Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

It continues.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Just saw a local campaign ad that slammed an "extreme liberal activist" for supporting single payer healthcare.

Oh no! What a demon! Smh
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Saw last night that some far right corners of the Internet are pleasuring themselves over the theory that Biden will enter the race because Obama is going to stab Hillary in the back and order that she be indicted!

I have to admit, it's a titillating conspiracy for anyone who has even the slightest contempt for the Clintons. It's total nonsense of course, but fun to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Saw last night that some far right corners of the Internet are pleasuring themselves over the theory that Biden will enter the race because Obama is going to stab Hillary in the back and order that she be indicted!

I have to admit, it's a titillating conspiracy for anyone who has even the slightest contempt for the Clintons. It's total nonsense of course, but fun to think about.
        Well, Biden is announcing roght now that he is NOT running, a press conference from the Rose Garden.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Well, Biden is announcing roght now that he is NOT running, a press conference from the Rose Garden.
          So it turns out the guy everybody makes fun of shows more sense than anybody.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Stumbled across Biden's announcement unexpectedly and it summed up all the good and bad points about the man. His authenticity and love of battle to make the country a better place were on full display and for that he should be commended.

My only problem with his is the ridiculous notion that you can work with this current crop of Republicans if you just try a little harder. Like Harry Reid 6 years ago, he's under the mistaken assumption that decades of serving with McConnell, Hatch, McCain, etc counts for something. 30 years ago, it probably did. Nowadays it does not. These men either are no longer playing by the old rules of decorum, or can't because they'll either be primaried or kicked out of leadership positions. Having spent 7 years as VP, Biden should know this by now.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Will Clinton turn this thing around? Otherwise its the GOP all the way.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                You're kidding, right?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I suspect it's already turning. The GOP played its cards too early and they used the federal government to do it. The former was a blunder and the latter may be a felony. The lackeys on the committees have gone from being the hunter to the hunted, and they don't strike me as particularly graceful under fire -- if they were acting under instructions from the RNC it will come out and the GOP brand will be sullied even more (assuming that is theoretically possible).

The Democratic debate showed exactly how it will go. Bernie will push Hillary to the left enough to ensure all the liberals like me will vote for her in November. Meanwhile, her genuine moderate chops will attract all the Rover moderates, and she may well pick up some of the Rust Belt moderate conservatives who really liked her back in '08. The unblackening will obviously not help the GOP any, either -- that whole painstaking 8-year boogeyman campaign is now moot. Result: Hillary carries enough of the Democratic constituency to be in at least as good a position as Obama in 2012.

The only thing that stops Hillary now is a GOP wave election, and the Republicans currently look corrupt, which voters forgive, and incompetent, which they don't. Plus by taking control of Congress in 2014 the Republicans are now in the cross-hairs of those who reflexively hate Congress.

It's only October and a lot can happen, but it is starting to look like Hillary is going to not self-destruct, and given the demographic trends that are eroding Republican support nationally, that was always the big GOP hope.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 10-21-2015, 12:56 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Dems have a few things to do now that the Biden potential disruptive run is off the table...

1) Make sure Sanders has a seat at the table. He's running a noble and disciplined campaign focused on issues, not personal attacks. To take back Congress, keeping his supporters engaged is critical. A decade ago the Dems correctly recognized the potential of another liberal Vermonter, and made him DNC chair. A year later they retook Congress.

2) Make sure the Dem primary contest lasts at least until March. I can't see Sanders bowing out but say he does keep O'Malley around or something. Nobody wants a coronation and primaries do generate free press.

3) Blast the ever livin' p !ss out of the GOP after every debate and every primary contest. By the time the nominee is chosen, they should be as popular as jock itch. Keep up the relentless pressure to poison the brand. A lot of people think the House is out of reach. Its not, its just going to take a large effort and a really weak GOP nominee. They're also going to need some help with redistricting lawsuits in FL, VA and TX. However, there is no point in conceding anything until you have to.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Can I have whatever you're smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Dems have a few things to do now that the Biden potential disruptive run is off the table...
                        This is a good piece on how the debate was the last nail in the Biden coffin.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I suspect it's already turning. The GOP played its cards too early and they used the federal government to do it. The former was a blunder and the latter may be a felony. The lackeys on the committees have gone from being the hunter to the hunted, and they don't strike me as particularly graceful under fire -- if they were acting under instructions from the RNC it will come out and the GOP brand will be sullied even more (assuming that is theoretically possible).

The Democratic debate showed exactly how it will go. Bernie will push Hillary to the left enough to ensure all the liberals like me will vote for her in November. Meanwhile, her genuine moderate chops will attract all the Rover moderates, and she may well pick up some of the Rust Belt moderate conservatives who really liked her back in '08. The unblackening will obviously not help the GOP any, either -- that whole painstaking 8-year boogeyman campaign is now moot. Result: Hillary carries enough of the Democratic constituency to be in at least as good a position as Obama in 2012.

The only thing that stops Hillary now is a GOP wave election, and the Republicans currently look corrupt, which voters forgive, and incompetent, which they don't. Plus by taking control of Congress in 2014 the Republicans are now in the cross-hairs of those who reflexively hate Congress.

It's only October and a lot can happen, but it is starting to look like Hillary is going to not self-destruct, and given the demographic trends that are eroding Republican support nationally, that was always the big GOP hope.
                          Sorry. Couldn't read past the Rover moderates comment. Good one!
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Yes, he's still running. Excellent article about Rand Paul especially out of Tiger Beat on the Potomac.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...rianism-213265

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                              Sorry. Couldn't read past the Rover moderates comment. Good one!

Screw YOU Bob. I'm plenty moderate. Last night I moderated my alcohol intake to 3 bourbon & coke's instead of 4....

Comment

Working...
                              X