• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJHovey
    replied
    Re: NFL 2015-16: Super Bowl and offseason

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    There are a TON of people like me that only buy concessions if absolutely necessary. So what's better? A small profit margin but way more sales, or the reverse? Add to that, good PR...I think we have a winner.
    It's always been my theory, at least with respect to alcohol sales, that teams don't necessarily want the prices too cheap. They like it when beers are grossly overpriced if for no other reason than helping to eliminate sales.

I remember that there was a MLB team many years ago that tried some sort of promotion like "dime beers" or "quarter beers" or something, and complete madness ensued. In fact I think they ended up having to cancel the game.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if beers were $20 at games. I've had to sit next to enough drunks at sporting events to last me a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I like to collect souvenir cups of stadiums I've been to, so I usually get that and occasionally a hot dog. That's the extent of my concession purchases. It blows my mind when I see people drop 50+ throughout a game on three Bud Lights, a nacho plate, burger, and maybe some peanuts.

Best pop/hot dog combo so far has been Wrigley. Little nice and Chicago dogs are oh so good. Worst is Comerica. Generic hot dog and loaded with ice.
    Ok, I get the souvenir cups thing. Makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

I like to collect souvenir cups of stadiums I've been to, so I usually get that and occasionally a hot dog. That's the extent of my concession purchases. It blows my mind when I see people drop 50+ throughout a game on three Bud Lights, a nacho plate, burger, and maybe some peanuts.

Best pop/hot dog combo so far has been Wrigley. Little ice and Chicago dogs are oh so good. Worst is Comerica. Generic hot dog and loaded with ice.
    Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 05-18-2016, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    This. Tailgating covers food, I might buy a beer or 2 during game to continue my alcohol consumption, but that's really it.
    Yep. I might get a pop (sorry, SODA) during the game to wet my whistle, but won't buy a beer due to prices (and the pre-lubrication of tailgating). Food only if I'm starving.

Edit: last year, I did buy some beer, only because a buddy and I were at the Xcel bar, to watch MN, and the in-house feed of the game that was going on at the Xcel (MTU).

We watched the MTU first period, then headed up to the bar, so we could watch both. And then taught the bartender how to pour a bottled Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    There are a TON of people like me that only buy concessions if absolutely necessary. So what's better? A small profit margin but way more sales, or the reverse? Add to that, good PR...I think we have a winner.
    This. Tailgating covers food, I might buy a beer or 2 during game to continue my alcohol consumption, but that's really it.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    This is the first step in the NFL realizing they might have priced themselves out of the market...

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    cross post with Genuinely Nice Planet.

Falcons new stadium to have reasonable concession prices.

Refillable pop! Water that doesn't cost more than food! Very much in contrast to what the Niners did.
    This is the first step in the NFL realizing they might have priced themselves out of the market...

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

cross post with Genuinely Nice Planet.

Falcons new stadium to have reasonable concession prices.

Refillable pop! Water that doesn't cost more than food! Very much in contrast to what the Niners did.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

As I inferred earlier. His sperm just will not be denied.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    What a special day in Antonio Cromartie's life. It's not every day you welcome child #11 and child #12 into the world.
    Something about closing the barn door...

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    John Kuhn reportedly not resigning with the Packers.

On one hand, makes sense. He's 34, and it was almost silly to have two FBs last year, much less moving forward. It's Ripkowski's time.

On the other hand... he was really valuable in the backfield. Not for running, of course. He was maybe as good of an option as Lacy and Starks in explicit short yardage situations, but more importantly he was really good at reading and reacting to plays. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXq8C5sbRzU
    Plus, "Ripkowskiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" just isn't going to sound the same from the crowd, even though it is Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

John Kuhn reportedly not resigning with the Packers.

On one hand, makes sense. He's 34, and it was almost silly to have two FBs last year, much less moving forward. It's Ripkowski's time.

On the other hand... he was really valuable in the backfield. Not for running, of course. He was maybe as good of an option as Lacy and Starks in explicit short yardage situations, but more importantly he was really good at reading and reacting to plays. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXq8C5sbRzU

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Ya, Cowboys will have like a 12 story hotel, medical facilities, shopping areas, etc as well. Silly.
    I was visiting our office in Plano, TX back in March and drove right by where it will be built. Huge area.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Guy makes Kevin Federline look like an amateur.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    What a special day in Antonio Cromartie's life. It's not every day you welcome child #11 and child #12 into the world.
    AP is in awe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X