NFL 2015-16: Super Bowl and offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2015-16: Super Bowl and offseason

Coldplay is incredibly generic sounding. They can go away.

Beyonce has some good songs, she can put on a good show.

Bruno took a Morris Day song and made it his own. I like the song, but he doesn't impress me with originality. Decent performance, though.

Bad show overall, but it's only because it didn't stand out. Nothing made it special.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Considering that Beyonce is from Houston, should we just assume she'll be in next year's Super Bowl show too?
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So we've gone from telling kids we're going to Disney World to getting wasted? Small

I liked Coldplay's first record a lot and still listen to it. However, they have become grown men swimming in pastels bobbing their heads to soft music as if they were instead Page and Plant. They are now dead to me.

Mars' music barely resembles The Time outside of genre - Brent you might want to listen to more of his stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Bruno took a Morris Day song and made it his own. I like the song, but he doesn't impress me with originality. Decent performance, though.
          He'll get a lot of mileage out of uptown funk, but he's written other earworms as well. He wrote **** you for cee-lo, for instance.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I liked Coldplay's first record a lot and still listen to it. However, they have become grown men swimming in pastels bobbing their heads to soft music as if they were instead Page and Plant. They are now dead to me.
            The lead singer should give that jacket back to the 12 yo girl he stole it from.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              His running back that scored is like, no way this is going to some kid, this is my Super Bowl touchdown ball.
              Newton will have to hand out Panthers Super Bowl Champs shirts to underprivileged kids instead of Super Bowl footballs to kids in the stands.

It was nice to see him shut up and finally stop talking about himself in the postgame press conference/sulking session.

Commercials: Not a ton of great ones but at least we didn't have a dead Nationwide kid commercial this year.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

A review of the SB ads.

My grades:

D Ryanville (for the song, else boring)
                C Commander (Bowie > your lousy car)
                B Walken (just for him)
                F Movin on Up (as irritating as Silicon Valley itself)
                C Key & Peele (glad they got a spot but they did nothing with it)
                C Avos (but one Scott Baio dick joke would have made this the winner)
                ? Dad-Do (didn't air in my market; looks like mawkish crap)
                B Queen (terrible concept rescued by great music)
                B Hopkins (hope they paid a lot Tony)
                B Dench (coolest grandma ever; no way she drinks that sh-t)
                C Babies (best concept of any SB ad ever, but inert and dull)
                B Pokeman (could have been better but nice Peek-A-Choo cameo)
                F Intestine (ew, yuck, gross, ew)
                ? Score More (didn't air in my market, happily)
                F Rocket Mortgage (Dr. Mrs. looked at me and said, "holy crap; they learned nothing!"
                C Manbearpigpuppymonkeybaby (gonna give the flyover states nightmares)
                B Weiner dogs (not in the write-up; obvious but still OK)
                F Not for Everybody (Bud's typical "I'm dumb and I'm proud and I drink swill" pandering to the orcs)

Did I miss the annual Go Daddy misogyny ad?

This was the worst year for ads I can remember, with not a single A.
                Last edited by Kepler; 02-08-2016, 08:04 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They missed the best one of the bunch. The Doritos ultrasound one.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

http://mashable.com/2016/02/07/chris.../#iN.LhtChamq1

Some great tweets about the halftime show:

The Make-a-Wish Foundation outdid themselves with Chris Martin. He'll never forget that.
                    "Please clap." - Chris Martin
                    A gang of screaming fans running right past Chris Martin says so much.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      They missed the best one of the bunch. The Doritos ultrasound one.
                      That Doritos ad and the Prius bank robbery were my two favorites from the game, but neither were spectacular.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Peyton Manning should have sang the Nationwide jingle when asked what he's doing after the game.

{Nationwide Jingle}

Papa John's and Budweiser...

Would have made tons more from those three places than he did for the entire game.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

mookie readin that beyonce was there to promote her new politcal activism and pay homage to the black panthers......

and here mookie thought she was just tryin to give him a boner.
                          (she CAN do it all! )
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            That Doritos ad and the Prius bank robbery were my two favorites from the game, but neither were spectacular.
                            Hated the ultrasound one, but that does remind me of the Ahnie one, which was good.

The Mike Tyson HVAC one aired locally for my market. That was the best ad all night.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Marshawn Lynch retired during the game. That's epic for him.
                              I thought I was the only one that caught his epic tweet -- green shoes hanging on a black background.
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                A review of the SB ads.

My grades:

D Ryanville (for the song, else boring)
                                C Commander (Bowie > your lousy car)
                                B Walken (just for him)
                                F Movin on Up (as irritating as Silicon Valley itself)
                                C Key & Peele (glad they got a spot but they did nothing with it)
                                C Avos (but one Scott Baio dick joke would have made this the winner)
                                ? Dad-Do (didn't air in my market; looks like mawkish crap)
                                B Queen (terrible concept rescued by great music)
                                B Hopkins (hope they paid a lot Tony)
                                B Dench Mirren (coolest grandma ever; no way she drinks that sh-t)
                                C Babies (best concept of any SB ad ever, but inert and dull)
                                B Pokeman (could have been better but nice Peek-A-Choo cameo)
                                F Intestine (ew, yuck, gross, ew)
                                ? Score More (didn't air in my market, happily)
                                F Rocket Mortgage (Dr. Mrs. looked at me and said, "holy crap; they learned nothing!"
                                C Manbearpigpuppymonkeybaby (gonna give the flyover states nightmares)
                                B Weiner dogs (not in the write-up; obvious but still OK)
                                F Not for Everybody (Bud's typical "I'm dumb and I'm proud and I drink swill" pandering to the orcs)

Did I miss the annual Go Daddy misogyny ad?

This was the worst year for ads I can remember, with not a single A.
                                FYP -- you mixed up your Dames. And she's hot in the RED movies.
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X