generic hot dog and loaded with ice.
                  Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 05-18-2016, 09:28 AM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I like to collect souvenir cups of stadiums I've been to, so I usually get that and occasionally a hot dog. That's the extent of my concession purchases. It blows my mind when I see people drop 50+ throughout a game on three Bud Lights, a nacho plate, burger, and maybe some peanuts.

Best pop/hot dog combo so far has been Wrigley. Little nice and Chicago dogs are oh so good. Worst is Comerica. Generic hot dog and loaded with ice.
                    Ok, I get the souvenir cups thing. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      It's always been my theory, at least with respect to alcohol sales, that teams don't necessarily want the prices too cheap. They like it when beers are grossly overpriced if for no other reason than helping to eliminate sales.

I remember that there was a MLB team many years ago that tried some sort of promotion like "dime beers" or "quarter beers" or something, and complete madness ensued. In fact I think they ended up having to cancel the game.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if beers were $20 at games. I've had to sit next to enough drunks at sporting events to last me a lifetime.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I remember that there was a MLB team many years ago that tried some sort of promotion like "dime beers" or "quarter beers" or something, and complete madness ensued. In fact I think they ended up having to cancel the game.
                        Ten Cent Beer Night (in Cleveland, because of course it was.)
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          It's always been my theory, at least with respect to alcohol sales, that teams don't necessarily want the prices too cheap. They like it when beers are grossly overpriced if for no other reason than helping to eliminate sales.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if beers were $20 at games. I've had to sit next to enough drunks at sporting events to last me a lifetime.
                          Indians had Ten Cent Beer Night in the 70s. A fan decided to rush the field in the 9th and steal a player's hat for fun, but the Rangers thought they were trying to attack him so they rushed the field. Then other fans rushed the field. Not as memorable as the White Sox Disco night, but still good.

I wonder what it would have be today to get a result like that. Some places have dollar beer night, but no one seems to get too rowdy. It'd probably have to be a quarter or fifty cents to get a crowd riot ready.

Of course, given the videos from the upper decks every weekend in NFL stadiums, I don't think they need to sell beer at all. Fans seem to do well enough on their own in the parking lots.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Indians had Ten Cent Beer Night in the 70s. A fan decided to rush the field in the 9th and steal a player's hat for fun, but the Rangers thought they were trying to attack him so they rushed the field. Then other fans rushed the field. Not as memorable as the White Sox Disco night, but still good.

I wonder what it would have be today to get a result like that. Some places have dollar beer night, but no one seems to get too rowdy. It'd probably have to be a quarter or fifty cents to get a crowd riot ready.

Of course, given the videos from the upper decks every weekend in NFL stadiums, I don't think they need to sell beer at all. Fans seem to do well enough on their own in the parking lots.
                            Philly had a fully licensed courtroom and jail inside the stadium for the sole purpose of dealing with unruly fans.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

With stadium security cranked up to insane levels for Security Theatre (TM) and police being militarized to urban assault levels, they'd probably just shoot a few black crowd members to make an example and plant Korans on them...
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                With stadium security cranked up to insane levels for Security Theatre (TM) and police being militarized to urban assault levels, they'd probably just shoot a few black crowd members to make an example and plant Korans on them...
                                That is a poor post, or the sarcasm did not come through.

And as for cheap beer, the people who are gonna get liquored up, will do so no matter what the price (either pre-game or at stadium).

Comment

Working...
                                X