X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Why are grown people still doing this?
    Sport. Enjoy the outdoors. Put food on the table. Help control "nuisance" populations (I.E. Canada Geese)

I mean, at least some of the Hampton's crowd is all about the outdoor living on vacation. Have you not been out to Montauk? Is there not an outdoors scene up in Ithaca? How do you not know about this =0P
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
      And how does a cop use of a weapon make it ok for the general public to have access to them?
      Before the interaction with the sheriff's deputy that person had run two other cars off the road (and wrapped his car around a tree or pole). When confronted, that person (on meth) emerged. Imagine that coming after you, and not the deputy. As the old joke says, I hope you can run faster than that 'bear'.

My friends and relatives living in rural eastern ND (not the western oil patch) have been told by their sheriff's office not only to arm, but what to purchase to defend themselves. Why? The meth trade uses abandoned farmsteads as cook labs, and sometimes they get lost and pull into the wrong farmstead. When the nearest law enforcement office is 40 miles away, what are their options?

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

For gold.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISSF_Olympic_trap
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Dove hunters will fire 3-5 shots in the matter of a few seconds. Waterfowl can be 2-3 shots in a second or two.
          Why? Are they that bad of shots? Pump action should suffice. Skill can make sure you can hit one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Before the interaction with the sheriff's deputy that person had run two other cars off the road (and wrapped his car around a tree or pole). When confronted, that person (on meth) emerged. Imagine that coming after you, and not the deputy. As the old joke says, I hope you can run faster than that 'bear'.

My friends and relatives living in rural eastern ND (not the western oil patch) have been told by their sheriff's office not only to arm, but what to purchase to defend themselves. Why? The meth trade uses abandoned farmsteads as cook labs, and sometimes they get lost and pull into the wrong farmstead. When the nearest law enforcement office is 40 miles away, what are their options?
            LOL- just mongering fear. And it's also good that the sheriff's office has blatantly told you that they are incompetent, and you are on your own. How many actual shooting have taken place where meth labs have attacked farmers? One, two? Is that worth the multiple hundred of people who are being murdered because gun access is so good, and lots of rounds can be shot very quickly?

Again, your ENTIRE argument is that guns are for killing people. And I appreciate that you can at least admit that.

Comment

Why? Are they that bad of shots? Pump action should suffice. Skill can make sure you can hit one of them.
              That rate is pump action. And this isn't Hollywood -- it's a moving target at distance.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Again, your ENTIRE argument is that guns are for killing people. And I appreciate that you can at least admit that.
                No, it's to defend my life.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

LOL- just mongering fear.
                  Physician, heal thy self.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That rate is pump action. And this isn't Hollywood -- it's a moving target at distance.
                    Dude, you just posted an article about the best shooter in the world, as if that's some kind of example of the nominal, and now you are saying that it's not actually possible??? Seriously?

BTW, based on my requirements- it's not as fast as your finger can pull, and it's not over 5 rounds. You are welcome to actually bother to read and understand the suggestion instead of finding random acts of skill that nobody else can do.

Comment

No, it's to defend my life.
                      By having the means to take another life. There are other things you can do. Besides work with actual facts.

Comment

A dove would shoot you just for blinking the wrong way at it.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Physician, heal thy self.
                          Again, has there EVER been a shooting of a farmer because of a meth lab who got lost? Find an example of that, or it's just fear mongering. And then justify the one or two examples to the hundreds of people being shot.

Go for it.

You still owe the example of why an AR15, or any other automatic weapon like that is needed for hunting.

You have homework to finish before moving on.

Comment

LOL- just mongering fear. And it's also good that the sheriff's office has blatantly told you that they are incompetent, and you are on your own. How many actual shooting have taken place where meth labs have attacked farmers? One, two? Is that worth the multiple hundred of people who are being murdered because gun access is so good, and lots of rounds can be shot very quickly?

It’s such a disgrace CNN has wasted so much time talking about Covid when they should be addresssing meth junkies going to the wrong house.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Doves will fly in groups and you can take out 2-4 birds on a single pass. And this is without even getting into what is needed on a South American "Dream" trip. This is a specific example where a Semi-Auto will greatly improve accuracy and this style of hunting is what pushed semi-auto designs.

I'll be honest in that your ignorance of the sport of hunting is coming off as very MAGA, just with a perspective from the left. You are so set against something you aren't willing to listen to the actual logic behind it and are using blanket coverage to cover an area that is extremely diverse. You ignore the actual logical reasoning, and just form things to fit your end goal. You come off as someone who views anyone who wants to partake in hunting/fishing as below you, and that's frankly not cool. Especially for someone who lives in Michigan, a state where hunting/fishing tourism accounts for roughly 30-40% of all tourist dollars spent.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

It’s such a disgrace CNN has wasted so much time talking about Covid when they should be addresssing meth junkies going to the wrong house.
                                Weren’t you the one who said CNN doesn’t show enough stories of good guys with guns stopping bad guys? Yes, yes you were.

Comment

Working...
                                X