Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Baldwin should have paid more attention during that Gun Safety and Marksmanship 101 class at NYU film school. Oh, wait - that’s not a real class? Maybe because that’s not the actors’ ****ing job. What next, we hold the actors accountable for doing their own stress analysis on the safety harnesses? Checking the brakes on the stunt cars? Ensuring that catering doesn’t leave the tuna salad out in the sun?

If Baldwin has any culpability here, it would just be negligence as the producer for hiring the wrong armorer. No more culpability than if a different on-set actor had pulled the trigger, in which case that actor would have zero culpability.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Guess Baldwin should have paid more attention during that Gun Safety and Marksmanship 101 class at NYU film school. Oh, wait - that’s not a real class? Maybe because that’s not the actors’ ****ing job. What next, we hold the actors accountable for doing their own stress analysis on the safety harnesses? Checking the brakes on the stunt cars? Ensuring that catering doesn’t leave the tuna salad out in the sun?

If Baldwin has any culpability here, it would just be negligence as the producer for hiring the wrong armorer. No more culpability than if a different on-set actor had pulled the trigger, in which case that actor would have zero culpability.
      Yes. From what we hear everything was done wrong. The Armorer and the actor are the only ones to touch the guns, yet an assistant director if I heard correctly handed Baldwin the gun in this case. And there is a whole slew of other things.

Probably be a big civil case against the producers. Not sure if they're criminally liable but they could be.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Guess Baldwin should have paid more attention during that Gun Safety and Marksmanship 101 class at NYU film school. Oh, wait - that’s not a real class? Maybe because that’s not the actors’ ****ing job. What next, we hold the actors accountable for doing their own stress analysis on the safety harnesses? Checking the brakes on the stunt cars? Ensuring that catering doesn’t leave the tuna salad out in the sun?

aren't some producers just producer in name only, because they either helped secure financing or are an actor that is being given a financial stake in the film? Films have dozens of producers, some of whom are making hiring decisions and making sure things get done, others are just writing or collecting checks. Which one is Baldwin?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Yes. This is what happened on the set of THE CROW.
          On The Crow, the crew made their own "dummy rounds" by removing gunpowder from off-the-shelf ammo. So called "dummy rounds" are used for close up shots, for example where an actor is loading a weapon, since they look real. The blanks have crimped ends, and are obviously missing the projectile, so they can't be used for these shots.

Because they modified off-the-shelf ammo by removing the gunpowder, the dummy rounds still had their primer. Someone pulled the trigger with one in the gun, and the primer had enough force to push the bullet out of the shell and into the barrel of the gun. Then blanks were loaded into the same gun. When the blank was fired, the bullet that was in the barrel was shot out of the gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

On The Crow, the crew made their own "dummy rounds" by removing gunpowder from off-the-shelf ammo. So called "dummy rounds" are used for close up shots, for example where an actor is loading a weapon, since they look real. The blanks have crimped ends, and are obviously missing the projectile, so they can't be used for these shots.

Because they modified off-the-shelf ammo by removing the gunpowder, the dummy rounds still had their primer. Someone pulled the trigger with one in the gun, and the primer had enough force to push the bullet out of the shell and into the barrel of the gun. Then blanks were loaded into the same gun. When the blank was fired, the bullet that was in the barrel was shot out of the gun.
            Yea, I realized I was misremembering what I had read about the situation. I knew a blank was fired and caused Brandon Lee's death. I just didn't remember that the projectile was a squib round from a previous shot instead of a fragment from the blank round. My mistake.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Sic's concern trolling is priceless.

Comment

• The NM sheriff is reporting the weapon was a Pietta Long Colt .45.
                Pietta makes reproductions (very good ones) of the 1873 original Colt .45 (aka The Peacemaker).

Why's this matter?
                That firearm is single action, meaning the trigger only releases the hammer. Nothing more.

To fire a shot you first cock the hammer (first willful action) and then squeeze the trigger (second willful action).
                To fire a second shot, cock hammer, squeeze trigger.

Why was the hammer cocked?
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  The NM sheriff is reporting the weapon was a Pietta Long Colt .45.
                  Pietta makes reproductions (very good ones) of the 1873 original Colt .45 (aka The Peacemaker).

Why's this matter?
                  That firearm is single action, meaning the trigger only releases the hammer. Nothing more.

To fire a shot you first cock the hammer (first willful action) and then squeeze the trigger (second willful action).

Is this supposed to be some rhetorical gotcha question?
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Sic's concern trolling is priceless.
                    The fact that people continue to treat his act as being in good faith and still bother responding to him is hilarious.

Comment

The NM sheriff is reporting the weapon was a Pietta Long Colt .45.

Why's this matter?

I'm going to go with, "because he intended to act like he was shooting a gun." Yes - act. That's his job. Once he decides that he's going to shoot the gun, it doesn't matter how many actions it takes. If there were 10 steps in the sequence, he would have methodically gone through all 10 - there's still only one decision being made.

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Just the local DA ... they're still considering charges.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/26/enter...day/index.html
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/26/m...c-baldwin.html '

Baldwin has a multi-layer problem: he didn't check/clear the weapon; he pulled a trigger; he's the film's producer so he has final culpability to ensure processes are followed and the set is safe.

And if the claims of the camera crew that walked off set days before this horror are true, big trouble is ahead.
                        https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...ncerns-on-alec
                        You need to start reading the sources you post...you are self owning all day on this one.

And again it is NOT Baldwin's job to check the weapon...in fact actors are usually told not to. That you keep pretending that isn't a fact proves you aren't here to discuss this just to troll.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Wow...you actually are this stupid. Congrats even Chuck Murray isnt this dumb. Hell Jebbers probably can out think you at this point.

I think you have had too many EMPs to the head.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It was obviously Owen Hart's fault the harness broke on his stunt and he died...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Wow...you actually are this stupid. Congrats even Chuck Murray isnt this dumb. Hell Jebbers probably can out think you at this point.

I think you have had too many EMPs to the head.
                              I remember maybe 6 or 7 months ago, before Sic’s re-emergence, I said something along the lines of SJHovey being the most smug, self-righteous poster on this board. **** me, was I wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The fact that people continue to treat his act as being in good faith and still bother responding to him is hilarious.
                                Yeah I put him on ignore a while ago for this very reason and its annoying to still see people quoting him.

Edit: Shooter from the Boise mall shooting the other day has died. The person who first confronted the shooter inside the mall and tried to get others to safety and was ultimately killed was a transgendered military vet. The GQP is probably having a meltdown about how they should react to that: praise a vet for her selfless act or throw hate at her for being trans.
                                Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 10-27-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X