• Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2015-16: John Scott for MVP!

Dammit.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Welp.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Seriously, Sharks?

I don't think the Sharks are playing terribly, actually. Pittsburgh is just crushing with their forecheck, and everyone is laying out to block everything the Sharks shoot.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Seriously, Sharks?

I don't think the Sharks are playing terribly, actually. Pittsburgh is just crushing with their forecheck, and everyone is laying out to block everything the Sharks shoot.
          Yeah, Pitt is dominating the play. Just so much faster than SJ. The Tampa-Pitt series was much more even in terms of play and is starting to look like the true Finals.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I suspect that the Pens figured out that not having Fleury in net helps compared to when he invariably craps the bed and they lost in the 2nd round like the past 5 years. Pity.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Carolina to Vegas?

I'd rather they move to Quebec (or will that be the Islanders?) and expand to Vegas and (pick one other Western City).
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Carolina to Vegas?

I'd rather they move to Quebec (or will that be the Islanders?) and expand to Vegas and (pick one other Western City).
                Is the Canadian dollar the only thing holding back Quebec getting a team? They have the arena and the metro area is larger than Winnipeg. Or Bettman's unwillingness to admit failure again for another southern franchise. No reason Carolina, Florida, or Phoenix shouldn't be in Canada by now.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Is the Canadian dollar the only thing holding back Quebec getting a team?...Or Bettman's unwillingness to admit failure again for another southern franchise.
                  I'd say a bit of both. I think the league brass fervently want to go to 32 teams, and moving existing franchises to available new markets doesn't achieve that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    ...I think the league brass fervently want to go to 32 teams...
                    Does this worry anyone else as much as it does me? In terms of potential for talent dilution, I think this would be a mistake on the NHL's part. Let's face it, we all love the playoffs and NHL playoff hockey is the best sports product on the planet, IMO. However, the regular season is boring enough for the most part (until the chase for a playoff spot starts) , with a load of teams already in middling to bad position. Depleting the existing teams to fill out two additional complete rosters is going to make for some boring, mediocre hockey. I don't like it.

Comment

If they do go to 32 teams, can we have the top 4 teams in each division have their own playoff like in the olden days? None of this wildcard stuff?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                        Does this worry anyone else as much as it does me? In terms of potential for talent dilution, I think this would be a mistake on the NHL's part. Let's face it, we all love the playoffs and NHL playoff hockey is the best sports product on the planet, IMO. However, the regular season is boring enough for the most part (until the chase for a playoff spot starts) , with a load of teams already in middling to bad position. Depleting the existing teams to fill out two additional complete rosters is going to make for some boring, mediocre hockey. I don't like it.
                        What else is new?

In other gnus, the Wild have hired Scott Stevens as an asst. coach.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                        X