X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    They just cornered the suspect four miles northwest of campus. Shot himself as they arrived. Sounds like he is DOA.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Suspect shot and killed himself. Heard over scanner. Confirmed multiple times.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Three people confirmed dead. In addition to the five who were transported to the hospital.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Official police conference says five victims, all being treated in Lansing. Chief says some do have life threatening injuries. Suspect still at-large.

Classes, events, and athletics have been canceled through Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    There have been so many calls coming in and reports across central to east campus. And MSU's campus is not small. The buildings being reported are up to a mile apart. And that's just on campus. There's also reports of suspicious people walking about a mile northwest of the original shooting location. This cannot be easy for the police to investigate right now when they've now basically got a six to nine square mile area to search.

And now the scanner just reported someone called in and reported explosives on campus and then hung up.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Shooting at Michigan State tonight. At least one reported dead, many saying two. Others saying between five to seven shot. Shooter still at-large.
    Just saw it on the news. Stay safe.

We may not get along on the the rink, but this is terrible.

The odd thing they are showing are a bunch of cops just standing around.

edit- now it looks like they are emptying the dorms to check the building fully.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Suspect still at-large but they seem to be closing in on the East side of campus.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Shooting at Michigan State tonight. At least one reported dead, many saying two. Others saying between five to seven shot. Shooter still at-large.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I absolutely love this story. Hopefully more gun nuts shoot them selves this way without harming mri techs

https://twitter.com/aynrandpaulryan/...8fZJCy-JX4sx6w
    Talk about your Darwin Award winners. I'm surprised to hear any MRI center would let anyone not employed by them anywhere near an active MRI machine.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I absolutely love this story. Hopefully more gun nuts shoot them selves this way without harming mri techs

https://twitter.com/aynrandpaulryan/...8fZJCy-JX4sx6w

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    This remake of Fargo is pretty intense.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/0...-dead-in-truck

I know the extended family of the murderer in that article, relatively close to DGF’s area. The murderer left behind a wife of 18yrs and 3 children. He also bilked his grandfather’s trust fund down to nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    That depended on who was doing the writing. They had plenty of contributors that carried his water and still do...

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    The Hill is certainly flawed but they had no issue holding Trump's feet to the fire during his reign of terror.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Yes, not recently, but violently. Ten years ago they were one of the (if not the) top shops in the industry. Thought-provoking and relatively balanced. Now it just feels like they're a bunch of semi-reformed neocons, trollnalists, and general morons.
    Honest to God, i noticed The Atlantic going downhill when they cut their traditional back page feature of asking a random question and collecting answers from celebrities, leaders, and random people a couple of years back. Never hard hitting but always interesting given the variety of perspectives. Ever since then I've noticed the whole thing getting worse and worse. Probably won't resubscribe when the current one runs out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X