This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

He's absolutely right. And it's going to get uglier first.
    But do we actually think it will matter?

Sandy Hook was the moment I stopped believing we could ever change this without it being part of a huge and enduring blue wave -- as in super majorities for a decade. If a school full of rich white children can be mowed down with nothing changing, then I don't believe we can ever have intelligent legislation without the Right having its spine snapped.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Sandy Hook was the moment I stopped believing we could ever change this without it being part of a huge and enduring blue wave -- as in super majorities for a decade. If a school full of rich white children can be mowed down with nothing changing, then I don't believe we can ever have intelligent legislation without the Right having its spine snapped.
      We’ve lost a million plus people from Covid and a lot of Americans still don’t care about doing much to prevent the spread.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Well that is cause it never happened duh!! #thetruthisoutthere
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He's right and it doesn't matter. We're not banning anything so we don't have to worry about the ammosexuals beginning to use even more powerful weapons to look cool. Sandy Hook was where I too finally knew there was never anything that is going to be done to prevent mass shootings, at least as far as from a gun-control direction.

We are a sick, ****ed up society and sick, ****ed up people are teaching their kids to be sick and ****ed up. These mass shootings are never going away. Period. Unless and until we have a true revolution in this country anyway. Just like there is nothing trump could do to turn off a critical mass of his supporters, there is no mass shooting out there that will change things in a positive direction in this country. I mean even after Sandy Hook people thought that the Vegas shooter, who killed 50 people and wounded nearly 500 others (some were shot, some were hurt in the stampede to find shelter, the shooter was responsible for all of it) would lead to some changes. I never thought for a minute it would.

There is no political courage to speak the only political truth that matters. Democrats need to call out the real reason things won't change and most are unwilling to do so. Biden doesn't need to go to Buffalo and be the consoler-in-chief. He needs to make a national address to the American people and tell them, point blank to use an appropriate phrase, that if they want this to change, they need to elect an overwhelming number of democrats. Because then it might change enough and probably would change a little for the better. And then all of the other elected democrats need to do the same thing. Because as long as there are enough republicans to block anything, nothing will change.

At some point we will see someone pull off a mass killing that will be almost unimaginable. I mean someone shooting 10 strangers dead SHOULD be unimaginable but it clearly is not, because it happens every month or so it seems. But some day someone is going to figure out how to shoot 100 people dead. Or 200. Or 500, before either eating their gun or getting shot by someone else. And I will bet the rent even then that nothing will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            We are a sick, ****ed up society and sick, ****ed up people are teaching their kids to be sick and ****ed up.
            Not "we." There is a cancer in this country, but it isn't us. We have to cut it out.

The great sin of liberalism is the knee-jerk need to turn all criticism back onto the self or the country or the species. But this a clear instance of a threat to good people by bad people. You don't blame the rape victim for the rape (unless you're a Republican).

We need to turn our backs on that well-meaning but castrating desperate need to search for the beam in our own eye, this once. There's a drunk in a car coming right for us -- shoot the drunk, don't wail about The Human Condition.

End the Right. Save the world.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-16-2022, 03:58 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not "we." There is a cancer in this country, but it isn't us. We have to cut it out.

The great sin of liberalism is the knee-jerk need to turn all criticism back onto the self or the country or the species. But this a clear instance of a threat to good people by bad people. You don't blame the rape victim for the rape (unless you're a Republican).

We need to turn our backs on that well-meaning but castrating desperate need to search for the beam in our own eye, this once. There's a drunk in a car coming right for us -- shoot the drunk, don't wail about The Human Condition.

End the Right. Save the world.

Fine, it isn't the entirety of the country. But however big the "we" is, it needs to be put down like a rabid dog. Believe me, I am not blaming myself for the mess our country is in. I'm not voting to deny anyone's humanity or voting to limit anyone else's right to vote or control their own bodies. But the solution is not going to happen politically because the political leadership is not allowing it. You say we need to shoot the drunk, but you don't really mean it Kep. That's the main difference between us.

Comment

• This is really going to be awkward one day when the FBI contacts us and asks how we missed the red flags.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  This is really going to be awkward one day when the FBI contacts us and asks how we missed the red flags.
                  Agreed. When someone's waiting years for a manila envelope while hording his guns in case of a horde of zombie meth addicts, you know they're not fully operational.

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

Agreed. When someone's waiting years for a manila envelope while hording his guns in case of a horde of zombie meth addicts, you know they're not fully operational.
                    I obviously missed something earlier in this thread, but I definitely have to go back and look for it.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I obviously missed something earlier in this thread, but I definitely have to go back and look for it.
                      That is a lot of things Sicatoka has said over the years. He also thinks EMPs are going to destroy our power grid.

I used to know a trucker that said stuff like that. He also believed the government was hiding Bigfoot because they were breeding a new super army.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That is a lot of things Sicatoka has said over the years. He also thinks EMPs are going to destroy our power grid.

I used to know a trucker that said stuff like that. He also believed the government was hiding Bigfoot because they were breeding a new super army.
                        Pretty sure Sic also said he was an avid listener of Art Bell...

.... which explains a lot....
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Ah, ok. I guess I'm sorry I missed that one. It sounds.... strange.

Comment

• pew! pew! pew!

Comment

• Laura and Tucker your Fox primetime lineup want us all to believe that the Buffalo Shooter and Republicans have zero to do with eachother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZCS3xw-rbU
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm6iy3l2GyA

The Lincoln Project and Scooby say not so fast.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Pretty sure Sic also said he was an avid listener of Art Bell...

.... which explains a lot....
                                To be fair

Art Bell and those kinds of shows can be entertaining as hell as long as you know it's all a bunch of incel basement dwellers coked out of their minds.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X