Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

Speaking for myself here.

Goals:

Want to get down near 185. I think I'm a bit over 200 right now.

Get blood pressure down. This is a work in process.

Get blood sugar down. A bit too high right now, but I don't want it to get out of control. This one is going to be the most problematic for me.

Let's go.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2016: Because "blob" is not an acceptable shape.

My fitness goals for this year include:

1. Stay between 210 and 220 pounds.

2. Be able to lift 100 pounds. Right now, I can do about 65, which is as strong as I need to be for my current job. Still, I'd like to be able to lift more.

3. Move my workouts to first thing in the morning, instead of after coffee.

4. A sub-4:30:00 marathon.

5. Complete a 50 mile ultra-marathon.

6. Complete 2 intermediate-length duathlons (5K run/40K bike/10K run).

7. Eat 3,500 calories a day on a balanced, inclusive, moderate diet.

8. Get into downward dog yoga pose and complete a sun salutation.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I can actually play along this year. I was just about to post goals last year when I found out I was pregnant. At that point, I made it my goal to not gain anything more than necessary, which I accomplished. The baby weight came off quickly, too, because there wasn't much extra to get rid of.

This year my goals are:
      1. Drink more water and less pop. I'm a Diet Coke fiend, but I'd like to cut most of it out.
      2. Move more. I'll need to work on a SMART goal for this. I've got videos I could work out to, as well as a treadmill that the previous homeowner left here. I'll have to see if it actually works.
      3. Learn to meal plan and make the meals healthy and balanced (and affordable!) within that plan.

Just have to remember it's a marathon and not a sprint. I'll probably be working with the health system at some point to work on a weight loss plan, but that'll be a few months out. I'm still nursing as much as I can, so weight loss is not a primary focus at this point in time.
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

I'd like to make it so my weight range is between 210 and 225lbs. Right now I'm around 238. It's a more than achievable goal, IMO. It would really help if my plantar fasciitis would go away sooner rather than later.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

My goal is to be able to run my first 5k this year.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
            My goal is to be able to run my first 5k this year.
            GO! You can do this!
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Tomorrow, I have an appointment with a dietitian. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say, and how I can get my nutrition in line.

Comment

I am now at my highest weight ever - ~180. I should be 160 or less (5'-9" and small boned, skinny legs and arms). I was measured at 36% body fat. I hope to be down to 160 by year end (hopefully before that) and increase lean muscle mass by quite a bit. I've joined a club that I intend to use primarily for swimming and some yoga classes. I am currently assembling a universal weight machine that we bought several years ago and never had room for. I've rearranged stuff in the basement for the machine. Hope to use it regularly as well as the swimming.

I lost 14 pounds last spring in an office weight loss challenge by controlling my diet and walking more, but I hope to sustain it this time.

Comment

Back from the dietitian. I weigh 220.5 to start the year. Here's what the verdict is:

1. We want a very gradual weight loss, so 2,750-3,000 calories a day.

2. I should get back into weighing myself weekly.

3. 150g carbs in the 30 minute window after a long run.

4. 120-150g protein per day, 20-30g following exercise.

Comment

Still trying to figure out my plans for 2016. May try to run the same Boston half marathon in hopes of upping my time from 2015. Everyone says I should go to a full 26.2 after doing so well in the 13.1 but I really feel like that is trouble and I am not ready and would never be ready. But I am not getting any younger either and it is a bucket list kind of thing (maybe I will try lottery sign up for NYC or Chicago marathon and if I win the bib I will train for it and do it). Generally while I was training I was eating well... since then (I haven't run since that half marathon) I've kind of started eating like crap again. So trying to go back to the good eating full-time. Not easy.

May try to mix it up and get a running coach... definitely on my wish list is a running watch. Maybe for my birthday.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Still trying to figure out my plans for 2016. May try to run the same Boston half marathon in hopes of upping my time from 2015. Everyone says I should go to a full 26.2 after doing so well in the 13.1 but I really feel like that is trouble and I am not ready and would never be ready.
                      I've always found it very easy to up my time. It's the cutting it part that's hard.

Comment

My company has a health service that calls us with a supposed nurse, and we set certain goals. I picked weight loss because, hey, I've been on that for a while. They "nurse" is encouraging me to get out there and be more active even after I told her about my plantar fasciitis (which my web browser wants me to call fascism). Top notch service we have there.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          I've always found it very easy to up my time. It's the cutting it part that's hard.
                          Before setting personal records in the marathon the past two years, my marathon time went from 11:56/mile to 13:57/mile.

These are my time goals this year:

26:00 5K
                          55:00 10K
                          1:45:00 half
                          2:30:00 25K
                          4:30:00 marathon

Add that to the goal of finishing my first 50 mile ultra and my first three duathlons...

Comment

In terms of the 3,000 Kcalories a day mark:

487.5g carbohydrates
                            83g fat
                            120-150g protein

2.5 cups fruit
                            4 cups vegetables
                            10 oz grains (preferably whole)
                            7 oz of meat/beans
                            3 cups dairy (emphasis on low-fat)
                            10 tsp added fat/oil
                            512 discretionary/"fun" calories

Beer counts as "discretionary/fun."

Comment

Note to Resolutioners: going to the gym and taking pictures of yourself to post on social media is NOT actually working out.

oh yes, it's THAT time of year at the gym.

Comment

Working...
                              X