Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Saw a funny tweet that Jeff fisher has finally rebuilt the Titans
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: NFL 2015-16: Super Bowl and offseason

And the #1 pick went from 0 state tax to 13.3%. These days Jed Clampett would not move.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        And the #1 pick went from 0 state tax to 13.3%. These days Jed Clampett would not move.
        You're making a bad comparison. The Titans and the Rams are likely looking at two different positions in their draft. All the speculation around the Titans is that they need offensive line help, while the Rams need a QB. Cleveland also needs a QB, and they're number two in the draft. So then you have to look at the first QB taken going from OH to CA and the tax comparison made there. Then you'd look at the second QB taken, and compare his tax situation in OH to the tax situation in the state of the team that was likely to take him, whichever team that would've been.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Did they forget the reason that worked out so well for them with the RGIII is that they were on the OTHER side of that trade?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Didn't I see this in some movie starring Kevin Costner?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

It's funny, I just watched a short documentary on the Herschel Walker trade...
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The Rams should draft Hogan instead of Goff with the #1 pick. It makes sense to get someone who can actually win in the Coliseum.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Once again NMU is hosting Wisconsin in Green Bay to start the year... Pretty much the only reason I'm waiting for the schedule release is to see if a hotel for that series is gonna cost $150 or $450...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Once again NMU is hosting Wisconsin in Green Bay to start the year... Pretty much the only reason I'm waiting for the schedule release is to see if a hotel for that series is gonna cost $150 or $450...
                    I can't remember which day is the NMU/UW series, but here's the Pack's October schedule:

Oct 2 - Bye
                    Oct 9 - NYG (Sun, 7:30)
                    Oct 16 - Dal (Sun, 3:25)
                    Oct 20 - Chi (Thu, 7:25)
                    Oct 30 - @ Atl (Sun, 12:00)

Hopefully it's the week of the bye, because those next two weeks will not be cheap hotel weekends.

Edit: Actually, I forgot... UW vs LSU football is at Lambeau on 10/2, so you are up **** creek no matter what. Might want to book asap if you're going to go.
                    Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 04-14-2016, 10:02 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      I can't remember which day is the NMU/UW series, but here's the Pack's October schedule:

Oct 2 - Bye
                      Oct 9 - NYG (Sun, 7:30)
                      Oct 16 - Dal (Sun, 3:25)
                      Oct 20 - Chi (Thu, 7:25)
                      Oct 30 - @ Atl (Sun, 12:00)

Hopefully it's the week of the bye, because those next two weeks will not be cheap hotel weekends.

Edit: Actually, I forgot... UW vs LSU football is at Lambeau on 10/2, so you are up **** creek no matter what. Might want to book asap if you're going to go.
                      Isn't the UW game on 9/2? I thought it was a season opener.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Isn't the UW game on 9/2? I thought it was a season opener.
                        Yep. Brain fart. 9/3.

Comment

So, uh, I think Johnny Clipboard is done for quite a while, probably for good.

Coke, 'shrooms, booze everywhere...no bueno.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...32k-in-damages
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            So, uh, I think Johnny Clipboard is done for quite a while, probably for good.

Coke, 'shrooms, booze everywhere...no bueno.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...32k-in-damages
                            Seemed pretty obvious that he had no interest in playing but had no problem taking a club's money if they kept shoveling it to him. My question was: why did they?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Seemed pretty obvious that he had no interest in playing but had no problem taking a club's money if they kept shoveling it to him. My question was: why did they?
                              He has some sort of NFL talent, I'll give him that. Trouble is, his ego and self-destruction is a bigger influence on his ways.

I created a poll on Twitter, who will die first, him or Zsa Zsa. Right now it's 7-0 in favor of Johnny. His own DAD leans that way, too, in recent quotes.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                He has some sort of NFL talent, I'll give him that. Trouble is, his ego and self-destruction is a bigger influence on his ways.

I created a poll on Twitter, who will die first, him or Zsa Zsa. Right now it's 7-0 in favor of Johnny. His own DAD leans that way, too, in recent quotes.
                                He's rich without football. He has no reason* to change -- if he gets drummed out of football, he doesn't give a sh-t. As it is his football status just increases the number of women he can screw and drugs he can consume.

(* other than self-preservation, of course, but he's a young, rich, extremely stupid male-- he has absolutely no thought about anything more than a week ahead)
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X