Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2015.1 - if the ball weighs as much as a duck, it's a catch!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2015.1 - if the ball weighs as much as a duck, it's a catch!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    This is the 4th super bowl in a row with a black QB according to some talking head on ESPN radio, russell Wilson and not sure who else. I don't think its race but I do think its a different generation type of thing. I don't care what he does, he is good so go for it. If you are on other team and don't like it, stop him from scoring.
    Must be including Kaepernick?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Football needs the equivalent of a fastball to the back, that would limit celebrations to when they're appropriate.
      Wouldn't it be more effective to do what Cam suggests? Stop him from scoring? Then there would not be celebrations. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Must be including Kaepernick?
        Kaepernick
        Wilson x 2
        Newton
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Wouldn't it be more effective to do what Cam suggests? Stop him from scoring? Then there would not be celebrations. Done.
          Sure, what about the clown who celebrates after stopping someone for a gain of 2 on 1st and 10 in the 2nd quarter?

Comment

Sure, what about the clown who celebrates after stopping someone for a gain of 2 on 1st and 10 in the 2nd quarter?
            Dwayne Rudd, former Viking LB, would celebrate after every tackle he made. The guy just caught a pass that went for 17 yards and a first down? Doesn't matter, celebrate like you just won the Super Bowl - and that happened on a few different plays I remember watching some 15-20 years ago. It's tough for a player to get better when he's already the World's Greatest in his own mind.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Dwayne Rudd, former Viking LB, would celebrate after every tackle he made. The guy just caught a pass that went for 17 yards and a first down? Doesn't matter, celebrate like you just won the Super Bowl - and that happened on a few different plays I remember watching some 15-20 years ago. It's tough for a player to get better when he's already the World's Greatest in his own mind.
              Hey, it's not like he ever lost a game doing that sort of thing...
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I don't have a problem with in the moment cellys.

In the instance you mention, the guy just looks like an idiot.

Cam's Superman motion is fine and akin to Rodgers' championship belt.

I don't like the staged skits and routines. Not that they aren't sometimes creative and even funny, but I just don't see how they go with sports. To me they are showing up your opponent excessively - even if you state that it's not your intent.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Imagine though, if after scoring, Pavelski did a 10 second dance routine in the center ice circle.

How would that go over?

Of course, the only reason I wouldn't like it is because he's white.

Comment

I enjoyed the Cardinals defender celebrating a stop, even though the play was called a TD.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Imagine though, if after scoring, Pavelski did a 10 second dance routine in the center ice circle.

How would that go over?

How did/do people react to Ovechkin when he started his celebration routines after scoring goals? I recall a great many people in a huff about them. Ovechkin's sort of white.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

How did/do people react to Ovechkin when he started his celebration routines after scoring goals? I recall a great many people in a huff about them. Ovechkin's sort of white.

He's not white.

He's Russian.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Foreigner and Russian. That's almost as bad.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

He's not white.

He's Russian.

Hence "sort of white."

back at you.

Comment

Hence "sort of white."

back at you.

Amongst us Aryans, there's no "sort of" white.

Comment

How would that go over?

I'd hate it cause he's not white, he's a stinkin BADger.

Comment

If you don't see the difference, then why not allow the sharpie to be stashed in the goalpost so a receiver can sign the ball?
                                I agree, however I would like to point out that is still the coolest thing I've ever seen on a football field.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X