Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I registered for the Michigan Titanium full distance duathlon. It is a 112 mile bike ride, followed by a 26.2 mile run.

To do this, I need to do a few things:

1. Get used to the saddle. Time in the saddle is key.
    2. Buy a trainer so I can ride in any weather.
    3. Be prepared to eat a lot.
    4. Do hard workouts so I can get my speed up to 15-16 miles per hour. 13 MPH will not help me finish the bike in 9 hours.
    5. Keep up the yoga and Pilates for core strength and injury prevention.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• So, how are we ending the year? Did you accomplish what you set out to do at the start of the year
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

Nope. The time off at the end of the year has been not very friendly to me, despite not eating any worse than I would during the work week and actually working more. It can probably be chalked up to a couple of meals on 12/24 and 12/25
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thanks to Rolfing, my body is now able to handle some moderate activity. Been doing Orangetheory workouts 2x week, will now up to 3-4 times per week in January.
          Starting Whole 30 next week. I may have a rough few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Nope. The time off at the end of the year has been not very friendly to me, despite not eating any worse than I would during the work week and actually working more. It can probably be chalked up to a couple of meals on 12/24 and 12/25
            Weight wise, I'm ending the year at 213. Wanted to be at 200, but I realized that I need energy to do the things I do.

Endurance wise, I did practically everything I wanted to do. I ran 5 marathons, 3 Olympic duathlons, set a marathon, 25K, and 10K PR, and attempted a 50 mile ultra. However, not finishing the ultra is still bothering me, so I've resolved to try again next year.

And next year, in terms of endurance, will be even more amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Thanks to Rolfing, my body is now able to handle some moderate activity. Been doing Orangetheory workouts 2x week, will now up to 3-4 times per week in January.
              Whole 30 doesn't have to be miserable. If you're looking for good recipes to get you through...

Nomnompaleo.com
              Stupideasypaleo.com
              Theclothesmakethegirl.com

I ate carbs during my Whole30, relying heavily on sweet potatoes and fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                One day I'm going to have to try that, see if its as intense as what everybody says it is.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  One day I'm going to have to try that, see if its as intense as what everybody says it is.
                  I don't think it's intense. Mine says it's not supposed to hurt - that was a thing that got around years ago. I find it fairly relaxing most of the time. And effective.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    With my eating lately... it feels like I'm too focused on the scale, ..... And as a result, this "lose weight at all costs" mentality has left me in a world where everything is upside down, backward, and sad.
                    For several years, I went through a pattern where, when I worked out, I'd gain weight while my waistline slimmed, and when I slacked off on exercise, I'd lose weight while my waistline widened. I'd encourage you to target energy and alertness and well-being and lose the scale.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

That's because muscle weighs more than fat.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                      X