• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5mn_Major
    replied
    Re: Completely Unwoven: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 4.0

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Agree on all counts. They probably are headed down the sewer. No surprise.
    I just sent in a trade to Wells Fargo to short a stock...and was told there was a 50% charge to the total value of the trade. That is to say, if the stocks traded have a value of $1000...then there is a $500 fee.

Pursuing it.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Southwest was never like this!

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Is it me or has Wells Fargo's customer service plummeted? We've been banking with them since the Norwest days and they were stellar. Every month there's a new problem...beyond the boatloads of ethical issues. Simple trading with even a preferred member account has become a nightmare.
    Agree on all counts. They probably are headed down the sewer. No surprise.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Is it me or has Wells Fargo's customer service plummeted? We've been banking with them since the Norwest days and they were stellar. Every month there's a new problem...beyond the boatloads of ethical issues. Simple trading with even a preferred member account has become a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Chick-Fil-A beat them to it. https://chick-fil-a.alohaorderonline.com/
    Except on Sunday. Then you get the 404 error.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    We have PeaPod down here to order groceries via the internet. Now it will be your double double or Whopper

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/busines...d245235eda2367
    Chick-Fil-A beat them to it. https://chick-fil-a.alohaorderonline.com/

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    We have PeaPod down here to order groceries via the internet. Now it will be your double double or Whopper

For $1.50 I can go to a website that has passed my company's security clearance and have that delivery company bring me food from a rotating list of restaurants. Easy peasy, Taiwanesee.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Mnuchin said he doesn't support returning to Glass-Steagall but said he supports a "21st century GS"

I'm interested what this means and what he proposes.
    I wouldn't be surprised if one reference is rules about how banks are prohibited from crossing state lines. It's also one of the big talking points about the replacement of the PPACA.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-20-2017, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I am, however, curious as to how they are going to ratf-ck us, what cover story they'll use, and how blatant it will be.

This is such a weird situation because Trump, who can only hold at most one idea in his head at once, thinks he is anti-Bank. But simultaneously he picks a finance team that is the distilled essence of Predatory Banking.

To avoid a financial psychotic break, I think they're just going to have to lie. They're going to announce the "Break Up Too Big To Fail" Plan which specifies that Goldman must now own in full any financial institution that does any business in the US.
    Da Banks: Donald, you're not going to be president forever. When you return to private life, where are you going to get credit for your next project? F with us and you can forget about building anything but Legos.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The man comes from Goldman Sachs, an institution that's intertwined with everything that Glass-Steagall forbade. Supporting GS would be to tear that company apart, create a lot of expenses in the process, and create what many would view as simple accounting trickery. Who will be the owners of the new companies if you split apart the banks? Well, it would be the people who own stock in the current banks that get split. It's the same net effect in ownership, only now you're paying the salaries of multiple boards, executive teams, etc. He would make some sort of economies of scale argument against the split.
    I am, however, curious as to how they are going to ratf-ck us, what cover story they'll use, and how blatant it will be.

This is such a weird situation because Trump, who can only hold at most one idea in his head at once, thinks he is anti-Bank. But simultaneously he picks a finance team that is the distilled essence of Predatory Banking.

To avoid a financial psychotic break, I think they're just going to have to lie. They're going to announce the "Break Up Too Big To Fail" Plan which specifies that Goldman must now own in full any financial institution that does any business in the US.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Mnuchin said he doesn't support returning to Glass-Steagall but said he supports a "21st century GS"

The man comes from Goldman Sachs, an institution that's intertwined with everything that Glass-Steagall forbade. Supporting GS would be to tear that company apart, create a lot of expenses in the process, and create what many would view as simple accounting trickery. Who will be the owners of the new companies if you split apart the banks? Well, it would be the people who own stock in the current banks that get split. It's the same net effect in ownership, only now you're paying the salaries of multiple boards, executive teams, etc. He would make some sort of economies of scale argument against the split.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

I'd be curious too but invariable what happens is there ends up being no enforcement dollars in the budget and the loopholes are exploited and no one goes to jail.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

Cries fake news, cites one of the least objective sites out there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X