Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2015.1 - if the ball weighs as much as a duck, it's a catch!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2015.1 - if the ball weighs as much as a duck, it's a catch!

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    These minstrel shows I can do without.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCZIrJBYHw
    That's racist!!!

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Like I said, there's a difference between getting in the face of your opponent, and having fun with the fans.

The line you speak of is very fluid- your team, your favorite player vs. your heated rival, the jackhole of the league, or just some team some place. All of them can do the same thing under the same conditions, and you will interpret them differently.

Considering some of the horrible hate male the Fab5 got from so called alumns, race does factor into that, sadly, too.

For Cam- what I really like is that he's showing how much he ENJOYS playing football. Smile, interact with the fans, etc- he seems to really enjoy playing football. To me, that's great!

(and not even considering what he does off the field- which says he just loves being with people. So gives back a lot)

No, I wouldn't interpret it differently. If Rodgers did a canned routine after every score the same as Cam's, I wouldn't like it or think it's appropriate. And I'd say so.

Has nothing at all to do with Cam the person. It's only about his actions and those actions crossing the line that I have in my head.

No one has to agree with me about where that line lies, but I'm tired of people telling me why I feel the way I do or that I'm inconsistent about it.

That's always so difficult for some to get. It's the actions, not the person. So many always want to add some deeper meaning such as race, sex, or whatever.

Showing how much he enjoys playing football or making himself the center of attention?

Team sport. If he were a prize fighter, his antics would be appropriate. In fact, boxing is dying for a guy like Cam to come along.

The NFL doesn't need it.

All that said, is this life and death stuff? Of course not.

I'll sleep just fine tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        As soon as more than one person starts dancing in the end zone, so long as it even hints at being a choreographed dance for multiple people, it will draw a flag. Stephon Diggs was called for a celebration penalty because he started dancing after a score, then another receiver (rookie or second year) joined him there and the flag came out immediately. Meanwhile you could see the veterans running up to them, trying to stop them from dancing only to be too late.
        i completely understand the rule and accept that by rule it was a penalty, and I understand the league doesn't want refs in the business of determining whether it was choreographed or not but I just that it was stupid in that moment.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          No, I wouldn't interpret it differently. If Rodgers did a canned routine after every score the same as Cam's, I wouldn't like it or think it's appropriate. And I'd say so.

Has nothing at all to do with Cam the person. It's only about his actions and those actions crossing the line that I have in my head.

No one has to agree with me about where that line lies, but I'm tired of people telling me why I feel the way I do or that I'm inconsistent about it.

That's always so difficult for some to get. It's the actions, not the person. So many always want to add some deeper meaning such as race, sex, or whatever.

Showing how much he enjoys playing football or making himself the center of attention?

Team sport. If he were a prize fighter, his antics would be appropriate. In fact, boxing is dying for a guy like Cam to come along.

The NFL doesn't need it.

All that said, is this life and death stuff? Of course not.

I'll sleep just fine tonight.

OK, so you are special. Great.

But people in general do bias their opinions of actions based on who is doing it.

Still, it's a freaking game. For fun. And theses guys get paid. They can deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            OK, so you are special.

Thanks.

Comment

Chargers and Rams have reached an agreement to share a stadium in LA. Chargers to remain in San Diego for 2016 season then move unless a stadium deal in San Diego comes through.
              Last edited by Twitch Boy; 01-29-2016, 06:45 PM.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Chargers and Rams have reached an agreement to share a stadium in LA. Chargers to remain in San Diego for 2016 season then move unless a stadium deal in San Diego comes through.
                Alright let's take bets on average attendance for the Chargers: O/U is 30k.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Alright let's take bets on average attendance for the Chargers: O/U is 30k.
                  Waaay under. Nobody in LA gives a rats a*s about the Chargers.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Waaay under. Nobody in LA gives a rats a*s about the Chargers.
                    Did he mean for the 2016 SD season or LA thereafter? I think you're right either way though.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Did he mean for the 2016 SD season or LA thereafter? I think you're right either way though.
                      I thought LA but SD too. What connection could the Chargers think they'd possibly have in LA?

Comment

I thought LA but SD too. What connection could the Chargers think they'd possibly have in LA?
                        The SD Chargers started out as the LA Chargers back in their AFL days.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

For a year. It's not like they have decades of history.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            For a year. It's not like they have decades of history.
                            It's been a long time since any of the three teams vying to move there had any actual history with the city that it just doesn't matter anymore. It's not a squatter's rights battle, it's a battle for making more money from a foolish city willing to spend its citizens' money for a team that most people there seem ambivalent towards having in town anyways.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              So in other words San Diego, give us a brand new spanking new stadium with all of the bells and whistles or we're going to LA.

Oh, did anybody else see that deal where UNLV is in talks to build a dome stadium in Los Vegas and they had reps from the Raiders there talking about maybe moving there as well??
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I know. A lot of the adults that watched them there are dead now. The Rams have only been out of LA since '95. I just think it wouldn't work out well for the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                                X