brianvf's 30,000th Post: Wastin Time & Lovin Every Minute of It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianvf's 30,000th Post: Wastin Time & Lovin Every Minute of It

Wow, hard to believe it’s been almost 9 years and now *shakes head*, 30k posts.
    That’s a lot of freakin posts. Well, not compared to Ralph, but still a lot.

I started posting here just because I was a UND student and really started getting more into Fighting Sioux hockey. Since I was born and raised in GF, I was technically a Sioux fan from birth, but I really remember my “extreme passion” for UND hockey starting about my sophomore year at UND. It just took off from there. I don’t remember how or why I happened upon this USCHO site and message board, but I’m glad I did. It has enabled me to meet a lot of cool people, and most importantly, waste a lot of time…even at work. If only my bosses knew. Haha!

Some of the highlights of the last 9 years, in no particular order:

• Playing outdoor hockey at Lake Agassiz Park with Sloe Gin, Wilbur, ItalianSioux, and GSH. Who knew that other posters actually played there?
    • Duluth Road trips. Driving down there with Dirty, MNS, and Joe. Nearly dying on the return trip as Joe drove 80mph down Hwy 2 in a crazy snow storm. Painted-on pants girl at the DECC. Drinking Long Island pitchers at Grandma’s with DHG and beersong. Central Park and the Edmund Fitzgerald.
    • Multiple Final Five trips. Finally meeting some decent UMN fans…Brent, Rimbaud, Scooby, Bakunin, Rabid Gopher, etc. Beer Darts in a random parking lot. Watching UND win the Broadmoor in 06 with MNS…seats on the glass!
    • Singing to shrader, which I think ultimately won his heart.
    • Frozen Four trip to Milwaukee. Sat with St Clown. I don’t think either of us wanted UW to win. I don’t think either of us wanted BC to win.
    • Meeting sagard outside of a Sioux/Gopher Final Five skate. I realized that Gopher fans can actually be cool/nice behind their arrogance.
    • WJC tourney in GF. Skated with Wayne Gretzky’s son at University Park.
    • Listening to some good music with CO14ers and kscant in STL.
    • Regional Finals in Madison in 08. Ticked with the end of the season looming down 2-0 entering the 3rd, the quick comeback with Duncan doing his post-shot, and then Kozek’s OT winner sends the thousands of red fans out the door. Giving high-fives to every Sioux fan as we left the arena.
    • Frozen Four Poster games in Milwaukee, STL, and Denver. Playing in Magness was especially cool, even if I never did get to meet Puck Swami. The Denver poster game had the infamous “shrader getting hacked” incident.
    • MEggie. From the first time I met her at the F5 (tricked her into thinking I wasn’t a poster at all) to the AIM sessions and her dry humping my leg at one of the posters games…truly a love that will blossom…one day. One of the most passionate college hockey fans that I’ve ever met.
    • Frozen Four trip to STL. Driving down with con1977 and MNS. Stayed at the same hotel as the Sioux…rode up the elevator with Lammy about 3 hours before game time. INCH party. Duncan wins the Hobey.
    • Frozen Four trip to Denver. Drove down with the wife and dog in a nice snow storm. Stayed at a cool rental house. The Sioux played like crap.
    • Marriage proposals to Quizmire.
    • Having MEggie repeatedly guess what the “vf” in brianvf stands for…incorrectly.
    • Starting a conversation with a now-former UND player in class after I saw him checking out the USCHO message boards. He laughed after I told him that I was brianvf and then he told me that I was “one of the few decent posters” on this site. Haha, in your face fellow posters!
    • Having classes with Karl Goehring and Jeff Panzer and realizing that the Height measurements for the player profiles must be done with the skates on.
    • My ever-changing list of hotties in my sig...the only constant is the chocolate milk.

There’s way more things that I just can’t recall now…
    In the end, I’m just really glad that I happened upon this site all those years ago. Aside from the trolls like Dirty and Jockstock, this place is full of great people/posters.

Here’s to the next 30k posts…

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Re: brianvf's 30,000th Post: Wastin Time & Lovin Every Minute of It

*clink* here's to you!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Congrats! (SFW)
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You're a pr^ck.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

What can I say after Dirty? nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            You're a pr^ck.
            Haha.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Well I am slightly below 10% of you. Guess I have to find more free time or do less work. Decisions, decisions.....
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                What can I say after Dirty? nothing
                I would have figured you to commenting on the chocolate milk part...or have you switched to margaritas?
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I will never catch up to you.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    • Frozen Four trip to Milwaukee. Sat with St Clown. I don’t think either of us wanted UW to win. I don’t think either of us wanted BC to win.
                    I would like to have been sober for a period, yes.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Lots of highlights! USCHO makes it possible for those of us that don't live anywhere near hockey to keep up with the college hockey world. I can't remember how I heard about it, but I'm glad I did!
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Congrats. We will meet someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          I will never catch up to you.
                          I bet you will!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I would like to have been sober for a period, yes.
                          It made the game easier to watch.

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                          Congrats. We will meet someday.
                          I'll hold you to that!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Thanks for the mention.

Dick.
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

How do you have time to get on the bike and ride - do you post from the road?

Comment

Working...
                              X