X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Good people on both sides.
    A lot of comments from people really, really wanting a chance to take a go at the shooters and I don't blame them. Hopefully there's enough of an uproar to elicit a grand jury review.

Comment

When the protests start, I wager we will suddenly see Fox News and company realllly concerned about people in public distancing and wearing masks.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Update on that cold blooded murder in Georgia.

Video posted online as DA says case of Georgia man who was chased and killed will go to grand jury

It gets worse the more you read about it.

Wanda Cooper, Arbery's mother, told CNN on Sunday that when police notified her of her son's death, she was told her son was involved in a burglary and that there was a confrontation between her son and the homeowner and a struggle over a gun.Source

The police lied to his mother and said he was involved in a burglary and was shot by the homeowner. Not at all true and they knew from the 911 call that this was not the case.

911 calls show the call taker was asking the men what Arbery is doing that was of criminal concern, Merritt said.

"They didn't give any answer for that, they said, 'He's a black man running down our road,'" Merritt said.
        jwb is now a capital offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Update on that cold blooded murder in Georgia.

Video posted online as DA says case of Georgia man who was chased and killed will go to grand jury

It gets worse the more you read about it.

jwb is now a capital offense.
          Holy sh-t. I thought this was just some white nationalists, but the cops lied. Holy holy sh-t.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Holy sh-t. I thought this was just some white nationalists, but the cops lied. Holy holy sh-t.
            One of the grossest things I've seen in a long time. I hope they get everything thrown at them possible.

Comment

I'll be interested to hear the story behind the video. It starts out just like a dashcam video, except it seems to be handheld based upon how much movement there is. You don't even see the victim or the truck until the vehicle with the camera goes around a bend in the road. Why is someone just filming the road as they travel? My guess is they had some knowledge about what was about to go down.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                I'll be interested to hear the story behind the video. It starts out just like a dashcam video, except it seems to be handheld based upon how much movement there is. You don't even see the victim or the truck until the vehicle with the camera goes around a bend in the road. Why is someone just filming the road as they travel? My guess is they had some knowledge about what was about to go down.
                There's a trend among paranoid people to film as they drive so they can prove they weren't at fault for any accident that happens. Started in Russia, is slowly migrating to the States.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  There's a trend among paranoid people to film as they drive so they can prove they weren't at fault for any accident that happens. Started in Russia, is slowly migrating to the States.
                  Really, that's crazy. Especially since it looks like this party was filming with a handheld, which makes it all that more unsafe.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Really, that's crazy. Especially since it looks like this party was filming with a handheld, which makes it all that more unsafe.
                    Homeowner following the guy and phoning his buddies up ahead to be ready to sling some hot lead at the darky while he gets the snuff footage?

Comment

It started in Russia so their cops couldn't shake them down at checkpoints. Made perfect sense.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 05-06-2020, 03:30 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I mean its not exactly common, and most who do it get something to hold their phone/camera on the dash, but yeah, it's a thing.

Comment

Looks to me like a dash came that perhaps came loose or they grabbed it and fumbled it. It would not surprise me in the least it was just a random driver that came upon the incident. At least 30% of the cars have them here (ours included) and for us personally it's proven itself useful twice already.

[edit] Upon another view maybe it wasn't mounted at all. It jumps around quite a bit.
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 05-06-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

This is truth. Then just post that one snippet that shows the filmer/whatever victim is getting filmed is not guilty, let the media run with it, etc.

I WANT TO BE CLEAR. THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THE CASE HERE. I'm thinking the good ol' boys just got caught in this one.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah, except it’s becoming more and more intelligent to have it. It used to be you could trust people. My sister-in-law got into an accident on an icy day where she was turning left from the left turn lane and someone turned left from the center lane. She hit the lady because she couldn’t stop or make the turn. The other lady said she made the turn from the left lane. They couldn’t prove the other lady was lying so they got ****ed.

And if I were black, I wouldn’t drive without one.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Yeah, except it’s becoming more and more intelligent to have it. It used to be you could trust people. My sister-in-law got into an accident on an icy day where she was turning left from the left turn lane and someone turned left from the center lane. She hit the lady because she couldn’t stop or make the turn. The other lady said she made the turn from the left lane. They couldn’t prove the other lady was lying so they got ****ed.

And if I were black, I wouldn’t drive without one.
                                I am frankly amazed the people the insurance companies use to reconstruct accidents couldn't prove it. Those guys are wizards. It's like My Cousin Vinny but twenty times more complex and, you know, real.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X