X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, we know you worship guns and make excuses for them in our society
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Rep Dingell: let's take guns out of domestic abusers' hands.

https://gandernewsroom.com/2023/02/1...my-family-did/

and having worked with DV/SA survivors, can confirm that law enforcement is useless when it comes to enforcing orders where the abuser is no longer allowed to have a gun.
      Last edited by MissThundercat; 02-22-2023, 10:25 AM.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Rep Dingell: let's take guns out of domestic abusers' hands.

https://gandernewsroom.com/2023/02/1...my-family-did/

and having worked with DV/SA survivors, can confirm that law enforcement is useless when it comes to enforcing orders where the abuser is no longer allowed to have a gun.
        Didn't SCOTUS just specifically rule the right to murder your family is more fundamental than the privilege of not bring murdered by your abusive husband, and there's nothing anybody can do about it, because it's right there in the Bible?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• According to this specimen, the AR-15 should be the national gun of America.

https://www.al.com/politics/2023/02/...f-america.html

I get the feeling Republicans would designate an AR-15 as the Great Seal. And put assault rifles on our money instead of dead presidents.

Comment

• Active shooter situation going on today at a high school in Boulder, CO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Active shooter situation going on today at a high school in Boulder, CO.
              I thought it was a false call or, rather, several?
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I thought it was a false call or, rather, several?
                From what I am hearing it was. And yes a cross several states. High school where I live in Idaho got one too.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Stewartmoore/sta...fYjKZNoXA&s=19

Breaking news: A 20 year old woman, a News 13 employee, and a 9yo have all been shot and killed in Orlando's Pine Hills neighborhood. Mother of the 9yo and a second news 13 employee are in hospital fighting for their lives
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sher-rcna71902

My god what a story that is
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• A 15 year old was fatally stabbed at Harding high school in St. Paul last week.

at his funeral today, three people were shot including children

Comment

• I have no idea why people keep going on Jon Stewart’s shows. When’s the last time it ended well for them? At least with Borat and the other SBC characters there’s a disguise. There’s 20 years of tape on what happens when you try to battle Stewart.

https://twitter.com/theproblem/statu...wZFJ8zBRgGpPbw
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          I have no idea why people keep going on Jon Stewart’s shows. When’s the last time it ended well for them? At least with Borat and the other SBC characters there’s a disguise. There’s 20 years of tape on what happens when you try to battle Stewart.

You try to put the bull5h!t past Jon Stewart and he simply grabs it and forces it right down your throat. That was a superb takedown. I don't think he could have done any better if it was scripted like that.

MAGA, GQP, republicans, whatever you wanna call them, they WANT this, people. They want mass shootings. They want people to go into a school and kill a dozen kids. They WANT THIS. If they didn't they too would be calling for the same reasonable things 99% of democrats are willing to do. They are evil. They are a cancer on civilization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            I have no idea why people keep going on Jon Stewart’s shows. When’s the last time it ended well for them? At least with Borat and the other SBC characters there’s a disguise. There’s 20 years of tape on what happens when you try to battle Stewart.

Jon Stewart owns that clown. Jon Stewart took him out to the woodshed and beat him senseless.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• The amazing thing is these people walk away from these interactions thinking they won. They are that stupid.

I read something interesting today which I think helps explain the mental and moral decline of the Right over the last half century. It's from Karl Popper's Open Society and its Enemies, volume 2. He's talking about the early 20th century Neo-Thomist revival of anti-democratic authoritarianism and the fetishizing of the totalitarian church control of people's lives during the Medieval period. He cites as evidence that it was actually inhumane and terrible for human flourishing, rather than some golden age of unity, the epidemics of "St. Vitus' dance," which was a frenzied dancing mania that became common during that time. He sees it as the only coping mechanism left for a population that is at once oppressed and humiliated but which at the same time, due to its authoritarian ideology, has literally no hope or means of bettering itself:

(T)he dancing manias present none of the characteristics of which we associate with epidemic infectious diseases of the nervous system. They seem, rather, like mass hysteria, brought on by terror and despair, in populations oppressed, famished, and wretched to a degree almost unimaginable today. To the miseries of constant war, political and social disintegration, there was added the dreadful affliction of inescapable, mysterious, and deadly disease. Mankind stood helpless as though trapped in a world of terror and peril against which there was no defense. God and the devil were living conceptions to the men of those days who cowered under the afflictions they believed imposed by supernatural forces. For those who broke down under the strain there was no road of escape except to the inward refuge of mental derangement
                              Maybe that is what happened to the Right. A population already mentally and morally weak, of slavish devotion to the very forces which have ruined the lives of their families for generations, would either have to accept responsibility and face their culpability for destroying not just their but their children's futures, but paradoxically also without the tools or capacity of critical thought that would provide a way out. Their last resort is flight into the collective hallucination of the Echo Chamber's alternate reality. And any intrusion by actual reality is met with hatred and violence.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 03-03-2023, 03:53 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Just watched Stewart’s gun episode. Lol

too bad our village idiots are too stupid to understand what he’s saying

Comment

Working...
                                X