This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

It was on the ballot in Maine in 2016 and didn’t pass.
    Two things, based on your "definition"- that should not have even been on the ballot. So pull your head out of your rear end on what you think democracy is.

Second- on a national level, a majority of people support gun control.

You still don't get it that guns ONLY design criteria is their ability to kill whatever you are shooting at. And the fact that you so easily accept kids dying for your sick fascination with such deadly things is sick. Can you look the parents of dead kids in their eyes and tell them that you want your guns over their lives? Because that's where we are now.

We've made negative progress in the killing of people with your favorite toy. And you just keep thinking that it's better that you have your toys over their lives.

Comment

Not sure if this is real or not but apparently the headline for a story on NYT’s website was ‘The mass shooting places Michigan St back in an uncomfortable national spotlight.’
      You should feel proud that the shooter was able to get a gun and put MSU back into the negative spot light. It's exactly what you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
        Second- on a national level, a majority of people support gun control.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Because we don't like making ourselves uncomfortable.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

FWIW, I looked it up, and it's a pretty tight majority- gallup says 54% and that is down from 2019. I'm betting some of the right think it's an appropriate way to get rid of the people they hate.

Comment

FWIW, I looked it up, and it's a pretty tight majority- gallup says 54% and that is down from 2019. I'm betting some of the right think it's an appropriate way to get rid of the people they hate.
              To the contrary, I think it's some the left recognizing that:

1. Any gun control in America is a pipe dream, particularly with SCOTUS now packed for the foreseeable future
              2. Jan 6th proved that a substantial number of the "#UltraMAGA" crowd are willing to commit acts of violence to get their way
              3. If we can't regulate guns, then the next best option may be to arm ourselves in self-defense, just in case

Comment

To the contrary, I think it's some the left recognizing that:

1. Any gun control in America is a pipe dream, particularly with SCOTUS now packed for the foreseeable future
                2. Jan 6th proved that a substantial number of the "#UltraMAGA" crowd are willing to commit acts of violence to get their way
                3. If we can't regulate guns, then the next best option may be to arm ourselves in self-defense, just in case
                I see your point, but at the same time, how many human sacrifices do we need? People should be getting tired of being the laughing stock of the entire world in terms of gun violence.

And as thing emerge, there's some mental questions for the shooter, so with all of the previous talk about mental health for guns- when will the gun lobby come up with a workable solution to that? As it stands, it's just "shooter was troubled, but we didn't expect a shooting like that" and we just go on. Heck, we even have parent's buy guns for their troubled kids.

People are getting tired of watching kids die. Well, everyone but drew and his people.

Comment

I see your point, but at the same time, how many human sacrifices do we need? People should be getting tired of being the laughing stock of the entire world in terms of gun violence.

And as thing emerge, there's some mental questions for the shooter, so with all of the previous talk about mental health for guns- when will the gun lobby come up with a workable solution to that? As it stands, it's just "shooter was troubled, but we didn't expect a shooting like that" and we just go on. Heck, we even have parent's buy guns for their troubled kids.

People are getting tired of watching kids die. Well, everyone but drew and his people.
                  Like the tweet posted earlier today said, Sandy Hook was when it was decided there would be no change.

20+ children slaughtered and the response from half the country was that the president faked his tears and a portion of that group claimed it didn't even happen.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

If you think guns are bad wait until you find out about fentanyl.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

If you think guns are bad wait until you find out about fentanyl.
                      Fun fact, Fentanyl is illegal in the US.

And remind me when it was used as a mass murder weapon.

But I will also point out that fentanyl isn't designed specifically to kill whatever it's shooting at, unlike guns.

Comment

• Fentanyl? I’ve heard of it. I work on a unit where half of the teenage children I’m taking care of have died overdosing on fentanyl. Some, more than once. Without Narcan, they’re six feet under. It’s currently deadlier than guns. I’m not sure on what planet it’s impossible to simultaneously fight the opioid epidemic and gun epidemic together, but your trolling suggests it’s this one. That’s too bad.

Comment

Fun fact, Fentanyl is illegal in the US.

And remind me when it was used as a mass murder weapon.

But I will also point out that fentanyl isn't designed specifically to kill whatever it's shooting at, unlike guns.
                          Last year in Maine there were 30 homicides with around half by firearm and over 500 fentanyl deaths. Which one do you hear more about? And the scale of destruction isn’t even close.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Well then we should be sure to do nothing about either, then.

What a stupid point. "We can't do anything about this horrible thing because we aren't doing enough about this other, arguably worse thing".
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• "No law is 100% effective therefore there should be no laws!!"
                              -some dumbass

Comment

Last year in Maine there were 30 homicides with around half by firearm and over 500 fentanyl deaths. Which one do you hear more about? And the scale of destruction isn’t even close.
                                Does anyone ever tell you you have good thoughts and ideas?
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X