Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2009 (or, in Super Bowl nomenclature, MMIX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2009 (or, in Super Bowl nomenclature, MMIX)

Originally posted by Wardy View Post
    When did Cleveland sign both Favre and Jackson???

It's a sad day when Cleveland WISHED they had TJack.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Here's my fantasy football team for 2009. I won this PPR league last year led by Brees, Westbrook, Boldin, Pierre Thomas, and the Tennessee defense.

It's a 10 team league and this year we are doing keepers.

I picked first in a snake format.

Round Pos Player

1. RB Adrian Peterson
      2. RB Brian Westbrook
      3. WR Reggie Wayne
      4. QB Phillip Rivers
      5. WR TJ Houshmanzode
      6. RB Ray Rice
      7. WR DeSean Jackson
      8. DEF Baltimore
      9. TE Owen Daniels
      10. RB LeSean McCoy
      11. WR Torry Holt
      12. QB Kyle Orton
      13. WR Josh Morgan
      14. K. David Akers
      15. RB Jamaal Charles

Starting Line-up:

QB. Rivers
      RB. Peterson, Westbrook
      WR. Wayne, Housh
      WR/RB. Ray Rice or Jackson
      TE. Daniels
      K. Akers
      D. Baltimore

Not a bad group of starters. Your guys thoughts?

I should be set at QB, #1 WR, and #1 RB for many years to come.

I drafted McCoy as a safety clause for Westbrook. I probably wouldnt have taken Westbrook normally but in a PPR league he was just too valuable to leave sitting there at the end of the second round.

I'm hoping Housh can continue to put up solid #2 WR stats with a heathy Hasselback and hopefully an improved Seattle line.

Ray Rice and DeSean Jackson give me two young talents that both have solid fantasy potential and hopefully one of them pans out to be my fourth of fifth keeper player.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Hey! They made a movie about jmh!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

NSFW:

Good Deadspin!
            http://deadspin.com/5354828/why-your...burgh-steelers

Meh Deadspin!

http://deadspin.com/5354194/why-your...eveland-browns

Unreadable Deadspin!
            http://deadspin.com/5350312/why-your...gland-patriots

(never ever write in a Boston accent)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Season is underway.

Comment

Where's TBA? The officiating tonight is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I've been talking about it on FB, they've been awful tonight both ways, but mostly against the Steelers.

Steelers fans are complaining like they've forgotten that the last time they played the refs helped them win the SB.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

That facemask call on Polamalu was legit. I haven't seen much of the game other than that (there was a bad holding call earlier, but I could see that looking like holding in real time).
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

• Re: NFL 2009 (or, in Super Bowl nomenclature, MMIX)

Tennessee's special teams have been atrocious: missed FG, blocked FG, 40-yard KO return allowed, two punts allowed to drop (at least one for little to no reason) and roll for an aggregate 30-35 yards.

Comment

• I just figured out why Roethlesburger bothers me - he was obviously the inspiration for those ridiculous Fathead wall thingies, and well, nuff said.

Comment

Big Ben is gonna die this season. Literally. He's gonna suffer from his 928076730265th sack/hard hit in about the 8th game, and he's gonna not get up.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Big Ben is gonna die this season. Literally. He's gonna suffer from his 928076730265th sack/hard hit in about the 8th game, and he's gonna not get up.
                            They have an epically bad offensive line apparently.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They have an epically bad offensive line apparently.
                              Believe me, as an FFL team who's had Ben for a couple years, and Willie Parker for another couple, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                                Steelers fans are complaining like they've forgotten that the last time they played the refs helped them win the SB.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X