This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Completely Unwoven: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 4.0

That takes balls when it comes to the largest company on earth. Whether you acknowledge it or not.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Interwebs. 8% of total sales are ecommerce and that falls squarely into Targets demo. Years ago, these companies needed to take over some of the top online players. Its probably too late for that strategy. Now they need to rely on suppliers to help differentiate themselves.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Start announcing you'll allow "transsexual" pedophiles into any bathroom or fitting room, your profits SHOULD go down. Just like when you announced you're a "gun-free zone".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Start announcing you'll allow "transsexual" pedophiles into any bathroom or fitting room, your profits SHOULD go down. Just like when you announced you're a "gun-free zone".
          When did Target announce that it was welcoming pedophiles? Oh, that's right, Target Stores have never once said that they're trying to corner the pedophile market.

Target's policy towards transsexuals is the same as every other national chains' policies, only Target had the integrity to simply state it publicly.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            When did Target announce that it was welcoming pedophiles? Oh, that's right, Target Stores have never once said that they're trying to corner the pedophile market.

Target's policy towards transsexuals is the same as every other national chains' policies, only Target had the integrity to simply state it publicly.
            Anyone with half a brain can put two and two together. I will tip my hat towards honesty, though. Something that's quite few and far between in the business world.

Comment

Anyone with half a brain can put two and two together. I will tip my hat towards honesty, though. Something that's quite few and far between in the business world.
              So help out the quarter-brained fool, what two and two are you putting together here, is it that transsexual people have a higher rate of committing sexual assaults in public restrooms?
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

So help out the quarter-brained fool, what two and two are you putting together here, is it that transsexual people have a higher rate of committing sexual assaults in public restrooms?
                I believe you're trying to apply the same logical fallacy that applies when it comes to shootings that happen in gun-free zones. By saying any gender can use any bathroom, you lose one "security level" in trying to prevent heterosexual pedophilia.

Comment

I believe you're trying to apply the same logical fallacy that applies when it comes to shootings that happen in gun-free zones.
                  I'm asking a genuine question. What are the two and two I'm supposed to put together?

Comment

I'm asking a genuine question. What are the two and two I'm supposed to put together?
                    When a statement like that is made, although you may be trying to apply it towards transsexuals, what you're really saying is "anyone can use any bathroom", something which a number of people are obviously not tolerable of, whether it applies to only non-transsexuals or is orientation-blind, especially when it comes to younger family members, which is something we can both agree is the case. The first "security measure" is making sure the correct gender is there. Once you take that away, things become less safe.

Obviously, the only way to truly take steps towards prevention are "single-stall" water closet rooms, regardless of gender or orientation. Considering it costs too much in terms of both space and accouterments, what's the next best thing?

Comment

When a statement like that is made, although you may be trying to apply it towards transsexuals, what you're really saying is "anyone can use any bathroom", something which a number of people are obviously not tolerable of, whether it applies to only non-transsexuals or is orientation-blind, especially when it comes to younger family members, which is something we can both agree is the case. The first "security measure" is making sure the correct gender is there. Once you take that away, things become less safe.

Obviously, the only way to truly take steps towards prevention are "single-stall" water closet rooms, regardless of gender or orientation. Considering it costs too much in terms of both space and accouterments, what's the next best thing?
                      So what do you say to the states that have put in place transsexual/transgender bathroom laws to permit people to use the bathroom for which they identify currently? Inquiries have been made to the various states' law enforcement agencies, and they've all said that there have been no reported incidences that a transX person has committed any such violation against another person. No violence against these transX people have been reported within restrooms, as well.

Safety concerns appear to be completely moot in those states that have enacted the permissive laws.

Comment

So what do you say to the states that have put in place transsexual/transgender bathroom laws to permit people to use the bathroom for which they identify currently? Inquiries have been made to the various states' law enforcement agencies, and they've all said that there have been no reported incidences that a transX person has committed any such violation against another person. No violence against these transX people have been reported within restrooms, as well.

Safety concerns appear to be completely moot in those states that have enacted the permissive laws.
                        If a state wants to choose one way or the other, that's their prerogative, as per the 10th amendment. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it, or that I want "Aunt Flo" on the toilet...

Comment

If a state wants to choose one way or the other, that's their prerogative, as per the 10th amendment.
                          Agreed. And the states that choose against it are acting out of baseless fear against those who live lives differently than the normals. The trans people do as much as they can to draw as little attention to themselves as possible because they are targets, as proved recently in New Orleans with the two trans-women killed.

If anybody's going to abuse these laws, it's the people who already do perverted things to get off, like those who hide cameras in air vent covers of bathrooms.

Comment

Doesn't mean I have to agree with it, or that I want "Aunt Flo" on the toilet...
                            http://cdn2.crushable.com/wp-content...1/mal-what.gif
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I dunno. Moving away from proprietary and having a competitor (the competitor) make your screens take some serious balls even if it's not innovative.
                              They already released a MacBook that was all USB-C. It makes sense for them to go all in.

They've been buying components from Samsung while suing them over patent infringement at the same time.

Comment

I've used unisex bathrooms What's the big deal? I know of one in Quebec City that's been around for like 15+ years (two stalls plus two urinals, and a couple sinks).

Comment

Working...
                                X