This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Completely Unwoven: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 4.0

I'm thinking Starbucks is running out of ideas, especially with the Unicorn Frappucino. It will draw customers for a few days, but what happens when the curiosity dies down?

If Starbucks wants to do anything, they could try improving the flavor of their regular brewed coffee... which tastes like burned dirt.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      If Starbucks wants to do anything, they could try improving the flavor of their regular brewed coffee... which tastes like burned dirt.
      It's called "Charbucks" for a reason.

Comment

Suckers.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            It's called "Charbucks" for a reason.
            And over-priced to boot.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

It's Rolling Stone, so accuracy is questionable, but .....

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...ealed-20160418
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Even the Usual Suspects aren't falling for it this time:

President Trump will unveil Wednesday a proposal to slash the corporate tax rate from 35 to 15 percent—a change that would balloon the federal deficit by an estimated $2 trillion dollars over a decade. The plan will reportedly include additional cuts to the income tax rate paid by high earners and a tax credit for child care that would mostly benefit the wealthy, at further cost to the federal budget.

While some Republican lawmakers cheerfully echoed to TPM the White House line that the tax cuts will “pay for themselves” by spurring massive economic growth, both official government analyses and conservative economists are much more skeptical.

“There’s no pure tax cut that pays for itself,” Alan Cole, an economist at the right-leaning Tax Foundation, told the Associated Press.

Len Burman, the co-founder of the Tax Policy Center think tank, characterized it as “wishful thinking.” Bruce Bartlett, an economist who advised the Reagan and George W. Bush administrations, has likened these calculations to “using smoke and mirrors to institutionalize Republican ideology into the budget process.” George Callas, who serves as senior tax counsel to House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI), dismissed the framework as a “magic unicorn” whose main impact would be akin to “dropping cash out of helicopters on corporate headquarters.”
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's a joke somewhere in here about a diploma mill

@WTOP: Graham Holdings just sold Kaplan University to Purdue for $1 http://bit.ly/2pEn0Kb
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I don't think there is. Purdue is not a diploma mill.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Purdon't is not, but a former arm of Kaplan (since sold off) has a history of being one. Plus, everyone ought to be suspicious of for-profit universities to begin with, even if they are accredited.

Comment

Well yes, but I am guessing Joe was trying to make fun of Purdue. Otherwise there's even less of a joke. Or I'm just very confused about the whole thing.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Well yes, but I am guessing Joe was trying to make fun of Purdue. Otherwise there's even less of a joke. Or I'm just very confused about the whole thing.
                          Purdon't is a STEM school. STEM grads are needed to keep mills/machines running. Kaplan was/is a diploma mill.

Har har. Get it?

Comment

God you're terrible.
                            Code:

Comment

The Aussies are a bit peeved at our economy.

@SportsSunday: "There's something wrong with humanity when you pay someone $20 million to bounce a ball." - @R1CHARDFREEDMAN. #9SportsSunday https://***********/SportsSunday/sta...549056/video/1
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I believe in the days of the Titanic, economy was called "steerage".

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/na...421258184.html
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X