Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: When I win the lottery....

Shaq was spending $875K per MONTH.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

If no winner(s) tonight, we're looking at $2 billion. At some point, this gets ridiculous.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Shaq was spending $875K per MONTH.
        1500 a month on cable TV? Over $3000 a month on phones? Over 30,000 a month on homeowners insurance. Insurance on my home valued at 420K is $500/yr. How is that even possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          I hope you would at least fly first class...

Actually, you should be flying private jet (and you don't need to own one). It sounds like you'll have plenty of money to do so, and you can avoid all the hassles of commercial airports, the TSA not the least of which.
          Only rich a-holes fly private

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            1500 a month on cable TV? Over $3000 a month on phones? Over 30,000 a month on homeowners insurance. Insurance on my home valued at 420K is $500/yr. How is that even possible?
            Pool, basketball court, large garage, kids, large land area. Yeah I could see it.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Pool, basketball court, large garage, kids, large land area. Yeah I could see it.
              Yep, I can see some things being expensive to insure. I don't have a pool but I would expect that to be high for all the little numbnuts who sneak in and drown themselves.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                Only rich a-holes fly private
                That's your problem. You're thinking like a poor person.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  If no winner(s) tonight, we're looking at $2 billion. At some point, this gets ridiculous.
                  538 is putting the likelihood of at least one winning ticket tonight at anywhere between 85-98 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Like it hasn't already?!
                    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-13-2016, 04:01 PM.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Only tickets I have for this go around are work pools. My office got 21 people to throw in $2, and my wife's office of 7 people threw in $4 each. So I've got a 35/292,000,000, or .00000119% chance of winning a share of the jackpot.

I'm gonna be rich tomorrow.
                      sorry, but I have 106 chances to win, so I'M going to be rich tomorrow (21 people at work, $10 each, plus my monthly ticket), plus my mommy said I could quit my job if she won. So that's sort of 102.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                        sorry, but I have 106 chances to win, so I'M going to be rich tomorrow (21 people at work, $10 each, plus my monthly ticket), plus my mommy said I could quit my job if she won. So that's sort of 102.
                        Hey. You can quit your job any day you want. This isn't Russia. (aside) This isn't Russia, Danny, is it?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          I don't actually want to be rich, I just want to have the money to get out and experience the world without having to waste my time working
                          This is more or less what I feel like. I don't play any of these unless they're at least 8 figures because if the odds are 1 in 262 million and I hit it, I sure don't want to have to work again. I want to be able to say "Wow, it's cold here, let's go to the Bahamas." And then just go. Or, the Patriots made the playoffs - I'll by club seats on Stub Hub. And hire a car service to drive me there and back.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            That WHOOSH sound you heard was us sailing right past that point a week or two ago.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Hey. You can quit your job any day you want. This isn't Russia. (aside) This isn't Russia, Danny, is it?
                              Well, I would also like to keep getting paid. They wouldn't really agree to that. I tried.

p.s. I don't hate my job. I like my job, as far as being required to spend time somewhere 40+ hours a week goes. It's the whole "being required to spend time somewhere 40+ hours a week" that bothers me.

p.p.s. in Russia, job quits you.
                              Last edited by jen; 01-13-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I could see $30K a year vs my $500. I'm just not buying that that was an accurate monthly budget.
                                Last edited by BassAle; 01-13-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X