Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    #8 no tomato, no mayo. Delicious.
    Unwich solves the dilemma of wheat/white.

Comment

• Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

All this bread talk. I eat too much fast food. Started with a little change of I only eat half or less of the bun (typically discard the bottom and rip off excess from the top bun). That small change has helped me drop 10 pounds over the last year. No other changes. I still eat too much, and mostly junk, but I'll take my small improvement.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Well even if you consider that a toss the difference in protein is pretty significant. If you get a burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, steak, and fajita veggies + salsas (I did tomatoes and corn salsa but no matter how you do salsa it won't add much) you're looking at 625 calories and 36 grams of protein. 2 slices of Papa John's pepperoni pizza is a similar amount of calories (650) and 10 less grams of protein (and I doubt anyone is gonna eat two pieces of that and call it a day). It's not all that close big picture wise as long as you don't get sour cream or guac (or order a burrito and add 300 calories for no reason).

You mean wheat right? When I pick that instead of French Bread it adds about 60 calories. That said if those end up being more filling and burn slower that's probably not the end of the world.
        On JJ's site, the #8, which is what I used to get from them back when I ate there, I have all options defaulted for customizing the sandwich, is at 790 Calories; default option is the 9-grain wheat. When I change only the bread for the sandwich, to French, it reads 840 Calories. So it's a 50 Calorie increase. I'm reading all this information on their site right now. Removing the Hellman's mayonnaise takes it down 160 Calories from there, regardless of bread option.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Measured myself, and:

37" chest
          30" waist
          35" hips
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            I tried that lettuce wrap thing once, and was starving again 3 hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I tried that lettuce wrap thing once, and was starving again 3 hours later.
              Next time, don't use the lettuce wrap for Chinese takeout.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                On JJ's site, the #8, which is what I used to get from them back when I ate there, I have all options defaulted for customizing the sandwich, is at 790 Calories; default option is the 9-grain wheat. When I change only the bread for the sandwich, to French, it reads 840 Calories. So it's a 50 Calorie increase. I'm reading all this information on their site right now. Removing the Hellman's mayonnaise takes it down 160 Calories from there, regardless of bread option.
                Do they have different sizes of wheat bread or something? When I did the totally tuna and switched from white to wheat it added 60 calories. Perhaps I'm missing something...

Comment

I was looking for a new snack, and came across the new Harvest Snaps snapea crisps. Basically, they're baked sugar snap peas. Only 110 calories per serving, and about 4g fiber.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Reeds Lake Olympic duathlon (5K run/40K bike/10K run): 3:33:34 overall, with running 59:03 in the last 10K. The only negative effect I feel today is that of the bike saddle.

Next up is my 50 mile ultra-marathon bid, and that is in 13 days.

Comment

Doctor's office this morning, and my weight is down to 213.25, a 7 pound drop since August 30. In a way, that's good, I can reach 200 by the end of the year. In other ways, I am concerned, knowing my ultra bid is in 11 days.

Oh well, the only thing to slow it down/stop it is eat more food.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Much truth.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Wich truth?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Since I noticed that lowering calories and upping exercise wasnt helping my weight issue I decided to lower my sugar intake drastically and in the 3 weeks since I did that I have lost 7 pounds (almost all around the midsection, it is quite noticeable) and my eating habits have normalized quite a bit. Way less snacking, or even desire to snack and I feel about 100% better.

Reading this article today backed up my feelings on the issue: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ig-john-yudkin
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Way less sugar; watch the white starch carbs; much more water*. Those are three keys.

*Dihydrogen monoxide is a killer chemical!!! Read the MSDS!!!
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-13-2016, 05:03 PM.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Since I noticed that lowering calories and upping exercise wasnt helping my weight issue I decided to lower my sugar intake drastically and in the 3 weeks since I did that I have lost 7 pounds (almost all around the midsection, it is quite noticeable) and my eating habits have normalized quite a bit. Way less snacking, or even desire to snack and I feel about 100% better.

Reading this article today backed up my feelings on the issue: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ig-john-yudkin
                                Reducing sugar intake can make a huge difference--it did for me. And when you start keeping track of how much sugar is in the food we eat, it is frightening. The sugar industry and the manufacturers who sweeten their products in order to make them sell are killing us at a rate terrorists could only dream of. Sugary drinks alone kill more than 180,000 a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X