Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Don't be gauche. Megyn and I have our secrets.
    Huh. I thought restraining orders were always made public...
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Ben Carson Nutty Comment of the Day

That guy...he is...well something!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Stick a fork in Rubio and Bush.
        Which means its Trump...and with Bernie and a damaged Hillary, probably president Trump.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Ben Carson Nutty Comment of the Day

That guy...he is...well something!
          That is the defacto position of the GOP across the country on that issue. It's in legislation all over the place. Walker signed one just recently or at least said he was going to sign one.

And here's one of his even better ideas.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow
          On NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Chuck Todd tried to pin Carson down on this bizarre plan. The GOP candidate – currently, a top tier contender – insisted, “This is not just spouting off; I’ve thought about this.” What a relief.

CARSON: The way that works is you invite students at the universities to send in their complaints, and then you investigate. For instance, there was a university – I’m sure you’ve heard of the situation – where, you know, the professor told everybody, “Take out a piece of paper and write the name ‘Jesus’ on it. Put in on the floor and stomp on it.” And one student refused to do that and was disciplined severely. You know, he subsequently was able to be reinstated–

TODD: We’re not violating the First Amendment? How is what you’re advocating not a violation of the First Amendment?

CARSON: It’s not a violation of the First Amendment, because all I’m saying is taxpayer funding should not be used for propaganda. It shouldn’t be.

Reminded that Carson’s definition of “propaganda” might look like “free speech” to others, the Republican replied, in a bit of a non-sequitur, “Well, that’s why I said we’re going to have the students send in. And we will investigate.”
          How the hell is that in second place? Oh, right, never mind.
          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-26-2015, 12:48 PM.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It boggles my mind that he is anywhere close to the ticket. Like at least people enjoy Trump's crazy and he is a known character...Carson is a full on wack-a-loon!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              That is the defacto position of the GOP across the country on that issue. It's in legislation all over the place. Walker signed one just recently or at least said he was going to sign one.

And here's one of his even better ideas.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

How the hell is that in second place? Oh, right, never mind.
              He never finished his anecdote about the professor and the student, though. The professor then asked the students to gather around and burn the flag, but Marine Todd stood up and told them to stop, and then beat the professor in hand to hand combat, and then conceived glorious Christian babies with all of the buxom virgin women in the class.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                He never finished his anecdote about the professor and the student, though. The professor then asked the students to gather around and burn the flag, but Marine Todd stood up and told them to stop, and then beat the professor in hand to hand combat, and then conceived glorious Christian babies with all of the buxom virgin women in the class.
                But he conceived them by singing America the Beautiful to highlights of the Dallas Cowboys, so their hymens would still be intact for their future husbands.

Jesus wept (with happiness).
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It boggles my mind that he is anywhere close to the ticket. Like at least people enjoy Trump's crazy and he is a known character...Carson is a full on wack-a-loon!
                  You're stretching it now. This is just the standard "when does life begin" argument made by a black Republican who decided to throw the slavery word in to remind everyone of his race. It's no crazier than any other candidate saying life begins at conception, and not in the third trimester, that anti-abortion people have argued for 40 years.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    You're stretching it now. This is just the standard "when does life begin" argument made by a black Republican who decided to throw the slavery word in to remind everyone of his race. It's no crazier than any other candidate saying life begins at conception, and not in the third trimester, that anti-abortion people have argued for 40 years.
                    If you say so...if you dont think Carson is a full on whack job that is on you. If you support the GOP and want him holding any position above dog catcher you should be committed.

And yes equating abortion to slavery is crazy. Or can I say that making abortion illegal or forcing in-vetro procedures on woman is like slavery as well? (which I would never say because the voices in my head sing songs they dont somehow get me political nominations even) Both cant be like slavery so which is?
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

If you say so...if you dont think Carson is a full on whack job that is on you. If you support the GOP and want him holding any position above dog catcher you should be committed.

And yes equating abortion to slavery is crazy. Or can I say that making abortion illegal or forcing in-vetro procedures on woman is like slavery as well? (which I would never say because the voices in my head sing songs they dont somehow get me political nominations even) Both cant be like slavery so which is?
                      He wasn't equating abortion to slavery, although the DailyKos, et al want you to believe as much.

Look, let's say a woman gets pregnant through rape or incest. She then carries the baby right up to the day before she is due to give birth and decides, at the last moment, bringing a child of incest into the world isn't a great idea, and declares that it's her body, her baby, and she wants it aborted. I don't think there are a lot of people that would support her on that, whether you are a "choice" person or not. What Carson would say is if you gave the woman her "choice", you are essentially letting her exercise ownership and dominion over another person, just like the slave masters of yore. It's an odd analogy, but not completely off the charts if society were in fact inclined to let a woman in that position make such a choice.

All Carson does is extend that back from the day before birth (which we would all find outrageous), past the "viability" stage (which most of us are ok with and Courts have declared to be the law) to the moment of conception, and claim that once conception occurs, that tissue is a "person" and anyone exercising ownership, control or dominion over it with unfettered discretion is no better than a slaveowner.

Personally I've never been a "from conception" kind of guy, but I recognize some have applied their faith to reach that conclusion, and I've relied on the courts to say how society will respond.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Carson has also said:
                        Obamacare is the worst thing to happen to the U.S. since slavery
                        Obanacare is slavery because it's a government program.
                        The holocaust wouldn't have been as bad if the Jews had been armed
                        America is like Nazi Germany
                        Gay marriage proponents are like NAMBLA and bestiality supporters
                        AP history students will want to sign up for ISIS after taking the course

But you're right, he's not completely batshiat crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Carson has also said:

He said that about APUSH classes?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Carson has also said:

I'm not here defending all of Carson's past statements. Candidly, I know very little about the man or his past, what he may or may not have said, or what his mental health status is, but feel free to find any of my posts suggesting otherwise, if you'd like.

My response to Handy's freakout about Carson's abortion statement was to point out that if we were on the nine month end of the pregnancy continuum, a good majority of the public would probably agree with Carson that a woman attempting to hold dominion over the life or death of the about to be born child would be about as bad as what a slaveowner was doing. Carson, like many abortion opponents, simply goes too far back in the pregnancy.

But, keep jerking that knee.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                              He said that about APUSH classes?
                              https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-up-for-isis/

Yes he did

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I'm not here defending all of Carson's past statements. Candidly, I know very little about the man or his past, what he may or may not have said, or what his mental health status is, but feel free to find any of my posts suggesting otherwise, if you'd like.

My response to Handy's freakout about Carson's abortion statement was to point out that if we were on the nine month end of the pregnancy continuum, a good majority of the public would probably agree with Carson that a woman attempting to hold dominion over the life or death of the about to be born child would be about as bad as what a slaveowner was doing. Carson, like many abortion opponents, simply goes too far back in the pregnancy.

But, keep jerking that knee.
                                Most abortion opponents aren't running for the job of Leader of the Free World, one of the requirements of which is being able to act and talk like a statesman rather than your average sports talk knucklehead.

But you keep spinning it as though comparing abortion to slavery is ever an ok analogy for someone running for office.

Comment

Working...
                                X