X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Biden was the prom queen.
    wait, what?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

First, I do not own an AR-15. Not a hunter; never have seen the allure of the modern sporting rifles.

But, why are you banning a semi-automatic (meaning one trigger cycle is one round) rifle chambered in either .223 (5.56) or .308 (7.62)? That description covers a vast number of hunting rifles, not just the AR platform. Is it because the AR has a magazine? Hunting rifles have magazines as well.

Please explain why the AR is unique enough to be banned.
      Are there really a lot of semi automatic hunting rifles??? Why in the world does the hunting world need a semi auto rifle??? If you need more than one shot that fast, they should not be hunting.

Anything that can empty it's magazine in less than 10 second should be banned. Anything that has more than 5 rounds in a magazine should be banned. The only purpose for such weapons is to kill many people at once. My hunting rifle had a 4 round "magazine" but it was bolt action- like real hunting rifles should be.

That's why AR's should be banned. And ANY other weapon that holds more than 5 rounds and can put them off as fast as you can pull the trigger. It's a pretty simple standard, that actually makes sense given the needs of hunters.

Unless you can find a compelling and rational reason weapons are needed that can shoot as fast as your finger can move, and put out more than 5 rounds at a time doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        So what are you proposing then, Handy? Do we just give up on democracy, buy assault rifles ourselves, and start the shooting war before they do? Start learning Mandarin for when China swoops in to fill the superpower vacuum? Note: I'm being as ridiculous as I can here, I'm definitely not advocating for any of this.
        I am proposing we stop acting like just because we are right that ****ing means anything. (The Kepler Standard) History is riddled with people on the right side of an issue who lose. I am saying if we want to fix the gun problem we need to stop being chicken **** and ****ing fix the goddamned problem or shut up and move on. Dems/Liberals are so damned afraid of being labelled as gun haters that they might as well fellate guns themselves.

In other words put up or shut the **** up. Stop pretending to care and put forth some real legislation and let the chips fall where they may. This wishy washy crap they pull goes nowhere and they still lose anyways. The gun issue is the perfect example of why the Left tends to lose way more often than it should. They let themselves get bullied out of winning arguments. Most NRA members want what Dems want but the Dems see a bunch of toothless flaccid Trumpers on TV and back off cause heaven forbid they hurt some traitor's feel feels.

Either an issue is worth fighting for or it isn't. Flowery speeches mean little when the other side is willing to light you and themselves on fire to get what they want. The Dems/Liberals don't play to win and as long as that is the case guns (along with a myriad of other issues) will never be a fixable issue. The Dems are always just "happy to be there" which is why they never quite solve anything and people tend not to trust them. The only ones who seem to get this are the younger crew of Dems and, amazingly, Joe Biden. The rest are ****ing worthless. Until the likes of AOC are the standard bearer then we are at risk.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Normally I would have fun pointing and laughing but it is ridiculous to think guns are going anywhere. Even if you believe gun ownership is declining (I don't) it doesn't matter, the country is headed down a dark path everywhere so regulation is never coming.

The GOP is rigging the game in multiple states making sure they are the only ones that have any real power, stacked a Supreme Court to kill Abortion on top of any other Liberal Legislation and are restricting votes all over the country...but somehow despite all of that guns will trend the right way because...reasons?

This is why Liberals fail. They think that just because polling shows they have the edge they somehow will win in the end. They think because they win the argument they somehow won. Meanwhile the country gets bent over a barrel because the Nazis have no issue burning it all to the ground to win. They are all about the moral victories...doing their best and hoping it works!

So great minded one, tell us weak minded what we should do.

Last I checked, the power we have is to vote. And to convince other people they should vote.

And there has been TWO pretty significant amendments that were from popular uprising. Kind of ironic that the second one was to undo the first- but they were exactly what you say can't happen.

But other than taxing the crap out of the rich, and then forcing "news" outlets to actually be balanced- aka bring back good regulations- what the F else can we do???

Comment

I am proposing we stop acting like just because we are right that ****ing means anything. (The Kepler Standard) History is riddled with people on the right side of an issue who lose. I am saying if we want to fix the gun problem we need to stop being chicken **** and ****ing fix the goddamned problem or shut up and move on. Dems/Liberals are so damned afraid of being labelled as gun haters that they might as well fellate guns themselves.

In other words put up or shut the **** up. Stop pretending to care and put forth some real legislation and let the chips fall where they may. This wishy washy crap they pull goes nowhere and they still lose anyways. The gun issue is the perfect example of why the Left tends to lose way more often than it should. They let themselves get bullied out of winning arguments. Most NRA members want what Dems want but the Dems see a bunch of toothless flaccid Trumpers on TV and back off cause heaven forbid they hurt some traitor's feel feels.

Either an issue is worth fighting for or it isn't. Flowery speeches mean little when the other side is willing to light you and themselves on fire to get what they want. The Dems/Liberals don't play to win and as long as that is the case guns (along with a myriad of other issues) will never be a fixable issue. The Dems are always just "happy to be there" which is why they never quite solve anything and people tend not to trust them. The only ones who seem to get this are the younger crew of Dems and, amazingly, Joe Biden. The rest are ****ing worthless. Until the likes of AOC are the standard bearer then we are at risk.
            Unless you plan on running for office, or at least are drafting large notes to every single one of your representatives- you are just words, too. You have no more power than any of the rest of us, so all you can do is blame the Democratic party.

Just want to point that out.

