Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a Murderer (spoilers expected) did Steven Avery do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making a Murderer (spoilers expected) did Steven Avery do it?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    From what I gather from the Cafe, you just described the U.P.*

* I have never been to the U.P. and for all I know it looks like Malta. "All I know is what I read on the internet."
    The UP is beautiful land. The problem is that it's filled with midget Yoopers looking for today's latest fashion camo.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

* I have never been to the U.P. and for all I know it looks like Malta.

Meh... The UP has more trees. Otherwise, yeah, basically the same as Malta.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        You do realize that Manitowoc is like 90 minutes from the UP right?
        Actually, I didn't. I don't have my snowbilly geography down.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          The UP is beautiful land. The problem is that it's filled with midget Yoopers looking for today's latest fashion camo.
          And of course no women
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            And of course no women
            Shows what you know.

To be fair, they actually look significantly less slack-jawed dumb f-ck than the usual run. There appear to be vestiges of human thought behind some of those eyes. Even humor.
            Last edited by Kepler; 11-16-2016, 10:57 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Someone needs to post the picture of a hot tub party at NMU to educate Kepler
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Can you actually see the STDs floating in the tub?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Believe it or not I actually know a guy from NMU. Or MTU, I forget which*. But either way, he was a short, wiry, extremely polite coastie (as in the Coast Guard, not someone from the coast) who was without doubt pound-for-pound the most ambitious drinker I have ever met.

He was from the town in the Vice show about that famous semipro hockey rivalry. Not the featured team (Calumet), but the cake eater rival (Portage Lake?).

* Houghton, whichever one that is. He was an engineer, so I guess MTU?
                  Last edited by Kepler; 11-16-2016, 02:42 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Believe it or not I actually know a guy from NMU. Or MTU, I forget which*. But either way, he was a short, wiry, extremely polite coastie (as in the Coast Guard, not someone from the coast) who was without doubt pound-for-pound the most ambitious drinker I have ever met.

He was from the town in the Vice show about that famous semipro hockey rivalry. Not the featured team (Calumet), but the cake eater rival (Portage Lake?).

* Houghton, whichever one that is. He was an engineer, so I guess MTU?
                    MTU is in Houghton. Engineering students go to Houghton, future burger flippers go to NMU. That's what I've been told by non-partisan Techies, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      MTU is in Houghton. Engineering students go to Houghton, future burger flippers go to NMU. That's what I've been told by non-partisan Techies, at least.
                      So it's Clarkson vs SLU. Got it.
                      Cornell University

Comment

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND...The Federal Court Blocked His Release
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Don't appeals courts issue opinions/statements on why they overturned? If they do, CNN did a sh_t job as usual reporting that.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Don't appeals courts issue opinions/statements on why they overturned? If they do, CNN did a sh_t job as usual reporting that.
                            I think they only granted the stay so they didn't need to put out a statement.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Thanks
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So it's Clarkson vs SLU. Got it.
                                That is probably the best comparison in the entire country, given the locales, and profiles of the schools.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X