• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Clown
    replied
    Re: Completely Unwoven: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 4.0

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Welp, still gotta have people stock the shelves, take the deliveries, prepare all the deli stuff, maybe a few LP guys to prevent obvious theft...

It's same thing I see when I hear about Amazon talk about starting their own cargo airline, I just don't think they've thought through the finer details and those costs versus the costs of just having somebody else do it.
    They still need people, but they just dropped 20-30 employees per store, or more depending upon the scale of their operation. You have two or three people check-in the customers, likely includes payment method up front, which will be a breeze after customers become repeat visitors. It would be a fraction of the employees needed compared to checkout clerks.

Really, I think Amazon is less likely to keep investing in physical locations themselves and start selling/licensing the tech to places like Piggly Wiggly, Publix, and all those other regional and national chains.

Loss prevention employees would be focused mostly upon employees as all the customers aren't particularly adept at skirting this specific payment system - yet.

There's no getting around the stocking staff, though Wal-Mart did start the process of reducing direct payment by the stores by way of forcing some of their suppliers to stock their own wares.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Welp, still gotta have people stock the shelves, take the deliveries, prepare all the deli stuff, maybe a few LP guys to prevent obvious theft...

It's same thing I see when I hear about Amazon talk about starting their own cargo airline, I just don't think they've thought through the finer details and those costs versus the costs of just having somebody else do it.
    Don't need deli people if all you sell is the pre-sliced garbage that a majority of people buy. The LP folks will be gone just as soon as the gubmint has everyone microchipped - if you take something and somehow circumvent the electronic payment, the chip will call the cops on you, and they'll track you down right away. It's only another generation or so away, since they now encourage everyone to get their kids chipped for "safety".

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Without saying as much, Amazon.com has setup a grocery store with the ability to counteract the rising costs of labor, especially getting ahead of expected increases to the minimum wage. Jeff Bezos's prototype store requires no cashiers, instead the store tracks you while you shop and automatically charges customers for their goods as they leave.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'm making a joke that free trade is going to kill all of those jobs. You know, rather than automation which has claimed far more.
    The automation that Flag, assuming he's not lying about his employment, contibutes to!

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I have no idea what TPP means.
    I'm making a joke that free trade is going to kill all of those jobs. You know, rather than automation which has claimed far more.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Third Party Proprietary; used in business to classify information all the time. In all seriousness, Trans Pacific Partnership.
    Something tells me he's going a different route with that TPP comment.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Third Party Proprietary; used in business to classify information all the time. In all seriousness, Trans Pacific Partnership.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Thanks TPP!

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Without saying as much, Amazon.com has setup a grocery store with the ability to counteract the rising costs of labor, especially getting ahead of expected increases to the minimum wage. Jeff Bezos's prototype store requires no cashiers, instead the store tracks you while you shop and automatically charges customers for their goods as they leave.
    Thanks TPP!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

One thing that really inhibits online grocers from working out are the perishables: Fresh fruits/vegetables, dairy, and meats. And even then, I will still trust a farmer's market, local butcher, and local "creamery" (it's actually a convenience store, but anyone from Eastern NY/Western VT that knows Stewart's cannot deny that status). Could this be why mainstream outlets are trying to push the vegan diet? You still lose nutrients and taste when you freeze F/V, of course this is the same globalist regime that fluoridates water...

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Have you ever even owned a small business before?
    Have you? Or is this from the Department of "I'm Hearing"? Also known as FMA.

A few weeks back, I mentioned a former employer who screwed $30-40k/yr employees out of a lot of OT with this loophole, until they got nervous and decided to start paying them OT, but only the service desk agents and datacenter guys. Thanks to this ruling, I guess they can just keep screwing the on-call junior engineers & developers they promoted from the desk.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You're arguing with a guy who reads InfoWars for his news.
    At least they actually try to get it right, instead of blatantly putting out fake news and then trying to point the finger when they're discredited.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Clearly you're set on abusing the use of the word clearly and adding suppositions onto other people's opinions.

People have salaried positions for jobs that were never intended to be salaried, and then set to work hours that would have qualified as overtime without any other compensation. If these small businesses are making use of the loophole because the annual compensation value was set without any regards to inflationary pressure, then they've essentially decided to abuse their employees' work conditions. Is there any manager in this nation who's working for a salary less than $24K per year? Outside of Mississippi and Alabama, how many full-time managers are working for less than $47K per year?

I've no interest in destroying small business, but I've also no interest in exploiting loopholes set by short-sighted legislators when creating compensation law.
    Have you ever even owned a small business before? If so, then you know how much effort needs to be placed into keeping these things running. When it comes to the employees, it's a question that you ask during the interview process; this little thing called due diligence.

As for full-time managers under 47k, quite a gosh darn few, especially in the area I grew up. You'd be surprised to find that the cost of living is not as high as you'd think in many places around the country.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Clearly you're set on abusing the use of the word clearly and adding suppositions onto other people's opinions.
    You're arguing with a guy who reads InfoWars for his news.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X