Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

    Originally posted by Rover View Post
    HA! Anybody sad to see Jebbers! drop out of the race, raise your hand. Wait a minute, why is it only Democrats who have their hand up?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...spending-cuts/

    Quick note: If you were running Jebbers! campaign, wouldn't you want him in front of voters LESS, not more?
    Alluring Megyn asks the question you're not supposed to ask.

    Dare we dream that the neocons are going to get boxed out in this nomination? That the RNC is finally ready to purge the chicken hawks?
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-23-2015, 01:37 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

      Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Jeb should bide his time. He may not make it. But there's always a chance Trump implodes.

      And unless Hillary gets back on track, there's an increasing chance we have a GOP president regardless.
      Trump will implode. But as for Hillary, I dunno where you've been for the last few weeks, but she is completely back on track. I don't care for her, but she's basically wrapped up the nomination in October, and she's already shown she is infinitely superior to the Noise Machine. For that matter, she's looked presidential, something nobody else from either party has.

      Unless something brand new, very serious, and (sorry Republicans) legitimate surfaces in the next 12 months, Rover's going to have a really enjoyable year. I'll be depressed, but I'll live. You kooks on the right, OTOH...
      Last edited by Kepler; 10-23-2015, 01:44 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

        Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Trump will implode. But as for Hillary, I dunno where you've been for the last few weeks, but she is completely back on track. I don't care for her, but she's basically wrapped up the nomination in October, and she's already shown she is infinitely superior to the Noise Machine. For that matter, she's looked presidential, something nobody else from either party has.

        Unless something brand new, very serious, and (sorry Republicans) legitimate surfaces in the next 12 months, Rover's going to have a really enjoyable year. I'll be depressed, but I'll live. You kooks on the right, OTOH...
        20 bucks says Itch's priority in the Senate after Hillary gets elected is to make her a one term President.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Trump will implode. But as for Hillary, I dunno where you've been for the last few weeks, but she is completely back on track. I don't care for her, but she's basically wrapped up the nomination in October, and she's already shown she is infinitely superior to the Noise Machine. For that matter, she's looked presidential, something nobody else from either party has.

          Unless something brand new, very serious, and (sorry Republicans) legitimate surfaces in the next 12 months, Rover's going to have a really enjoyable year. I'll be depressed, but I'll live. You kooks on the right, OTOH...
          Moi? Are you implying that I'm going to enjoy torturing knuckledraggers as the last person they ever expected to be elected Prez cruises to victory? Surely you jest.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

          Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

          "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

            This is insane to me. The only way it makes sense is if he's putting in temporary cost-saving measures to just rope-a-dope the rest of the field. Because it's down to him and Rubio. Crazy enough, my dad called it months ago. He's said he thinks Rubio is going to be the nominee. It seemed insane at the time but less so the closer we get to 11/2016.

            Either way, The Money isn't going to back a stupid candidate like Carson or Trump. Trump is the only person who could stand up to The Money, but is he really willing to spend a couple billion of his own money to have just a shot at winning? He's crazy, but he's not stupid. You don't get that rich by throwing away money. Maybe he's increasing his brand value by tens or, on the extreme end, hundreds of millions of dollars. But if he's going to go up against The Money, he's going to need to spend a few billion.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

              Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Trump is the only person who could stand up to The Money, but is he really willing to spend a couple billion of his own money to have just a shot at winning? He's crazy, but he's not stupid. You don't get that rich by throwing away money. Maybe he's increasing his brand value by tens or, on the extreme end, hundreds of millions of dollars. But if he's going to go up against The Money, he's going to need to spend a few billion.
              Will he, though? I wonder whether Trump is going to try to run without spending a dime of his own money. He gets free, infinite publicity from the media. He doesn't have to explain positions so he doesn't need a research team. If he winds up the nominee the RNC will still have to pimp him as the head of their ticket if for nothing else to save the undercard.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

                Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Will he, though? I wonder whether Trump is going to try to run without spending a dime of his own money. He gets free, infinite publicity from the media. He doesn't have to explain positions so he doesn't need a research team. If he winds up the nominee the RNC will still have to pimp him as the head of their ticket if for nothing else to save the undercard.
                Right, but at some point the RNC is going to have to realize that Trump is not going to be the next president. (Threw up a little in my mouth at the thought.) They are going to have to convince The Money to torpedo him. That might mean spending half a billion in the next eight months to convince the right to back Rubio or Bush.

