Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    It was really impressive if you think about it, because Wellstone died 11 days before the election.
    I think you mean 'assassinated'.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      You laugh, but after watching Fargo I'm thinking all those frozen Ola are stone cold killers at heart.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        Are you talking of the Flaggy, um, flag?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I do not like the Senate choosing the VP, since that could result in a VP from the opposing party. While fun, that would be very unhealthy and essentially deprive the country of the Vice President as a useful office for that term (no jokes!).

I think the best way to handle it would be for the VP (now presidential candidate) to announce their choice for VP and for the Senate to promise to appoint that person (to fulfill the correct Constitutional mechanism) if that ticket won. That way we would know who we were voting for when we stepped into the booth.
          In the case of a vacancy in the VP slot, the President forwards a name to the Senate who either says "Yea" or "Nay". See Rockefeller, Nelson.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            In the case of a vacancy in the VP slot, the President forwards a name to the Senate who either says "Yea" or "Nay". See Rockefeller, Nelson.
            That's only for an incumbent. The 20th talks in detail about what happens in the case of a vacancy during the president-elect period.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              The RNC has to stop these behind the scenes shenanigans to throw the nomination to an Establishment stiff. Either the primaries count or they don't. They don't count only if you get the person you want.
              Surely the real point of the primaries is to make it look like the public backed the person you wanted all along?
              Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
              Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

A Media Matterd investigation finds that ABC's World News has spent 81 minutes on Trump, just 20 seconds on Bernie.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/12...than-on/207428
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Except that they rushed Mondale on the ballot a couple days after Wellstone's plane crashed, not a relative. It was really impressive if you think about it, because Wellstone died 11 days before the election. That's how we ended up with Senator Norm Coleman. More to the point, that's how we ended up with Senator Al Franken.
                  I know I've said this a lot but I really like Franken. Even if we don't agree on everything. He's respectable and is probably the hardest working senator on capital hill. He keeps his nose clean and his face off the newspaper making sure his constituents are well represented. He is the leader of the resistance against SOPA, the NSA, and any number of other anti-consumer and overreaches of the MIC.

He's the man.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I know I've said this a lot but I really like Franken. Even if we don't agree on everything. He's respectable and is probably the hardest working senator on capital hill. He keeps his nose clean and his face off the newspaper making sure his constituents are well represented. He is the leader of the resistance against SOPA, the NSA, and any number of other anti-consumer and overreaches of the MIC.

He's the man.
                    Not being from Minnesota, I don't know as much about him, but I like what I hear as well. Man gets his start as a comedian and takes his politics very seriously. Trump treats it all like a poorly written reality show.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Not being from Minnesota, I don't know as much about him, but I like what I hear as well. Man gets his start as a comedian and takes his politics very seriously. Trump treats it all like a poorly written reality show.
                      Also, Why Not Me? is hilarious satire. I thought it was funny, and I was a junior conservative at the time.

Comment

Ben Carson Threatening to Leave the GOP
                        The retired neurosurgeon lashed out at Republican leaders who discussed the possibility of a “brokered convention” during a recent private dinner meeting in Washington. The Washington Post first reported Thursday that the group, including Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, discussed the sustained strength of billionaire business Donald Trump and the possibility that a consensus nominee might not emerge before the party’s mid-July national convention in Cleveland.

“If this was the beginning of a plan to subvert the will of the voters and replace it with the will of the political elite, I assure you Donald Trump will not be the only one leaving the party,” Carson said in a statement that referenced Trump’s repeated threats to leave the GOP if treated “unfairly.”

“I pray that the report in the Post this morning was incorrect,” Carson added. “If it is correct, every voter who is standing for change must know they are being betrayed. I won’t stand for it.”
                        He should realize that is precisely what they want. They want Trump and Carson out...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He's the man.
                          Agree on Franken. And as good as he is...IMO he's probably the senator with the second best prospects. Klobuchar has been dynamite. In addition to being one of the most popular politicians in the history of the state, she is on short lists for president. A few months ago, WaPo had her as the politician with the 8th best chance to get the D nomination (beind Clinton and Biden and ahead of Sanders).
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Klobuchar does nothing for me. She's boring. Has little actual substance and has made some very, very peculiar votes. There was one that was brought up here about six months ago that was particularly troubling.

She would be a horrendous candidate right up there with Kerry. You could make a sandwich with those two slices of milquetoast.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Klobuchar does nothing for me.
                              And Franken is personality plus? Hahaha. You lost me there.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                And Franken is personality plus? Hahaha. You lost me there.
                                You must not watch anything that either of them say. If we are talking personality alone, one needs to only look at the Colbert appearance by Klobuchar. It was brutal.

Then you have videos of Franken in actual hearings and he makes excellent points while keeping it light and watchable.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X