Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a Murderer (spoilers expected) did Steven Avery do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making a Murderer (spoilers expected) did Steven Avery do it?

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Yeah, something isn't right here. I don't care what this new lawyer says, his two trial lawyers were not complete idiots. It's not like they would fail to recognize the significance of evidence placing her twelve miles away from Avery's home. We're not being told something here.
    It'd be interesting to see how close that info puts the phone to the quarry where the original defense claimed she was burned...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      It'd be interesting to see how close that info puts the phone to the quarry where the original defense claimed she was burned...
      It would be interesting to see how the location matches the testified movements of the uncle and cousin that were each others alibi.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        It would be interesting to see how the location matches the testified movements of the uncle and cousin that were each others alibi.
        I have a feeling we'll be finding out, Zellner doesn't strike me as someone who is seeking publicity or wasting her time on this unless she really believes there is something there to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Yeah, something isn't right here. I don't care what this new lawyer says, his two trial lawyers were not complete idiots. It's not like they would fail to recognize the significance of evidence placing her twelve miles away from Avery's home. We're not being told something here.
          To be fair, they may have seen the evidence but not been able to use it to prove anything. It isnt like the judge was very open to them putting forth alternative theories
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            I have a feeling we'll be finding out, Zellner doesn't strike me as someone who is seeking publicity or wasting her time on this unless she really believes there is something there to prove.
            Agreed. Her spokesperson said this case will be over in months...there really must be something to those phone calls and the perp behind them. I'd like to think it involves the ex-boyfriend as well. Deleting messages on a phone that was evidence in the case is at best tampering, at worst? Who knows? Any defense attorneys in this thread?

EDIT: the more I read about Kathleen Zellner the more of a bulldog she seems to be. Think Guiliani's prosecution of the mob as a reference point, only she seems sharper than he was. I wouldn't want to be Petersen, Lenk, or Fassbender right about now given that she seems to have them squarely in her sites...not to mention the sex perp...I mean how could that have been something the police would have ignored? I read somewhere that she intimated she's got information on the perpetrator and she's withholding evidence from the press to hopefully keep him from fleeing...could be smoke but for now I'm all in with her case
            Last edited by solovsfett; 04-22-2016, 09:03 PM.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Big news today...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2...rder/88632502/

Brendan Dassey's conviction has been thrown out by a federal judge.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Big news today...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2...rder/88632502/

Brendan Dassey's conviction has been thrown out by a federal judge.
                Good...leaving Avery out of it everything about his trial was a joke and a full on miscarriage of justice.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That guy should not go back to that county.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Great news.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Good...leaving Avery out of it everything about his trial was a joke and a full on miscarriage of justice.
                      Whether you believe Avery did it or not, the fact that they convicted both of them for murder under two completely different circumstances of killing was astonishing and disgusting and mind boggling and a whole bunch of other adjectives.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

[QUOTE=Spartanforlife4;6349922]Whether you believe Avery did it or not, the fact that they convicted both of them for murder under two completely different circumstances of killing was astonishing and disgusting and mind boggling and a whole bunch of other adjectives.[/QUOTE]

In this neck of the words, the term we prefer for such antics is Wisconsonian.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So Kathleen Zellner requested all the evidence be retested using the current techniques and other items not previously tested are on the list, she wants this done prior to submitting most of what she's found?

She wants fingerprints from Lenk and Colburn to see if they match unidentified prints I the RAV4 and other areas.

She's now hinting the ex-boyfriend Hillegas and a new suspect who'd lied to police about his name are who she has in her sites.

Also, the RAV4 was in the possession of the sheriff's 2 days prior to having been "found" on the Avery property. This fact alone should shake the foundation of the case. What can manitowoc say about that? Avery stole it and put it on his lot? Hillegas and friend stole it to frame Avery?

Local talk radio host dan o'donnell has been carpet bombing the federal judge in dassey's case and has been announcing ad infinitum Avery is "guilty as sin". In the face of what appears to be real and mounting evidence of a frame-up I wonder why he's so adamant "there's nothing to see here"

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            So Kathleen Zellner requested all the evidence be retested using the current techniques and other items not previously tested are on the list, she wants this done prior to submitting most of what she's found?

She wants fingerprints from Lenk and Colburn to see if they match unidentified prints I the RAV4 and other areas.

She's now hinting the ex-boyfriend Hillegas and a new suspect who'd lied to police about his name are who she has in her sites.

Also, the RAV4 was in the possession of the sheriff's 2 days prior to having been "found" on the Avery property. This fact alone should shake the foundation of the case. What can manitowoc say about that? Avery stole it and put it on his lot? Hillegas and friend stole it to frame Avery?

Local talk radio host dan o'donnell has been carpet bombing the federal judge in dassey's case and has been announcing ad infinitum Avery is "guilty as sin". In the face of what appears to be real and mounting evidence of a frame-up I wonder why he's so adamant "there's nothing to see here"
                            The locals don't want to believe that their Sheriffs office and local judicial system is crooked as ****.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              The locals don't want to believe that their Sheriffs office and local judicial system is crooked as ****.
                              That seems likely...

From Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
                              Zellner vows extensive tests in Avery case
                              Attorney appeared Friday amid a crush of media at the Manitowoc County Courthouse.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/steven-avery/2016/08/26/avery-seeks-new-testing-evidence/89262098/

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

How did the first lawyers not get any of this? Weren't they supposed to be top of the game and didn't Avery pay them into the millions?

Edit: Nevermind, forgot he settled for under a million. Thought he got a greater fraction of his possible 36 million.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X