Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Good article about Rubio or frankly anybody not named Cruz or Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/us...=top-news&_r=1

At some point you need boots on the ground and campaign operatives to pull you over the finish line. Only Cruz seems to have a large organization in Iowa. Several people are making a play for NH but Rubio isn't really one of them. Even if a Christie or Kasich caught fire in NH, where they do after that with no organization elsewhere? This doesn't affect Trump as much due to his universal name recognition but more for anybody flogging the Rubio = Republican Jesus angle. Nobody has won the nomination after losing the 1st two states in eons.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Nobody has won the nomination after losing the 1st two states in eons.
      I think Bill Clinton did it on the Democratic side, so it's not like it's impossible.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I think Bill Clinton did it on the Democratic side, so it's not like it's impossible.
        wasn't harkins FROM iowa and tsongas FROM northern mass?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not impossible, but really difficult.

Oddly enough, the best thing about the GOP primary is that there's no favorite son running in the early states. That means its a true open contest at least until we get to the SEC Primary (TX - Cruz).

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            wasn't harkins FROM iowa and tsongas FROM northern mass?
            I think so, but it's not like ol' Slick Willie was going to take down Iowa if Harkins was gone. As I recall everyone was still trying to figure out if Hil really did stand by her man by the time those caucuses rolled around.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Looking back Clinton is an interesting template to follow as apparently he didn't win a primary until March, but he kicked butt on Super Tuesday and rolled in the South which he had to himself. This is sorta what Rubio needs to do as he doesn't look strong in the first 4 primary states.

Comment

I think so, but it's not like ol' Slick Willie was going to take down Iowa if Harkins was gone. As I recall everyone was still trying to figure out if Hil really did stand by her man by the time those caucuses rolled around.
                well harkins was there, so it wasn't really a contested contest where people could then point at slicker and say "he can't do it". there was a hometown favorite son.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Looking back Clinton is an interesting template to follow as apparently he didn't win a primary until March, but he kicked butt on Super Tuesday and rolled in the South which he had to himself. This is sorta what Rubio needs to do as he doesn't look strong in the first 4 primary states.
                  Well, I think Rubio is a waste of space but maybe his homophobia campaign beats Trump's Islamophobia campaign??

Possible. There's probably more gays then muslims in America to afraid of.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Well, I think Rubio is a waste of space but maybe his homophobia campaign beats Trump's Islamophobia campaign??

Possible. There's probably more gays then muslims in America to afraid of.
                    Just don't see Rubio catching fire. He's boring and has been totally overshadowed by Trump. The only reason we're talking about him is the media has latched onto his campaign as the so-called "normal" Republican that everybody is supposed to be willing to back. They've most likely done this because they've run out of other options. But, at some point the dude needs to win a state or two. Its not a good sign that he's tied for second in NH with Cruz. NH isn't supposed to be Cruz territory.

Comment

Huh....

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...-breach-216926

Before somebody starts whining, apparently this wasn't a "low level staffer" but the data director for the Sanders campaign.

Comment

So the software company screws up and it is Sanders fault? Like Hillary and her staff would have not taken advantage. (and they should) It isnt like the Sanders camp hacked the Hillary data the software company dropped the flipping firewall.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Just to be clear. The Dem nomination was over the day it began. And for you out east...I mean ovah. Hillary has the minority vote locked up and that means the majority in the Dem party. This group is quieter than the conservative base, but probably even more daunting for a challenger. Not sure if Bernie understands the implications of that...but it don't matter.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            So the software company screws up and it is Sanders fault? Like Hillary and her staff would have not taken advantage. (and they should) It isnt like the Sanders camp hacked the Hillary data the software company dropped the flipping firewall.
                            Ummm...Handy, his top IT guy took advantage of the firewall being down and him and four others went out of their way to access private Clinton campaign data in the DNC database. Only an idiot or someone who lusts after Sanders would say that's not sleazy. I in no way think Sanders ordered this mind you, and his campaign has fired the person, but your assertion is absurd. Its like saying its your fault you left your door unlocked, not the burglar who stole all your possessions.

If you want a good laugh, check out the diaries on daily kos from the Sanders supporters over this! Its either a conspiracy by the Clinton campaign in league with the DNC to set up Sanders, or his head data guy is really an entry level independent contractor who nobody has ever heard of. Oh, there's also the theory that Sanders staffers just turned on their computers and the info was there on their screen even though you have to search for the info.

Comment

Yeah, but the Sanders campaign does not own that data and the intent is that they aren't supposed to see it. Therefore, it's still unethical and considered hacking for them to access it, even if they didn't have to breach any security features to do so.

It would be one thing if the data director had reported it to the software company right away and told his staff to stay out of that part of the system until it was fixed. However, it sounds like the company reviewed the system logs, and determined he & his staff used their read access to poke around in there for a little while and potentially steal some of Clinton's data.

Sure is a well-timed campaign gaffe though. CONSPIRACY!1!!1!

Comment

Rover,

It isnt a conspiracy, the software company screwed up. While I wish the Sanders camp had just ignored it out of good will they would have been foolish to do so. And please dont act like you would not be saying how this was "nothing" and "the lamestream media looking for stories" if your robot lover's staff had done the same thing.

And your analogy doesnt work because Hillary didnt make the mistake. If you paid someone to watch your house and they left the door wide open who would you blame if stuff was stolen?

I am not saying it isnt sleazy, I am saying no one would have not taken advantage. You know it and I know it.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X