Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet XI: Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Planet XI: Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

Carry on.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Nice Planet XI: Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

The NFL is taking a lot of bad publicity tonight. Darn!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP
      My point is that this ditz is what institutes of "higher education" are churning our today.
      And my point is you're falling for a trick, because that's one person, in no way representative of what universities are turning out. I met a few morons (of all political perspectives) in college and grad school, but mostly I met standard issue people with a little bit more upstairs and/or a little bit more of a work ethic to grind out the work to get where they wanted to go.

You could see this quite easily if it was foisted upon a group of people you knew well, like the military or the police. You understand in those circumstances that not only is the tactic dishonest, but it's also quite inane -- people familiar with the group being characterized just laugh at the ignorance and naivete of people who buy it.

This aw-shucks down-home anti-intellectualism has been hurting the country for decades. Our policies are often no longer driven by facts, but opinion, and political hacks decide what should be included in history or science textbooks. It's no wonder we're being surpassed by other countries that don't have contempt for knowledge.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I knew this was a law, but this is the first time I've ever heard of it being used.

87 year old woman sentenced to 10 months in prison for denying Holocaust.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Subscribed because this planet is the ****ing worst.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Meanwhile, it appears that at least one little f-ckwit wants to hold on to his job.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Meanwhile, it appears that at least one little f-ckwit wants to hold on to his job.
              Huh, imagine that.

Comment

I wish the upper courts could remove lower court judges for being complete idiots.

As in, "Your ruling is so impossibly stupid and against what the Constitution says. You no longer have the privilege of being a judge because it's obvious the job is too big for you to handle and your opinions are clearly politically motivated and not based in law."
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-13-2015, 10:15 PM.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I wish the upper courts could remove lower court judges for being complete idiots.

As in, "Your ruling is so impossibly stupid and against what the Constitution says. You no longer have the privilege of being a judge because it's obvious the job is too big for you to handle and your opinions are clearly politically motivated and not based in law."
                  It would be nice if it worked like it does in many other areas, that's for sure. Get a terrible judge? "Let me speak to your supervisor." Of course a process like this kind of exists, but it takes years and thousands of dollars.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    I knew this was a law, but this is the first time I've ever heard of it being used.

87 year old woman sentenced to 10 months in prison for denying Holocaust.
                    It would be fascinating to read the legal/philosophical debate surrounding the criminalization of speech. The thought/act distinction breaks down with speech -- it is a hybrid of them.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Moving this to here because I don't want to politicize the main Paris thread...

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      How can three people with automatic weapons take 100 people hostage, when, if those people all charged the terrorists at the same time, they eventually could overwhelm them?
                      I guess someone has bought into Ben Carson's bullshiat on mass shootings. Why am I not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Moving this to here because I don't want to politicize the main Paris thread...

I guess someone has bought into Ben Carson's bullshiat on mass shootings. Why am I not surprised.
                        In response to FF the John Wayne question remains - "Which one of you heroes wants to die first?"
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Woman claimed she was injured in Boston Marathon bombings. Turns out, she lied and her scam netted $40,000.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This wouldn't work. You'd then have liberal/conservative activist judges debenching (yes, I just made this term up) lower conservative/liberal activist judges because they politically disagree with a ruling, regardless of its legal merits.

Hell, we would have lost half our federal judges due to gay marriage cases alone....
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Good. Time to purge these ads clowns.
                              Code:

Comment

Working...
                              X