Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Either way, likely doesn't happen without a gun.
    I'm sorry, what?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Either way, likely doesn't happen without a gun.
      How do you come to that conclusion? Because it's tough to get in close to another student in a high school setting?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        How do you come to that conclusion? Because it's tough to get in close to another student in a high school setting?
        Because guns are used in 93% of murder suicides for a start, tough to play it out many other ways.

Comment

think the argument, "you can commit murder suicide with a knife, with poison, with...." doesn't hold much water. And murder suicide without a firearm? I think a lot of people would not opt in should they have to choose a more gruesome or painful method. 56% of male suicides are by way of firearm, less so for women at 32%. I realize that many of those will still find another way to do it, but I bet many would not.

Lest anyone misunderstand me I have never advocated for gun bans.

Comment

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/u...rules-37004281
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/09/us/gun...-shot-florida/

Maybe 4 is too young eh.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Heard on Chicago Newsradio that two dozen people have been shot in Chicago. Since TUESDAY. It's only Thursday morning
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  By definition she fails Darwin, but there's a whiff of instant karma to it.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    She fails my simple, standard gun owner test:
                    Either locked in a vault that only you know the combination to, or in a proper holster on you.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

New York City has been undergoing a wave of slashings this year, up something like 80% over last year.

Some are your "typical" disagreements, but a disturbingly high number have been random, a person just going around slashing people for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Guns, knives, in some cases machetes, is it the weapon that is the problem, or the person wielding the weapon?
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I don't think the guns are the problem in these slashing cases.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I don't think the guns are the problem in these slashing cases.
                          If guns were available, they wouldn't be using knives!
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            New York City has been undergoing a wave of slashings this year, up something like 80% over last year.

Some are your "typical" disagreements, but a disturbingly high number have been random, a person just going around slashing people for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Guns, knives, in some cases machetes, is it the weapon that is the problem, or the person wielding the weapon?
                            The weapon isn't the problem? They are both weapons? Then it sounds like gun supporters would be totally cool with full-on gun control. After all, they've got this wonderful knife option for self defense.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              The weapon isn't the problem? They are both weapons? Then it sounds like gun supporters would be totally cool with full-on gun control. After all, they've got this wonderful knife option for self defense.
                              I prefer a separation, a stand-off distance, from the nut-bag attacking me if I have to defend myself.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                I prefer a separation, a stand-off distance, from the nut-bag attacking me if I have to defend myself.
                                Ah...so for the gun supporter, guns are a much more reliable and lethal form of self defense than knives. But for criminals, guns and knives are just as lethal. I see.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X