2nd Term Part XI; Year 8, Part 1... Electioneering and Lame Ducking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd Term Part XI; Year 8, Part 1... Electioneering and Lame Ducking

Can we please stop referring to her as former Minnesota anything?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Heh. This dope's still out there.
      Good Lord she's effing crazy.

Comment

These things are fun to read.

Working Backwards Obama -> Hoover -> Andrew Johnson -> John Adams
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          These things are fun to read.

Working Backwards Obama -> Hoover -> Andrew Johnson -> John Adams
          Also, two of John Tyler's grandsons are still alive (or at least were a couple of years ago). And I believe a couple of Civil War widows are still around (or, again, at least were a couple of years ago).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Also, two of John Tyler's grandsons are still alive (or at least were a couple of years ago). And I believe a couple of Civil War widows are still around (or, again, at least were a couple of years ago).
            Wouldn't a Civil War widow have to be at least 167 years old or so, assuming a young marriage age of 14 or 15?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Wouldn't a Civil War widow have to be at least 167 years old or so, assuming a young marriage age of 14 or 15?
              May - December romance. Some sweet young thing marries 80 something Civil War vet.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                May - December romance. Some sweet young thing marries 80 something Civil War vet.
                It apparently happened a bunch during the Depression. The very old vets were getting a pension, so you marry your daughter to one figuring it at least guarantees them some income.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Protestors, I don't know for which cause, illegally blocked the northbound 35W exit ramps into downtown Minneapolis this morning. It caused my commute to come to a complete stop for more than 30 minutes, thus causing me to be late to the office.

Employed Lives Matter!
                  Commuter Lives Matter!

(Actually, it's not yet been announced who the protestors were, so this is based upon past actions around here.)
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Protestors, I don't know for which cause, illegally blocked the northbound 35W exit ramps into downtown Minneapolis this morning. It caused my commute to come to a complete stop for more than 30 minutes, thus causing me to be late to the office.

Employed Lives Matter!
                    Commuter Lives Matter!

(Actually, it's not yet been announced who the protestors were, so this is based upon past actions around here.)
                    It was a group that wants the minimum wage raised.

Edit: I guess the group was specifically supporting janitors.
                    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 02-18-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Employed Lives Matter!
                      Commuter Lives Matter!

Today in wacky Madison it's Latinos protesting State gvt. action restricting 'undocumented immigrants' settling in WI. They are walking out of restaurants and multiple restaurants have closed for the day in support. No Fast Food in Madison today!!
                      Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        It was a group that wants the minimum wage raised.

Edit: I guess the group was specifically supporting janitors.
                        Then that's probably the SEIU janitorial protest that was supposed to take place outside my office building this afternoon - and licensed only to use the sidewalks to surround the building. Looks like they shot their wad a bit earlier than scheduled and created quite a few unimpressed people who may have otherwise been sympathetic to their cause. I'm cutting a whizz on the restroom floor today.

Janitorial Lives Matter (but only to the sum of $7.25/hour).

Comment

Then that's probably the SEIU janitorial protest that was supposed to take place outside my office building this afternoon - and licensed only to use the sidewalks to surround the building. Looks like they shot their wad a bit earlier than scheduled and created quite a few unimpressed people who may have otherwise been sympathetic to their cause. I'm cutting a whizz on the restroom floor today.

Janitorial Lives Matter (but only to the sum of $7.25/hour).
                          Leave a note: "Sorry, was late for my morning meeting; didn't have time to aim."

Comment

I'm cutting a whizz on the restroom floor today.
                            Pretty sure that's still just called "Thursday" for most janitors.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5OrcxwFUA
                              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                              Groucho Marx
                              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                              Ron White
                              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                              Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                                Today in wacky Madison it's Latinos protesting State gvt. action restricting 'undocumented immigrants' settling in WI. They are walking out of restaurants and multiple restaurants have closed for the day in support. No Fast Food in Madison today!!
                                Not even @ Chick Fil A? Or were they banned by the progressives?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X