Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet XI: Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XI: Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Remember, it's only FREE STUFF when you offer food, clothing and shelter to people in need. It's not FREE STUFF when you cut taxes on the wealthy, forcing the rest of the population into debt slavery to afford those people's tax holiday.
    Yeah, I know. It's been drilled into my skull ever since 2000 happened. I keep wanting to fight against it though cause I still don't get it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You must've been asleep (this is a restful place) for all 16 of those years if YOU have missed my many painstaking distinctions between "conservatives" and "Republicans."
      I sleep through everything except the night.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I sleep through everything except the night.
        Mickey Spillane?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Only if we can do the same for the BLM movement.

People are treating the GOP the way certain people are treating the Muslims.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Uh. No.
          Uh. Yes. Right in your backyard. It's the old liberal fallback: I stand for the voice of equality, but if you disagree with me, you shouldn't have a voice!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
            Uh. Yes. Right in your backyard. It's the old liberal fallback: I stand for the voice of equality, but if you disagree with me, you shouldn't have a voice!
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Figured that would be about the best you could come up with. So typical. SIGH.

Comment

People actually think Muslims are being treated the same as the GOP

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  People actually think Muslims are being treated the same as the GOP
                  One of the behaviors of bullies is the complaint when they are told to stop that they are being "bullied."
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

One of the behaviors of bullies is the complaint when they are told to stop that they are being "bullied."
                    I'm a white male, and I hesitate to say I'm (fiscally) conservative in public. I have found when I say I'm a moderate conservative, I get "BIBLE THUMPING GUN-TOTING HOMOPHOBE WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!"

I'm not denying that the extremists are completely nuts, but don't lump the majority of us into that niche. Huh, sound familiar?
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm a white male, and I hesitate to say I'm (fiscally) conservative in public. I have found when I say I'm a moderate conservative, I get "BIBLE THUMPING GUN-TOTING HOMOPHOBE WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!"

I'm not denying that the extremists are completely nuts, but don't lump the majority of us into that niche. Huh, sound familiar?
                      Then you should be talking to Rush, and the GOP. Not us. They're the ones who co-opted the term conservative with "BIBLE THUMPING GUN-TOTING HOMOPHOBIA". Not the liberals.

Comment

Then you should be talking to Rush, and the GOP. Not us. They're the ones who co-opted the term conservative with "BIBLE THUMPING GUN-TOTING HOMOPHOBIA". Not the liberals.
                        Can I at you in retort?

I used to be a fan of his back in the early 90s then he went full Rush. Just like Trump, never go full on. Bad idea. Horrible idea.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm a white male, and I hesitate to say I'm (fiscally) conservative in public.
                          And I can't talk politics where I work because so many of my co-workers watch nothing but Fox and think liberals are literally trying to destroy the country.

It has nothing to do with affiliation, it has to do with what the local community standard of tolerance (or its lack) is.

I find the idea that conservatives are demonized, as a general statement, laughable. From where I'm living and working right now the exact opposite is the case.
                          Cornell University

Comment

And I can't talk politics where I work because so many of my co-workers watch nothing but Fox and think liberals are literally trying to destroy the country.

It has nothing to do with affiliation, it has to do with what the local community standard of tolerance (or its lack) is.

I find the idea that conservatives are demonized, as a general statement, laughable. From where I'm living and working right now the exact opposite is the case.
                            I dare not talk pol with my dad. He was conservative, now a total (not dramatizing/etc) bleeding heart lib. You mention ANYTHING that isn't to the left of Paul Wellstone...good luck. He makes Paul look like a middle of the road guy.

Edit: to be fair, a couple of my truck drivers at work? Holy "right" ignorance, similar to what you deal with.
                            Last edited by The Rube; 12-11-2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Note to Christians: this is what a war on a religion looks like.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Note to Christians: this is what a war on a religion looks like.
                                Do you have any pictures of the churches is the Middle East that were dynamited by the Muslims?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X