Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet XI: Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XI: Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

At some point can we arrest the GOP for incitement?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      At some point can we arrest the GOP for incitement?
      Only if we can do the same for the BLM movement.

People are treating the GOP the way certain people are treating the Muslims.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Only if we can do the same for the BLM movement.

People are treating the GOP the way certain people are treating the Muslims.
        Uh. No.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Uh. No.
          Um, yes. Trump and a few others are spouting off nonsense. THE WHOLE GOP IS EVIL! Not that I'm fully aligned with the party, but the persecution is insane. As soon as you say the word "conservative" you are vilified.

And I am not even totally conservative. Just fiscally. I'm socially liberal, if you want to get down to brass tacks.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If you think the nutjob wing of the GOP is limited to just Trump you need to read more. Almost all of the frontrunners this cycle (outside Rubio) and all of them last cycle outside Mitt are off the reservation wackos. Seriously look into them, see what they stand for and the things they say...

Trump is just the loudest and media savviest. Ben Carson and Cruz believe most of the same crap and Fiorina is just hopeless and incompetent. Not ony are they social nutbars they arent even fiscally conservative.

You disagree with BLM (btw so do I for various reasons) so you try and equate them but there is no equating. Wanting cops held accountable for the deaths of black people =/ hating an entire religion, sexual orientation...etc. They are not the same, the GOP has gone full loony. The decent ones are drowned out by the noise and the money.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              If you think the nutjob wing of the GOP is limited to just Trump you need to read more. Almost all of the frontrunners this cycle (outside Rubio) and all of them last cycle outside Mitt are off the reservation wackos. Seriously look into them, see what they stand for and the things they say...

Trump is just the loudest and media savviest. Ben Carson and Cruz believe most of the same crap and Fiorina is just hopeless and incompetent. Not ony are they social nutbars they arent even fiscally conservative.

You disagree with BLM (btw so do I for various reasons) so you try and equate them but there is no equating. Wanting cops held accountable for the deaths of black people =/ hating an entire religion, sexual orientation...etc. They are not the same, the GOP has gone full loony. The decent ones are drowned out by the noise and the money.
              See bolded. Just because the potential candidates have the noise and money...they don't necessarily represent the majority of the party. I will concede that the use of "party" may be an incorrect word here, but I don't think a majority of moderate conservatives who ID themselves overall as Republican would align themselves with the nonsense being spewed forth, and take great offense at being lumped in with the orators of this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                See bolded. Just because the potential candidates have the noise and money...they don't necessarily represent the majority of the party. I will concede that the use of "party" may be an incorrect word here, but I don't think a majority of moderate conservatives who ID themselves overall as Republican would align themselves with the nonsense being spewed forth, and take great offense at being lumped in with the orators of this nonsense.
                It simply doesn't matter if there's some silent majority who aren't bigoted extremist scumbags because those are the ones being voted in and it must not be that unpalatable for them because they aren't nominating anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  The decent ones are drowned out by the noise and the money.
                  I agree. The same is true on the other side, of course, as well. The only way to pay for all of Bernie's programs would be with Hillary's bucket of cash. They're both as insane as the Donald, merely in different ways. We are looking at having no reasonable choice at all in this election.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    A plurality of Republicans support Trump's latest proposal to ban Muslim immigrants, at least according to the latest major poll on the issue.

The meme, "not racist, but #1 with racists" may need to change if that keeps up.

Comment

Yes they do...they didnt always but they do now. The Republican Party is in full derp mode now...hell most of the moderates had to go far right to avoid being primaried. There is a reason even a big time insider like Boehner couldnt keep his party in line an it wasnt a vocal minority...

The silent minority are just as much to blame anyways. They could have stopped this but they spent all their time trying to have it both ways.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Um, yes. Trump and a few others are spouting off nonsense. THE WHOLE GOP IS EVIL! Not that I'm fully aligned with the party, but the persecution is insane. As soon as you say the word "conservative" you are vilified..
                        I'm going to guess you have been asleep for the last thirty years and haven't heard how liberals are treated by their opponents.

The GOP does have a lot to answer for in the creation of ChrISIS. It cultivated these people for decades, riling them up with racist and theocratic garbage to get their money and their votes. It was the mullah yelling from the pulpit (do they have pulpits?) about how liberals and brown people and gays -- that evergreen target of all fascistic rhetoric, THE OTHER -- were poisoning their children's minds and destroying their homes and families and faiths.

Now the brownshirts are out of the box and not backing the right corporate con, so the GOP wants to disavow them. But you guys are the ones who put the alcohol in the blood-surrogate, so the army of Epsilons is your fault.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          I agree. The same is true on the other side, of course, as well. The only way to pay for all of Bernie's programs would be with Hillary's bucket of cash. They're both as insane as the Donald, merely in different ways. We are looking at having no reasonable choice at all in this election.
                          There's always enough money for war, Halliburton, and Tax Cuts though. We never run out then.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I'm going to guess you have been asleep for the last thirty years and haven't heard how liberals are treated by their opponents.
                            You must've been asleep for the last 16 years and not paid attention as to how YOU personally refer to and demean conservatives on this very message board.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              You must've been asleep for the last 16 years and not paid attention as to how YOU personally refer to and demean conservatives on this very message board.
                              You must've been asleep (this is a restful place) for all 16 of those years if YOU have missed my many painstaking distinctions between "conservatives" and "Republicans."
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                There's always enough money for war, Halliburton, and Tax Cuts though. We never run out then.
                                Remember, it's only FREE STUFF when you offer food, clothing and shelter to people in need. It's not FREE STUFF when you cut taxes on the wealthy, forcing the rest of the population into debt slavery to afford those people's tax holiday.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X