X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    He also thinks EMPs are going to destroy our power grid.
    I missed that from Sic but that's a prepper staple so I'm not surprised.

the government was hiding Bigfoot because they were breeding a new super army.
    Seems reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    The planet will be engulfed by the Sun in 4-5 billion years. Whether or not we make it that long is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think I said the same thing about Flaggy :-/
    TBH towards the end I started to think Flaggy had moved past village idiot and into village psychopath. He was like Walter White's pure distillation of right wing media paranoia and delusion: the finest product on the market.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Fine, it isn't the entirety of the country. But however big the "we" is, it needs to be put down like a rabid dog. Believe me, I am not blaming myself for the mess our country is in. I'm not voting to deny anyone's humanity or voting to limit anyone else's right to vote or control their own bodies. But the solution is not going to happen politically because the political leadership is not allowing it. You say we need to shoot the drunk, but you don't really mean it Kep. That's the main difference between us.
    You are right, I don't mean to actually shoot the drunk. I'm not that guy, and hopefully 98% of that guy is on the Right (though we do have a few on our side and they are creepy).

I mean insofar as we can't get the drunk help, or better still have programs where he doesn't become a drunk in the first place, we must at least take the drunk's car and license.

The Right is no longer a sincere participant in civil society. They no longer should have access to power within the democratic political system because they do not abide by the first rule: respect for democratic polity.

We have laws which monitor and curb political parties which would violently overthrow the government. The GOP is now one such party. If it had 80 people we would surveil it, so all the more reason to do so since it has 80 million and can literally destroy humanity.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2022, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Art Bell and those kinds of shows can be entertaining as hell as long as you know it's all a bunch of incel basement dwellers coked out of their minds.
    That show was great but it was before I realized there were little pockets of white nationalist crazies in the bushes who believed everything and assumed it was (((a plot))).

The fact that a third of our country are now active shooters in training would take a lot of the fun out of it.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2022, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    This is really going to be awkward one day when the FBI contacts us and asks how we missed the red flags.
    I think I said the same thing about Flaggy :-/

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Almost every episode I would try to guess whether Art or George actually bought whatever they were talking about that episode. Man, is that show still around?
    Art has been dead for a while I believe, but yea, COAST TO COAST AM is still running in it's normal, overnight syndication slots...

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Almost every episode I would try to guess whether Art or George actually bought whatever they were talking about that episode. Man, is that show still around?
    I meant Sica ;^)

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    I used to love me some Art Bell when coming home from shows at 3 AM. Hilarious stuff.
    Me too.

That's how long ago that guy was doing his shtick.

The answer is he didn't believe anything except he liked High Weirdness and the First Amendment and he found a gimmick. I have a friend named One Ball Steve who essentially lived the same life without the millions of followers. God bless life's harmless con men.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-17-2022, 06:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Except he believes it...

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    I used to love me some Art Bell when coming home from shows at 3 AM. Hilarious stuff.
    It used to be what I would listen to in the background in college when doing lab reports late. Kept me sane :-D :-D ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Except he believes it...

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

Pretty sure Sic also said he was an avid listener of Art Bell...

.... which explains a lot....
    To be fair

Art Bell and those kinds of shows can be entertaining as hell as long as you know it's all a bunch of incel basement dwellers coked out of their minds.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Laura and Tucker your Fox primetime lineup want us all to believe that the Buffalo Shooter and Republicans have zero to do with eachother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZCS3xw-rbU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm6iy3l2GyA

The Lincoln Project and Scooby say not so fast.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X