Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    According to a PPP poll coming out tomorrow:

Trump supporters:
    51% want to shut down mosques in the United States, 16% opposed
    62% think thousands of Arabs in New Jersey cheered collapse of WTC, 15% don't
    67% support national database of Muslims, 14% opposed
    24% think Islam should be legal in United States, 44% illegal
    My god. We're no better than ISIS.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Why on Earth are people surprised? How many times do I have to tell you people that the current Republican party bears little resemblance to the one of our youth? Way too many of you posters sound like Beltway pundits, still waiting for the Reagan-Bush I-Dole-Baker crowd to reassert themselves while never asking why they've been silent for so long. All these people are either elderly or dead. Trump-Cruz-Carson IS modern Gooper conservatism. To the core.

If 75% of Republicans think the Muslim religion is incompatible with American values, why would Trump's comments hurt him in the polls?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        44% think Islam should be illegal?? Who among the faces I see every day are these people? I don't think I know them, but I'm sure I do.
        I think I work with your share, because those numbers sound low for my building of about 500 people.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          I think I work with your share, because those numbers sound low for my building of about 500 people.
          Same here.

Many of my co-workers have had nothing but a steady diet of Fox and Rush et al for decades. They live in a parallel universe. Having worked beside them for a decade this is no longer shocking or appalling. They are the captives of a highly lucrative industry, milking them for political donations, books, and especially weapon sales. Meanwhile many of them are living paycheck to paycheck for mortgage and tuition (invariably to private religious schools which indoctrinate the next generation).

There is absolutely no reason why these people would know better or think differently. Their entire worldview is consolidated within a corporate bubble of misinformation, and they lack the basic critical skills to test their hypotheses or fact check their assumptions because those skills were not taught to them in homeschooling. They aren't stupid. They're prisoners of an authoritarian mental horizon.

The Echo Chamber is many things -- primarily it is a business -- but it displays all the characteristics of a cult. And like any good cult, there is no way "inside" the cult members' heads, because all those routes circle back to the cult leaders.
          Last edited by Kepler; 12-08-2015, 08:20 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Egad. It was exactly thus when I worked defense in Texas (except people can actually afford to live there), just wouldn't have expected it to be quite so extreme in MD. You should transfer to El Segundo - completely different out here!
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Bernie's morning note to his donors:

I want to say a few things about Donald Trump and specifically about his comments tonight that we should ban all Muslims from coming to the United States, even American Muslims returning home from overseas.

It's fun for the political media to treat Donald Trump like he's the lead character in a soap opera or the star player on a baseball team. But the truth is his language is dangerous, especially as it empowers his supporters to act out against Muslims, Latinos, and African-Americans.

Poll after poll shows that I am the candidate best suited to take on Donald Trump and every other Republican running for president.

Help me show the best of America -- not the worst that Trump exemplifies. Help us win.

Donate $3 to our campaign now to condemn Donald Trump's hate and racism.

The United States is a great nation when we stand together, but we are weak when we allow racism and xenophobia to divide us. So let's send a message that we stand together.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Same here.

Many of my co-workers have had nothing but a steady diet of Fox and Rush et al for decades.
                Why are your CNN newsroom co-workers watching Fox?

Moving on, the so-called denouncements of Trump's comments by his rivals for the nomination are pretty weak. If they won't take on a buffoon, how are they going to face down ISIS and/or Putin?
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Egad. It was exactly thus when I worked defense in Texas (except people can actually afford to live there), just wouldn't have expected it to be quite so extreme in MD. You should transfer to El Segundo - completely different out here!
                  Not MD, NoVa. People here think MD is a People's Republic.

I assumed is was endemic to the whole industry. Ex-mil, lower middle class, no (real) college, rural, evangelical, gun crazy, work bench "engineering." This is the central artery of the Echo Chamber's non-Deep South franchise.

I know two things about El Segundo. A college friend worked a summer internship at Hughes in 1982, and this.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Dick Cheney condemns Trump's comments by saying (paraphrasing): "It's un-American to ban a religion. Many of my own ancestors were Puritans looking for a place to practice their religion freely. There wasn't anybody here then when they came*, but the tradition stands..."
                    *actual quote
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      Dick Cheney condemns Trump's comments by saying (paraphrasing): "It's un-American to ban a religion. Many of my own ancestors were Puritans looking for a place to practice their religion freely. There wasn't anybody here then when they came*, but the tradition stands..."
                      *actual quote
                      There's a man who understands Thanksgiving.

But the point stands, when you're making Dick Cheney look compassionate, it's time to check yourself.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 12-08-2015, 08:52 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

They've gotta be commuting from Warrenton and Culpepper, right? I mean Fairfax isn't exactly Berkeley but it has to have cleaned up more than that in the last 20 years.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          They've gotta be commuting from Warrenton and Culpepper, right? I mean Fairfax isn't exactly Berkeley but it has to have cleaned up more than that in the last 20 years.
                          Yes, lots of commuters from Warrenton and Culpepper and points further south. My PM lives in Orange, and there was a guy from another program who drove up 3x a week from Luray.

Fairfax is sane and educated now -- everyone there is from New York and pretty much all the herpa-derp has been cleared out. Loudon has become the new battleground, with hillbillies gradually getting pushed out by prices. It may hold the line, though, because there's a fairly large horsey set contingent out there who are single issue voters: abolish the estate tax. I'm sure they're all descendants of the Lees. I think Grisham and Duvall live out there, to give you an idea of the SES.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Yes, lots of commuters from Warrenton and Culpepper and points further south. My PM lives in Orange, and there was a guy from another program who drove up 3x a week from Luray.

Fairfax is sane and educated now -- everyone there is from New York and pretty much all the herpa-derp has been cleared out. Loudon has become the new battleground, with hillbillies gradually getting pushed out by prices. It may hold the line, though, because there's a fairly large horsey set contingent out there who are single issue voters: abolish the estate tax. I'm sure they're all descendants of the Lees. I think Grisham and Duvall live out there, to give you an idea of the SES.
                            Yup, my mom is in Ashburn and it's essentially Fairfax now. Even my old stomping grounds of Haymarket and northern PWC go Democratic in presidential elections now, which seemed **** near impossible 10 years ago.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I assumed is was endemic to the whole industry. Ex-mil, lower middle class, no (real) college, rural, evangelical, gun crazy, work bench "engineering." This is the central artery of the Echo Chamber's non-Deep South franchise.

I know two things about El Segundo. A college friend worked a summer internship at Hughes in 1982, and this.
                              El Segundo is pretty nice as well as the beach areas south of it, I have to go to LA Air Force Base every now and then for work. I've considered moving there but trying for San Diego area first. As far as the people that fall into that demo, you're understating it. Many here hit a lot of those demographic points, but there are many that are highly educated as well. Air Force Academy grads, retired Air Force and Army Colonels, it is no where close to limited to ex-enlisted.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                44% think Islam should be illegal?? Who among the faces I see every day are these people? I don't think I know them, but I'm sure I do.
                                It doesn't take much. I'd believe those numbers around here if you replaced 'Islam' with 'being black' because a few people blocked some traffic a couple times.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X