Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

Back from the doctor, and my weight is down to 215.6. Good. The weight loss has slowed down, my energy levels are up (not just because of huge cups of coffee), and I'm not feeling as "hangry" as I was on 2,500 calories a day.

I see the dietitian again August 30, and my goal is to be at 210, so to lose 1 pound a week until then.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

30.5" waist
      36" hips
      37" chest

Tried on a pair of 34 jeans today, and they fit rather well. Bet I can fit into a pair of 32 pants at the end of the year.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

struggling. stress and other health stuff does not help. I have not felt like myself for the past few months, but still trying to exercise most every day. weight gain causing stress... which stops you from losing weight, even with exercise. vicious circle.

I've been trying to cut back on dairy to help allergies and congestion. after a few tries, almond/cashew milk blend finally worked out (almond milk was too "almondy" and I can't drink soy milk). trying to find a protein powder that's not dairy-based or soy-based has been tougher. also, my doctor says local honey can help allergies. never heard that before.
        Last edited by jen; 08-11-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          struggling. stress and other health stuff does not help. I have not felt like myself for the past few months, but still trying to exercise most every day. weight gain causing stress... which stops you from losing weight, even with exercise. vicious circle.

I've been trying to cut back on dairy to help allergies and congestion. after a few tries, almond/cashew milk blend finally worked out (almond milk was too "almondy" and I can't drink soy milk). trying to find a protein powder that's not dairy-based or soy-based has been tougher. also, my doctor says local honey can help allergies. never heard that before.
          Try hemp or pea protein. Might have to order online, unless your local Organic/health food store has it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Try hemp or pea protein. Might have to order online, unless your local Organic/health food store has it.
            Jen: Sam's Club has a 36 serving bag of VeganSmart protein powder for less than $20. I looked, it is dairy and soy free.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post

Try Rice Dream. I do the unenriched kind (although enriched might be supplemented with protein if you need that).
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Decided instead of paying $$ for protein bars, I will just make my own. I think I can "reverse engineer" Larabars (dates, nuts, salt and spices, maybe another dried fruit or chocolate chips), and add a protein powder, be it whey or plant protein... buzz in food processor, roll into balls, and freeze until ready for use.

This is important for me, because with me running and riding longer distances, I would like "real food" instead of the junk that races will offer. I'm also trying to minimize my reliance on functional nutrition.

Comment

All I really need are dates, cashews, salt, and protein of some kind. Perfect.

6 days until the Marquette Marathon. Based on my long run yesterday, and provided I don't do anything stupid in Marquette while I'm there, I might PR.

27 days until my ultra. I experimented with "real food" (or what ultra-marathoners call real food) a few days ago, and was unimpressed with peanut butter filled pretzels.

Comment

Kicked off P90X again. Soccer season is fast-approaching and I took the entire summer off to heal 100%. I haven't had a start to P90X this successful ever. Even though I'm in much worse shape than normal. Injuries are such a drag.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      All I really need are dates, cashews, salt, and protein of some kind. Perfect.

6 days until the Marquette Marathon. Based on my long run yesterday, and provided I don't do anything stupid in Marquette while I'm there, I might PR.

27 days until my ultra. I experimented with "real food" (or what ultra-marathoners call real food) a few days ago, and was unimpressed with peanut butter filled pretzels.
                      Bob - how did you get started on your Marathon/Ultra path? Did you start with a half-marathon or just go whole hog? I'm considering signing up for a marathon in March. I've run 5ks, 8ks, and 10ks, but never done a half marathon. Do you recommend doing a half first, or just diving in head first?

Comment

• Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                        Bob - how did you get started on your Marathon/Ultra path? Did you start with a half-marathon or just go whole hog? I'm considering signing up for a marathon in March. I've run 5ks, 8ks, and 10ks, but never done a half marathon. Do you recommend doing a half first, or just diving in head first?
                        I started with a 25K in 2009. A week later, I signed up for my first marathon. In 2015, I started doing multiple marathons in a year, and last year, I signed up for my first ultra-marathon.

But yes, start with a half-marathon or 25K, then move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                          If you're properly training for a marathon, you'll need to run a half or longer several times anyway in the lead-up to the race, so if you can find a half that fits your training schedule, you can treat it as a training run with built in course support.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            If you're properly training for a marathon, you'll need to run a half or longer several times anyway in the lead-up to the race, so if you can find a half that fits your training schedule, you can treat it as a training run with built in course support.
                            All my marathons this year are supported long runs in advance of my ultra. Good point.

Comment

• My weight went up to 220.5, and the dietitian basically said don't worry. With what I have coming up, if I worry about weight loss, my performance will suffer big time.

Comment

Everything hurts. **** you tony Horton.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X