So stop pretending that you are doing things so much better than the rest of us, and lets find things we can actually DO. And giving money to political parties is not an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              He is of the theory that if you say nothing will ever change then you are showing how clever you are.

That affect has been encouraged by TPTB since time began. "You can't fight City Hall" was an expression coined by City Hall.
              Once again you comment without actually reading what anyone says. Go back to mocking State Schools that is way more up your alley old man ;^)

I am saying it is time to stop talking and start acting. The Dems don't have the balls to put forth any real legislation because that would mean they have to go on record and they never like that. They are so afraid of losing they quit before the game starts just to make sure they can hold their head up high. The Dems are the fans of every team that whines about the refs not calling penalties in the playoffs when they inevitably lose.

It doesn't matter what some worthless poll says, guns aren't going anywhere naturally. So either we do something about it or stop talking about it. This is life or death, not some plot point on a graph and until such time as Dem Leadership starts acting like it nothing will change.

Put it this way...if AOC was in charge of the Dem Caucus (a man can dream) what do you think she would say or do? That should be the ****ing argument not whatever the hell Diane Feinstein or some other octogenarian thinks.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'd ban them in cities. You don't need your hunting pen!s in a city.

Who you murder out in the country isn't of interest to me anyway.
                This should be the minimum. Hell I would make super strict restrictions on when law enforcement or military can carry as well.

And it can't be a small penalty either if caught. If you have a gun you go to prison. Period.

Give a grace period though...like 2 years to turn in every gun no questions asked and no penalty. Then the next day if you have anything more powerful than a starters pistol on your person in a metropolitan area you go bye bye. If you commit a crime with a gun mandatory sentences that are ridiculously Draconian. Hunters can keep their guns out in the middle of bumbphuck nowhere and they are required to take safety classes and tests every year or forfeit all licenses.

There is a major problem with this (racially speaking) which is why you need to give a grace period. This is definitely NOT going to help with Black Incarceration in many cities for a while. That will be offset though if you stop incarcerating every Black Man who dares to smoke a joint and give amnesty for anyone currently in prison for minor drug offenses.

If people want to live in the Wild West they can find a plot of land in Wyoming and leave society.

I used to never care about the gun issue much and supported 2A but no longer. Guns are a cancer and it is time to cut it off.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Once again you comment without actually reading what anyone says. Go back to mocking State Schools that is way more up your alley old man ;^)

I am saying it is time to stop talking and start acting. The Dems don't have the balls to put forth any real legislation because that would mean they have to go on record and they never like that. They are so afraid of losing they quit before the game starts just to make sure they can hold their head up high. The Dems are the fans of every team that whines about the refs not calling penalties in the playoffs when they inevitably lose.

It doesn't matter what some worthless poll says, guns aren't going anywhere naturally. So either we do something about it or stop talking about it. This is life or death, not some plot point on a graph and until such time as Dem Leadership starts acting like it nothing will change.

Put it this way...if AOC was in charge of the Dem Caucus (a man can dream) what do you think she would say or do? That should be the ****ing argument not whatever the hell Diane Feinstein or some other octogenarian thinks.
                  So should we be writing notes to our reps to tell them to put AOC in charge? I'm good with that.

Again, what acts should we be doing? We, as in the voters.

Comment

Always a charmer.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Always a charmer.
                      It seems to be working :^)

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Unless you can find a compelling and rational reason weapons are needed that can shoot as fast as your finger can move, and put out more than 5 rounds at a time doing that.
                        For clarity, semi-auto is one trigger cycle (pull, release) is one round. World's fastest revolver (revolvers are semi-auto) shooter can do five rounds in under 0.6 seconds.

Now to respond to your query (and oblige DGF) ...

12 rounds of 9mm, center of mass, close range. That was after the man had been Tazed. (Meth is a terrible thing.)
                        https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a15_story.html

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

For clarity, semi-auto is one trigger cycle (pull, release) is one round. World's fastest revolver (revolvers are semi-auto) shooter can do five rounds in under 0.6 seconds.

12 rounds of 9mm, center of mass, close range. That was after the man had been Tazed. (Meth is a terrible thing.)
                          Yeah, and I'm sure that guy was a huge threat after the first two...just proves the point that modern guns provide far more rapid fire than is actually needed. There was no reason for that cop to remain so close to the suspect - he put himself in harm's way and the victim paid the consequences. You have a gun - don't take it into a knife (or quarter-staff, in this case) fight.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Ok, then we ban revolvers, that's fine, too.

And how does a cop use of a weapon make it ok for the general public to have access to them? But thanks for pointing out that weapons like that are only intended to kill other humans. Appreciate that.

When you have a justification for hunters to have weapons that can put out rounds as fast as your finger can put them out- feel free to post that. I did actually reply to "why ARs are unique" question.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Ok, then we ban revolvers, that's fine, too.

And how does a cop use of a weapon make it ok for the general public to have access to them? But thanks for pointing out that weapons like that are only intended to kill other humans. Appreciate that.

When you have a justification for hunters to have weapons that can put out rounds as fast as your finger can put them out- feel free to post that. I did actually reply to "why ARs are unique" question.
                              Dove hunters will fire 3-5 shots in the matter of a few seconds. Waterfowl can be 2-3 shots in a second or two.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Dove hunters will fire 3-5 shots in the matter of a few seconds. Waterfowl can be 2-3 shots in a second or two.
                                Why are grown people still doing this?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X