                Then again, that also means they would have to fight a two-front war. One against a billionaire gasbag, one against the DNC. Does The Money think it is worth spending the half-billion on the primaries AND the full billion in the general? Or would they just pull out of the primaries and let the cards fall where they may over the next four years? It would be bad, but I expect it to play out like Minnesota did during the Ventura administration. Pure gridlock.

                I wonder if he becomes the GOP nominee, if they don't put all of their money into the Senate, House, and local elections. Now that would be interesting.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

                  Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Right, but at some point the RNC is going to have to realize that Trump is not going to be the next president. (Threw up a little in my mouth at the thought.) They are going to have to convince The Money to torpedo him. That might mean spending half a billion in the next eight months to convince the right to back Rubio or Bush.

                  Then again, that also means they would have to fight a two-front war. One against a billionaire gasbag, one against the DNC. Does The Money think it is worth spending the half-billion on the primaries AND the full billion in the general? Or would they just pull out of the primaries and let the cards fall where they may over the next four years? It would be bad, but I expect it to play out like Minnesota did during the Ventura administration. Pure gridlock.
                  I don't think they can afford to risk a Dem sweep of all branches. The 1.5 billion they would spend is nothing compared to the trillions they rip us off for. It is worth almost any cost to them to prevent the higher marginal tax rates from returning to traditional levels. Not to mention that a functioning government could prosecute white collar criminals.

                  Think of how little it cost them to jimmy the system back in the 80s, and think of the windfall they have realized from that. Their ROI is amazing. They aren't going to risk that; they'd probably foment a coup before allowing real democracy again.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

                    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Right, but at some point the RNC is going to have to realize that Trump is not going to be the next president. (Threw up a little in my mouth at the thought.) They are going to have to convince The Money to torpedo him. That might mean spending half a billion in the next eight months to convince the right to back Rubio or Bush.

                    Then again, that also means they would have to fight a two-front war. One against a billionaire gasbag, one against the DNC. Does The Money think it is worth spending the half-billion on the primaries AND the full billion in the general? Or would they just pull out of the primaries and let the cards fall where they may over the next four years? It would be bad, but I expect it to play out like Minnesota did during the Ventura administration. Pure gridlock.

                    I wonder if he becomes the GOP nominee, if they don't put all of their money into the Senate, House, and local elections. Now that would be interesting.
                    No they wont risk all their tickets by allowing Trump to get the nom. Every liberal and moderate would vote against the ticket top to bottom.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

                      If it can happen there, it can happen anywhere.....

                      Fox News ‏@FoxNews 3:35 pm ET
                      Comedian poised to win presidency in Guatemala http://fxn.ws/1MJiHgI via @foxnewslatino
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                      ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

                      Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                      I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

                        Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        This is insane to me. The only way it makes sense is if he's putting in temporary cost-saving measures to just rope-a-dope the rest of the field. Because it's down to him and Rubio. Crazy enough, my dad called it months ago. He's said he thinks Rubio is going to be the nominee. It seemed insane at the time but less so the closer we get to 11/2016.

                        Either way, The Money isn't going to back a stupid candidate like Carson or Trump. Trump is the only person who could stand up to The Money, but is he really willing to spend a couple billion of his own money to have just a shot at winning? He's crazy, but he's not stupid. You don't get that rich by throwing away money. Maybe he's increasing his brand value by tens or, on the extreme end, hundreds of millions of dollars. But if he's going to go up against The Money, he's going to need to spend a few billion.
                        Trump inherited his wealth, he didn't so much earn it. In fact, had he invested his cash into a middling mutual fund, some analyst out there ran the numbers and said he'd be something like 75% richer than he is now with all of his current business ventures.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                        "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                        "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

                          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Trump will implode. But as for Hillary, I dunno where you've been for the last few weeks, but she is completely back on track.
                          Or the past day... I think we'll look back a year from now and realize that the Benghazi hearings, more than any other event, lifted Clinton to the presidency. To the everlasting denial of her interrogators.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

                            Gun control comparisons by state.

                            Kep - I think New Jersey is very appropriate.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                            ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

                            Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                            I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Campaign 2016 - I'm Biden my time till I doctor the hearing.

                              Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              You just go on believing that sparky. Not for nothing, but Scooby does that schtick way better than you...
                              I don't know a single liberal friend excited to vote for Hillary, and many are hoping the GOP option is someone they don't hate. No one was saying that at least the first time around with Obama.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I don't know a single liberal friend excited to vote for Hillary, and many are hoping the GOP option is someone they don't hate. No one was saying that at least the first time around with Obama.
                                Any liberal would be about a million times happier with Hillary than any of those GOP nuts.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X