X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Completely Unwoven: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 4.0

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Tesla Motors applies for dealership license in Michigan

Tesla's direct sale model has been banned in Michigan; Snyder signed that into law in 2014.
    Some good the ban did. I've seen a handful around town, regardless.

Comment

Tesla's direct sale model has been banned in Michigan; Snyder signed that into law in 2014.
      Got to make sure the beautiful folks don't have to compete with Tesla
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Some good the ban did. I've seen a handful around town, regardless.
        All it means is that the sale happens in another state that gets the sales tax for the roughly 100k sale.

The dealerships don't want all the automakers to start selling direct or a company like Amazon to get involved. They want to do anything they can to not be disintermediated.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
          All it means is that the sale happens in another state that gets the sales tax for the roughly 100k sale.

The dealerships don't want all the automakers to start selling direct or a company like Amazon to get involved. They want to do anything they can to not be disintermediated.
          I get the point. That doesn't mean it isn't a stupid and ultimately unenforceable law.

The winds of change are coming, and it's time for the auto retailers to adapt or die.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/02/te...suit.html?_r=0
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ha. I wonder if Chainsaw Gal has realized that taking the Yahoo job was a huge mistake.

Comment

Tesla's stock seems to be tanking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Tesla's stock seems to be tanking.
                  That has nothing to do with Michigan dealership situation. They've been having some quality control issues cropping up for the past few months.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    That has nothing to do with Michigan dealership situation. They've been having some quality control issues cropping up for the past few months.
                    Agree that it has nothing to do with the dealership situation. But I think they have more issues than just quality control. Elan Musk is a smart guy and he may turn Tesla into a big success story yet, but so far it seems to be running mostly on hype.

Comment

Some QC issues? That's putting it mildly. For a $90k car, a 33% drivetrain failure rate is absolutely unheard of.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Some QC issues? That's putting it mildly. For a $90k car, a 33% drivetrain failure rate is absolutely unheard of.
                        I've seen Formula 1 cars with worse.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I've seen Formula 1 cars with worse.
                          Fine, $90k production car
                          Code:

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ice-hikes.html

Ignore the source. Watch the video.

This guy is the textbook definition of a smug little pr!~ck. He might actually be an actual psychopath.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ice-hikes.html

Ignore the source. Watch the video.

This guy is the textbook definition of a smug little pr!~ck. He might actually be an actual psychopath.
                              That man is drip slime.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So at work today our PM council met and discussed a new edict being handed down by the executives. They decided that no project can have more than 3% contingency on the estimates provided for approval. Anything higher and we need to get management approval.

Here are industry standards: https://garudaaace2015.files.wordpre...ass-matrix.jpg

Even their highest estimate class doesn't dip to 3% until a project is effectively done and construction has wrapped up. One of our most senior (and most well-respected) project managers in the company actually laughed out loud in the meeting discussing this with our management. He said something along the lines of "Even when I'm done with a project I don't know if I'm going to come in at 97% accuracy."

I am 100% confident management has lost their mind. It's a completely delusional expectation.

What worries me is that I know we've been having a lot of GE managers start to flood into the company. Last time this happened they almost killed the company.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X