X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Some wag said on the ATF web site:

"So, say I am a Federal Agency and sell a bunch of guns to Mexican cartels, do I needs a federal firearms license?"
    You'd have to ask the Bush administration, which started that program.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/0...home-invasion/

Comment

I like how they call it a life and death situation. Which it wasn't necessarily, but makes for a good story for the true believers.

Also, his parents should be jailed for not locking up their guns.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          I like how they call it a life and death situation. Which it wasn't necessarily, but makes for a good story for the true believers.

So you think the kid should have been completely defenceless and possibly died?

Comment

Remember my comment about irresponsible gun owners?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The home invaders were armed. Would they have given the kid milk and cookies and told him, "Lad, proceedest to thine kitchen table whilest we robbest thine fine abode? Scurry along, chap."

And you assume the firearm wasn't locked up. A mature 13 year old with training can properly handle a firearm, and that includes knowing the combination to the vault. And if you can assume, please allow me: I'd say the kid had training. He was last man standing in a fire fight.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Remember my comment about irresponsible gun owners?
                Again, you assume the firearm wasn't secured. I knew the combination to my father's vault at that age. (I also knew that if I used the combination I'd better have a reason irrefutable in my father's mind.)
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-07-2016, 08:23 AM.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The whole story is assumptions.

Just because there was a positive outcome for this 13 year old with a gun doesn't mean that is the right solution for this situation every time.

It was not life and death until that kid fired a gun. Prior to that no one can predict motive or outcome.

Criminals could have run off hearing people in the home. They could have used the gun as deterrent to make anyone home cooperate. They could have come to shoot anyone that was there without reason. No one knows.

Finally, yes he should not have had access to a gun. Responsible or not.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

My kids took hunter safety in 6th grade and used guns thereafter. I suppose I belong in jail too.
                    (this is symptomatic of the problem you get when people are advocating policies on things they don't have the first clue about in the real world: Scary teenager with a scary gun? PRISON FOR ALL)
                    edit: read the "news story"; the rhetoric is hilarious, and reads like NRA propaganda, starting with "two hardened criminals." I would have shot them too, and hope my kids would, but I don't necessarily believe this incident is reported accurately.
                    Last edited by geezer; 01-07-2016, 08:34 AM.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      My kids took hunter safety in 6th grade and used guns thereafter. I suppose I belong in jail too.
                      (this is symptomatic of the problem you get when people are advocating policies on things they don't have the first clue about in the real world: Scary teenager with a scary gun? PRISON FOR ALL)
                      Take all the safety courses you want as a kid. You are still a kid. I get why a HS age kid would be a hunter or taking gun training, but not 13.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Take all the safety courses you want as a kid. You are still a kid. I get why a HS age kid would be a hunter or taking gun training, but not 13.
                        Sure am glad my father has gone to eternal rest, otherwise, JF_Gophers would be sending dad to the big house for teaching firearms safety and letting his (age 11) son fire a .22 caliber rifle. (I didn't get to fire any handguns until 13.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Free gun for all at 18. Mandatory gun safety course in Elementary, Junior, and High Schools. Mental State irrelevant. Your responsible for your own protection.

Done.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Sure am glad my father has gone to eternal rest, otherwise, JF_Gophers would be sending dad to the big house for teaching firearms safety and letting his (age 11) son fire a .22 caliber rifle. (I didn't get to fire any handguns until 13.)
                            I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Michigan.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Free gun for all at 18. Mandatory gun safety course in Elementary, Junior, and High Schools. Mental State irrelevant. Your responsible for your own protection.

Done.
                              Nice. Add a bounty policy and we can take care of terrorists, drug dealers, and illegally married gays.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Nice. Add a bounty policy and we can take care of terrorists, drug dealers, and illegally married gays.
                                and any other people we deem to be not like us.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X