X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

RaceBoarder did already.
    Uh, no. He pointed out reasons for an semi-auto shotgun. Which isn't an AR-15.

Being a gun person, I would have expected you would know and understand that.

Comment

Pick your favorite news source:
      https://www.google.com/search?q=meth...4dUDCA4&uact=5

Here's a sample: " ... girl in Cruthersville, Indiana, who'd inadvertently found a neighbor's meth lab and was subsequently beaten to death."
      If only that fourth grader had been armed before being kidnapped...

Comment

I renewed my ND issued CC Class 1 permit (classroom, on-range) about six months ago for another five year term.

All the information is with ND BCI and they maintain a 24 hour hotline for (national) law enforcement to immediately verify my permit status.

If I change address, or have certain other status changes (e.g. name change, etc), I must inform BCI and if I don't I'll lose my permit and face other charges.

Learn more here: https://attorneygeneral.nd.gov/publi...apons-licenses

Having posited that, Mich, I pose a challenge to you:
        Go to a local outfitter and purchase a firearm. (I'm not saying you have to complete the purchase, but go to the point of swiping the credit card.) Fill out the forms, wait for the NICS background to clear, live the system.
        permit or guns? Seems like you should have all of your guns registered, too. Prevent shooter fraud and all. And maybe in ND, the rules are tough enough to prevent mass shootings- even though your lazy sheriff is telling you that you are on your own and they are incapable of enforcing the real law.

And I'll pass on your challenge. Apparently it's so easy to get weapons that they can be used as intended- murder a lot of people at once. If it's easy enough for that, it's too easy.
        Last edited by MichVandal; 05-27-2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          I've never opposed waiting periods or background checks before you purchase a gun. However, as I've written numerous times before on this board, those measures are not going to have any impact on the types of events like that in San Jose. Of the various mass shootings that we've all read about over the last decade or two, how many of them have been committed by convicted felons or people who would have been flagged by a background check? None come to mind that I can think of. In pretty much every instance the shooter has been someone who looks and acts just like you and me. They live in a middle class home, possibly have a family, are a student, hold a job, etc...

The vast majority of these shooters are white and male, and they have found themselves at one of two significant crossroads that all of the rest of us men have (or will have) gone through. That point between maybe the ages of 16 and 25, or in middle age (late 30's to early 50's). Those can be difficult times. They can be times where you experience loss or frustration with your place in the world, with problems or difficulties with the opposite sex, work or career questions, etc...

Some men push through. Some have affairs or buy an unnecessary car. Some go completely over the edge and shoot up their school or their place of employment or whatever.

I don't know the answer, but it certainly lies somewhere in figuring out the psychology of those points in men's lives, identifying those who may be struggling to get through them, and addressing the problem before it gets out of control.
          And yet hundreds of millions of men in these age groups aren't able to easily get guns to murder innocent people. That's why this is only a problem in the US.

If the option to easily buy weapons to murder people is removed, the number of people murdered goes down.

Comment

• Has banning something commonly available before the ban worked in this country?
            Asking for the 18th and 21st Amendments.

(Before you say it, 3D printing is to firearms as the home still was/is to alcohol.)

Stiffen the punishments for illegal possession or use, and improper handling and storage, and set stronger permitting requirements.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Sounds great! Really, it does. As for your meth story, I’m not sure who got killed? Was it the meth heads, or the homeowner? Did they have guns too? I’m sure they were surprised when they went to steal the TV that the homeowner was home. I’m not saying the homeowner didn’t have the right to “defend his castle”, but I’m not sure your story has the impact you think it does...
              I hope you never wake up in the middle of the night with meth heads pillaging your bedroom and home. It's thrashed his feeling of safety in his own home.

My friend panicked and couldn't get his vault* open; fortunately, the meths were more scared and ran. He got lucky; they could've panicked towards him.

*Vault, as in secured firearm because there can be kids in the house. Now he opens it when he goes to bed which I'm not sure I agree with either. I told him to get one that opens via fingerprint, not PIN number.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

But it isn't going to happen. Me saying that it isn't going to happen is not a statement that I oppose it. It's a statement of fact. It isn't going to happen. The political will to enact such a ban, and to further eliminate the 2nd Amendment in order to do so, simply doesn't exist in sufficient numbers in this country.
                I could see it leading to an "amicable divorce" between the several States. (The coasts don't want flyover anyway.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Uh, no. He pointed out reasons for an semi-auto shotgun. Which isn't an AR-15.

Being a gun person, I would have expected you would know and understand that.
                  There are deer hunting rifles of traditional form with a magazine and semi-automatic function just as the AR platform.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Has banning something commonly available before the ban worked in this country?
                    Asking for the 18th and 21st Amendments.

(Before you say it, 3D printing is to firearms as the home still was/is to alcohol.)

Stiffen the punishments for illegal possession or use, and improper handling and storage, and set stronger permitting requirements.
                    We all know there won't be a ban on guns, so your first two statements are pointless.

Why not follow what other countries do? Psychological evaluation first, application for weapons permit while demonstrating a need for the weapon, personal liability insurance of minimum $1M, proven training with the type of weapon being purchased, smaller magazine capacity, and yearly updates of permit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                      And I'll pass on your challenge. Apparently it's so easy ...
                      If it's so easy, prove it and report back, like this fellow.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                        Why not follow what other countries do? Psychological evaluation first, application for weapons permit while demonstrating a need for the weapon, personal liability insurance of minimum $1M, proven training with the type of weapon being purchased, smaller magazine capacity, and yearly updates of permit.
                        Which country is that?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I hope you never wake up in the middle of the night with meth heads pillaging your bedroom and home. It's thrashed his feeling of safety in his own home.
                          I never knew until today how lucky I am to have never had my house broken into by these incredible numbers of meth heads accidentally going into the wrong home.

Certainly, that's a much bigger national crisis than the daily mass murders from guns than any of us realized.

Comment

Which country is that?
                            Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                              I never knew until today how lucky I am to have never had my house broken into by these incredible numbers of meth heads accidentally going into the wrong home.
                              You make light of it.
                              It's easy to do when you're 90-180 seconds from law enforcement being on scene to deal with issues for you.

Some folks live where it's 90 minutes.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I have posted multiple times the only way to reduce or eliminate the mass shootings is basically a complete ban on guns. I have also repeatedly posted "knock yourself out." I won't stand in your way or oppose you.

But it isn't going to happen. Me saying that it isn't going to happen is not a statement that I oppose it. It's a statement of fact. It isn't going to happen. The political will to enact such a ban, and to further eliminate the 2nd Amendment in order to do so, simply doesn't exist in sufficient numbers in this country.

You want to blame me for that, go ahead. But all that does is demonstrate your ignorance of the subject.
                                Bless your heart. I KNOW there isn’t political feasibility. I KNOW it’s not going to happen. ****ing A, man.
                                You “don’t know what the solution is”, but you think it has to do with white men’s mid-life angst? But wait, no, you agree the problem would go away if we banned guns? Yeah, sure, okay. You sir, are the problem, and the ignorant one.
                                Take your pretentious, pathetic “white man angst” solution somewhere that others will not laugh at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X