Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When they point left....

A Virginia sheriff faces bribery charges for accepting tens of thousands of dollars in exchange for making people auxiliary deputies and helping them access guns. He is running for reelection on Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      What is that? GDP/capita roughly? Seems about right for cold calculation of a human life.

Looks like we could probably bump that up to $75k
      In the literature, the most often number used to quantify 1 Quality Life Year is ~$50,000. I agree it is quite the cold calculation, and I certainly do not participate in that type of research personally, but it is what it is. New treatments often use this a benchmark to determine if an intervention is "cost effective." As a clinician, I wish the considerations were considered on the FDA/drug company end, but the way it is now, we get these super expensive medications approved and then basically have to prescribe them since they are the only treatment for a largely untreatable condition.
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• I figured. I just assumed it was roughly equivalent to GDP/cap.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Culpeper gonna Culpeper.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Culpeper gonna Culpeper.
            I have friends from Orange. For them, Culpeper is the big city.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• This is a perfect example why the 10 round limit is ridiculous https://cwbchicago.com/2023/11/chica...led-carry.html

what the hell is going on out there?
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                This is a perfect example why the 10 round limit is ridiculous https://cwbchicago.com/2023/11/chica...led-carry.html

what the hell is going on out there?
                Just think how horrible it would have been if he didn’t have a gun at all? Those criminals would have gotten his CAR! I mean, it’s totally worth getting shot in both legs to save your car.

I’ve been held up at gun point while unarmed. Cooperated fully and went on with my life. Big friggin deal. You may ask, “What if the crook had been in a state of mind to hurt me even though I cooperated?” Well, in that case, I would’ve been shot whether or not I had a gun.

So exactly what good does a gun do again?
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Everyone should just have ARs with many extra magazines so we can blow everything away

Jesus ****ing Christ

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Just think how horrible it would have been if he didn’t have a gun at all? Those criminals would have gotten his CAR! I mean, it’s totally worth getting shot in both legs to save your car.

I’ve been held up at gun point while unarmed. Cooperated fully and went on with my life. Big friggin deal. You may ask, “What if the crook had been in a state of mind to hurt me even though I cooperated?” Well, in that case, I would’ve been shot whether or not I had a gun.

So exactly what good does a gun do again?
                    How do you know they only wanted his car? I don’t get why Chicago lets these groups operate.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• One dead, one in custody in remote UP town.
                      https://www.mininggazette.com/uncate...W17LbXaYiLy7Z8
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of a murder in houghton.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of a murder in houghton.
                          I don't think I've ever heard of anything in Houghton.

Comment

• Wrong thread
                            Last edited by LynahFan; 11-19-2023, 12:19 PM.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I don't think I've ever heard of anything in Houghton.
                              Per Wikipedia:

Houghton was the birthplace of professional ice hockey in the United States when the Portage Lakers were formed in 1903.
                              Note the Amphidrome was f-cking awesome:

How did they afford that? Was the UP awash in timber money in the 1900s or something?

Look at this, it's spectacular!

Last edited by Kepler; 11-19-2023, 11:06 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Timber and copper.

Comment

Working...
                                X